TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

heys6 said:
will there be any reprints of pokemon collector?

As of now, with what Japan has released, no. They probably won't reprint the exact card of Pokemon Collector. Just like with Rosanne's Research, Pokemon came out with a different supporter that did the same thing with a twist. Dual Ball has been in the format for a while, and may get a reprint, but still you gotta go with what's being released in Japan.

New holo pattern?

I got my Keldeo Battle Strengths Decks in the mail yesterday, and the holo pattern for the cards seems new, at least to me. It's an all-over flat holo, similar to our last RH style, but smooth over the entire card (including border and picture). In addition, there are diagonal holo lines in a cross-hatch pattern that appear and move based on light position. All 3 holo cards in the set (Keldeo, Eviolite, and Rocky Helmet) all use this pattern.

Is this new, or has this style been used before? The last preconstructed decks from Japan (Hydreigon and Garchomp half-decks) used the crackle-style holo that was said to be used in these style decks. I haven't seen this particular style before (and Bulbapedia says nothing about it, at least in the places I've thought to check), but I'm also rather new to collecting Japanese cards (at least since the Gym era). So, any information would be nice.

Leading off of that, is there any particular listing or guide to the different styles of holos that have been used throughout the Pokémon TCG? It just seems like something that's kind of interesting, especially in seeing how the production of the cards has changed over time.

Artemis said:
New holo pattern?

I got my Keldeo Battle Strengths Decks in the mail yesterday, and the holo pattern for the cards seems new, at least to me. It's an all-over flat holo, similar to our last RH style, but smooth over the entire card (including border and picture). In addition, there are diagonal holo lines in a cross-hatch pattern that appear and move based on light position. All 3 holo cards in the set (Keldeo, Eviolite, and Rocky Helmet) all use this pattern.

Is this new, or has this style been used before? The last preconstructed decks from Japan (Hydreigon and Garchomp half-decks) used the crackle-style holo that was said to be used in these style decks. I haven't seen this particular style before (and Bulbapedia says nothing about it, at least in the places I've thought to check), but I'm also rather new to collecting Japanese cards (at least since the Gym era). So, any information would be nice.

Leading off of that, is there any particular listing or guide to the different styles of holos that have been used throughout the Pokémon TCG? It just seems like something that's kind of interesting, especially in seeing how the production of the cards has changed over time.

My deck just showed. That is new style of foil.

Is this a good deal?

Near Mint Crystal Nidoking for $15

I also have the chance to buy two of the above card for $30.

Should I do it?

Blui129 said:
Why EP? Why?

Are you happy with BW one?

Blui129 said:
Also, is the figure the one that Japan got recently?
Here is an auction for it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-2-Black-White-Dark-Explorers-Kyurem-Miniature-Figure-/290721987498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b0617baa#ht_1559wt_825

There must be a big surplus of EP packs lying around. We've been seeing quite a few of those in sets lately.

Man, I really don't want to support their constant clearing out of EP packs, but I do want to support getting more figures

Hi,
I was perusing the internet and stumbled upon this tin. I have never seen it before and was wondering if someone could give me some info on it (i.e. year, contents, price, etc.)

Here's a picture:
KGrHqZqwE-YohbfpKBP0nT4lTw60_57.jpg

I think that the tin is fake as Ash doesn't appear on tins to my knowledge and won't be on them.

There's the Japanese "Pikachu the Movie" logo with the latter two words edited out, they wouldn't do that officially as well.

I'm 99.99% sure that's fake:

1. If it were real, I'm sure I would've seen more by now.
2. Ash seems to be mirrored.
3. The TCG has very few tie-ins with the Anime, let alone ones released outside of Japan.
4. As pointed out above, the movie logo shouldn't be there, and it's edited making it even more fishy.
5. I don't think they would be likely to re-use pack art on a tin. (that Mewtwo is from one of the older EX series sets)

Sigh, I recently went through a rather long discussion about this on another forum :p

It all depends on what you are doing with the card you want, and also your own personal views and opinions.

So, for what reason are you looking to get cards graded?

Oh this is purely because I have a Beckett graded 10 japanese charizard reverse holo promo. I have had mixed feelings from people interested. I have heard beckett grading is bad

The Calendar has been updated http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-tcg-discussion-please-read-before-posting-in-this-forum?pid=2028121#pid2028121

I think this is where to post this... Can anyone help me find out if the deck lists from the top decks in Japan are on the internet? Like the darkrai deck, garchomp, and zekeels? I'm looking for ideas to base what I am going to run next season.

Back