TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

RE: TCG Discussion

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
Is Victory Medal still legal? I think it is but I'm not entirely sure.

Yes.

Futachimaru said:
I still have my doubts for Kyogre and Groudon. Look at Lucario's set number (64/99) and Beheeyem's set number (62/99). Considering how the Pokemon are numbered now, by National Dex number and by type, that means Groudon's set number must be before Lucario's, but after Beheeyem's. However, Riolu must also be before Lucario, means that it takes #63/99, and thus leaving no room for Groudon. Without Groudon, I doubt we're getting Kyogre.

If they are in National Dex order, Lucario should be before Beheeyem's.

Glaceon, keep in mind they are also organized primarily by type. They are then organized secondarily by Nat. Dex # after the type.

I'm with Futa on this. I doubt we'll get Groudon and Kyogre at this point, but I suppose that we can only wait for Next Destinies to be released.

The Yoshi said:
Glaceon, keep in mind they are also organized primarily by type. They are then organized secondarily by Nat. Dex # after the type.

I'm with Futa on this. I doubt we'll get Groudon and Kyogre at this point, but I suppose that we can only wait for Next Destinies to be released.

Beheeymin is a {P} type?... that just prove how little I know about BW Pokémon.

Never mind :p.

Am I the only one who thinks that PlusPower will have alot more potential come the EXs? Think about it; most EXs can't be 1HKO'ed or can't get enough damage on them to turn the battle around, so I think PlusPower will become more relevent to alot of decks.

Does anyone know if Level Ball is coming out in Next Destinies along with Mewtwo EX or is it coming out in the next set with Groudon EX?

ThirdEye said:
Does anyone know if Level Ball is coming out in Next Destinies along with Mewtwo EX or is it coming out in the next set with Groudon EX?

Level Ball has not yet been confirmed to be in Next Destinies, so only time will tell.

Zorua said:
There are no full arts for Reshiram and Zekrom, and I doubt we'd get exclusive FA's without Japan getting them.

http://pokebeach.com/2012/01/full-art-reshiram-ex-zekrom-ex-next-destinies-luxio-promo

Always a first for everything =]

THe ONe PG 16 said:
http://pokebeach.com/2012/01/full-art-reshiram-ex-zekrom-ex-next-destinies-luxio-promo

Always a first for everything =]

Haha, yup, I saw the news and was like, "I stand corrected". Its actually pretty cool though that we get something as big as 2 FA's before Japan, because we rarely get much before Japan, let alone FA's. Zekrom's art is so amazing <3

Those are in Japanese though, I should point out. Does not mean that we won't see them. I think the FA's will be moved to the back of the set as cards 94 to 99 or become secret rares like 100/99 for example.

Hey, has anybody else thought of the resurrection of the Delta Species? Sure, they were more diffivult in gameplay, but, now that TPCI has had more experience in the TCG, they could totally pull it off.

It depends on whether they run of gimmicks to make sets around before the next games, and they've still got gym leader and Plasma to use yet. (And if/when they make R/S remakes, I really would like a gym leader set for them as we never got one the original time around)

Going off of the post directly above me, wouldn't it be funny if they combined every single gimmick they've used into one series? Just think: Dark Shining Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua's ______ GCFB Delta Species EX Lv. X Prime *. They'd need a Jumbo Card just to fit the name! Also I believe I am missing a few gimmicks, just feel free to add them in. :)

Oh, you are missing a lot. They'd need so much text space just for everything it could be... LEGEND, Light, Crystal, every single owner ever (that's somewhere near 100, I think?), and SP are just a few of the types you're missing.

That would be incredibly hard to manage; I don't think they'd ever even consider doing anything like that... I don't think many 'gimmicks' at all have ever been mixed (maybe stuff with Delta species, ex, or owner's Pokémon, and of course LV.X+SP, but I don't think there's anything else that's been mixed).

I miss when the e-reader cards were playable. Cards with three purposes: collect, play, and play video games. Though I know it will never happen again, because the e-reader didn't skyrocket that well, but what if they did something with the 3DS? Like also make them AR cards. It would either expand the 3D Pokedex to include all 600+ pokemon, or the cards would kind of come to life and you can battle in 3D? Ok so the later one has too many issues, with both sides having to have a 3DS, but it would still be pretty cool. ;w; Lol almost like Yugioh.

New guidelines for posts in this thread, please read them.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-tcg-discussion-new-guidelines-for-appropriate-topics-please-read-before-posting?pid=2027794#pid2027794

RE: TCG Discussion (New Guidelines for Appropriate Topics - Please Read Before Posting)

Are Prime Challenge boxes available in regular retail stores at all, or only online? I haven't seen them in any stores anywhere, though they've been for sale on websites for a while now.

RE: TCG Discussion (New Guidelines for Appropriate Topics - Please Read Before Posting)

Artemis said:
Are Prime Challenge boxes available in regular retail stores at all, or only online? I haven't seen them in any stores anywhere, though they've been for sale on websites for a while now.

Check TRU. I found Umbreon and Yanmega there. Including shipping it is cheaper on line. TRU charge $24.95 if I remember right.

I've checked my local TRU a couple times, though not in the past 2 weeks or so. They actually have a pretty small selection (a single 4' endcap that also has some YGO on it) compared to what they used to (a 4' square display with 3/4 sides Pokémon). If it's still cheaper online, though, I might just have to go that route.

Mameshiba said:
I miss when the e-reader cards were playable. Cards with three purposes: collect, play, and play video games. Though I know it will never happen again, because the e-reader didn't skyrocket that well, but what if they did something with the 3DS? Like also make them AR cards. It would either expand the 3D Pokedex to include all 600+ pokemon, or the cards would kind of come to life and you can battle in 3D? Ok so the later one has too many issues, with both sides having to have a 3DS, but it would still be pretty cool. ;w; Lol almost like Yugioh.

Unless I'm wrong in how I'm amusing it works - All the AR data is stored in the actual program itself, not the card which just tells it which one to display.

So it wouldn't be as easy as simply swiping the data-strip to get a new mini game, they'd have to constantly release new programs for say each expansion, which I don't see happening; And with the way the Japanese sets never seem to make it into English into one of our sets at one time these days, it could get quite messy.

It's a shame because I do like the idea.

It is definitely possible; if it's small enough, they could make the programs free 3DSWare like with Pokédex 3D.

The only eReader game I could play was Jumping Doduo. I bought an eReader used so I didn't get the Machop mini-game.

Back