TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

RE: TCG Discussion (New Guidelines for Appropriate Topics - Please Read Before Posting)

I got a question: Sometimes, the holographic cards I have get bent. I don't want them to accidentally become marked cards, so what should I do to flatten them?

RE: TCG Discussion (New Guidelines for Appropriate Topics - Please Read Before Posting)

Ophie said:
I got a question: Sometimes, the holographic cards I have get bent. I don't want them to accidentally become marked cards, so what should I do to flatten them?

Put them under a steamroller!

The best thing I can think of is put the card(s) in a thick book and sit on it for a while.

I had a few pretty bend ones from Team Rocket Returns packs I opened the other week.

A few days of having them in a toploader together and switching the directions they were facing occasionally sorted them out.

Any news on the Cubchoo/Beartic blister, is it out in stores already?

That question belongs in the Merchandise Help thread.

In the future, posts similar topics there. Thanks.

Just got my box of Dragon Selection

cards are
001/020 Dratini
002/020 Dratini
003/020 Dragonair
004/020 Dragonair
005/020 Dragonite
006/020 Bagon
007/020 Shelgon
008/020 Salamence
009/020 Latias
010/020 Latios
011/020 Rayquaza
012/020 Axew
013/020 Axew
014/020 Fraxure
015/020 Fraxure
016/020 Haxorus
017/020 Druddigon
018/020 Super Rod
019/020 Fast Ticket
020/020 Exp. Share

any guesses on which card I only got one of?

One of the trainers?

(I say this because in my 2 boxes I got at least 6 of all the pokémon, but only 3 or 4 of each of the trainers)

Artemis said:
One of the trainers?

(I say this because in my 2 boxes I got at least 6 of all the pokémon, but only 3 or 4 of each of the trainers)

3 or 4 of each of the trainers. Wow that many! I got 5 trainers total.

Well, it was 2 boxes: both boxes had 2 Super Rods; for both Exp. Share and First Ticket, I got 1 in one box and 2 in the other box. So 5 trainers in one box does match both my pulls.

I wonder why the trainers were so rare in this set? It seems to me like trainers in the Japanese BW sets have been kind of rare to begin with, but I figured that was because of their 5 pack card distribution and how R/U cards work now. This set supposedly has no C/U/R differentiation, and yet I ended up with fewer of each of the trainers than all of the cards that I would have thought might be the "rarest."

RE: TCG Discussion- Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

Sounds pretty typical of what I'd get. I'd get 1 Trainer/Item/Stadium/Supporter about once every 2 to 3 packs unless it's common like Switch or Potion, in which case I only NOT get one in every 2 to 3 packs. I dread to think about what would happen if I got those Dragon Selections packs. First Ticket is going to be hot stuff, isn't it?

Anyway, what's a toploader? I've kept my cards in large stacks, and even after years, some of them are still pretty bent, even with like 8 inches of cards stacked upon them.

Toploaders are hard, clear plastic card protectors with a slit on the top. They're usually 3"x4", large enough to fit a card in a sleeve and then some. They're useful for flattening cards and also to protect them while in storage or mailing.

Ah, I see. I have a few of those. Thanks for the explanation. I was always wondering what they were called. Maybe I'll keep a few in there and point them in opposite directions of curling and see what they're like after a week or so. (I currently have a Max Revive in one of them as it's pretty weird.)

Yesterday, I discovered an unsleeved stack of cards from the Black/White prerelease--the Samurott, under about 3 centimeters of cards and never saw the light of day for 11 months--is still really curled up. I'll definitely try the toploaders.

Is non-1st edition shadowless yellow-cheeck Pikachu rare/worth anything?

Nope--its the red-cheeked Pikachu that's the error card and is thus worth more.

Does anyone know what happened to this? Apparently the full art cards were going to get special etching, but it doesn't seem to be any special from how I look at it. Can anyone with both Japanese and localised FAs confirm this?

They do, the background effects are now a lot closer to the originals, but the actual foil it's printed on is the same as the first three sets, so the English ones miss out on the Pokemon 'glowing' effect that started with HB/PD.

The card normally
At the right angel

Furn said:
They do, the background effects are now a lot closer to the originals, but the actual foil it's printed on is the same as the first three sets, so the English ones miss out on the Pokemon 'glowing' effect that started with HB/PD.

The card normally
At the right angel

So in other words, the FA is still of lower quality relative to the Japanese FA, but substantially better? Or is there no basis of comparison here (the effects are different)?

sendoh said:
So in other words, the FA is still of lower quality relative to the Japanese FA, but substantially better?

Yeah, this.

The same goes for the shinies as well compared to BW and NV's secrets, although I believe at least one of them uses the wrong etching in the image, but I can't find where I saw/heard that (And then there's Zoroark having the stage two layout in English for who knows what reason)

On my Kyurem EX, the English foil is coarser.

Hi, I just heard about a new deck, but didn't know what it was. I think it was called something like "The White Truth". I was wondering what this deck was because the guy I heard it from made it seem like a big deal. Anyone who knows please let me know via post or pm.

Back