TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [CAREER MODE Live]

-It doesn’t ban the best cards but it promotes you make decks with little of those, which is good cause we can play more decks and begginers also have more chances to win.
No. The main thing about this tcg is that the entire thing is built upon a system of checks and balances. All this entire system would do is create a bigger gap between new and old players. Newer players will be forced to run gimped decks in order to get points faster, while people sitting on top who don't need the points will steamroll them faster.

The problem is that you're trying to hold new players' hands by weakening stronger players. I'll tell you a secret about the game: As long as the draw engine is easily obtainable, it's not difficult to hard counter top decks with fairly cheap cards. Hell, for a while Webstur was running an anti-Haymaker deck out of junk commons.
HOW IN THE WORLD IS DARK ALAKAZAM GOOD?!?!?!??!
1. Set up Dark Vileplume
2. Get any random baby on the bench, preferably with focus band
3. Use teleport blast to damage your opponent and send in the baby
4. When your turn comes, retreat the baby for free and repeat.

There's almost no way to actually kill the Dark Alakazam, short of sniping it or managing to run him out of babies. It was a fairly popular deck during the neo era. There are also a few other Pokemon who can be used in place of babies (lily pad mew, Erika's Dratini, Fossil Haunter, Mr. Mime), but a lot of them require you to set up Dodrio to work.

Tash said:
-It doesn’t ban the best cards but it promotes you make decks with little of those, which is good cause we can play more decks and begginers also have more chances to win.
No. The main thing about this tcg is that the entire thing is built upon a system of checks and balances. All this entire system would do is create a bigger gap between new and old players. Newer players will be forced to run gimped decks in order to get points faster, while people sitting on top who don't need the points will steamroll them faster.

The problem is that you're trying to hold new players' hands by weakening stronger players. I'll tell you a secret about the game: As long as the draw engine is easily obtainable, it's not difficult to hard counter top decks with fairly cheap cards. Hell, for a while Webstur was running an anti-Haymaker deck out of junk commons.
HOW IN THE WORLD IS DARK ALAKAZAM GOOD?!?!?!??!
1. Set up Dark Vileplume
2. Get any random baby on the bench, preferably with focus band
3. Use teleport blast to damage your opponent and send in the baby
4. When your turn comes, retreat the baby for free and repeat.

There's almost no way to actually kill the Dark Alakazam, short of sniping it or managing to run him out of babies. It was a fairly popular deck during the neo era. There are also a few other Pokemon who can be used in place of babies (lily pad mew, Erika's Dratini, Fossil Haunter, Mr. Mime), but a lot of them require you to set up Dodrio to work.

Dark Muk's Sticky Goo makes the retreat cost +2 and it works well with Dark Vileplume / Gloom

Tash said:

They will be forced to run gimped decks? xD they are running gimped decks right now.
Moreover, first you say that they will run cheap decks and will get steamrolled fast, and then you say that with a cheap deck they can beat top decks. That doesnt make sense.

Psiqueatog said:
They will be forced to run gimped decks? xD they are running gimped decks right now.
Moreover, first you say that they will run cheap decks and will get steamrolled fast, and then you say that with a cheap deck they can beat top decks. That doesnt make sense.
Their decks are only weak right now because of lack of draw support.

And the second point is the problem. There is a means for weaker players to hold their own against stronger decks, assuming the draw engine is common enough for people to get. Players who play long enough to obtain a large number of cards, but still need points, are forced to either continue playing from the small pool of anti-meta commons or play with reduced rewards. The point system will only narrow the number of played decks further.

It stems from the fact that in order for a system like this to work properly, it would require someone to know how ALL of the cards play. For instance, Fossil Gastly is one of the most broken utility Pokemon in the meta, but most people would take one look at it and go "well, it's just Gastly. 1 point."

Tash said:

And the second point is the problem. There is a means for weaker players to hold their own against stronger decks, assuming the draw engine is common enough for people to get. Players who play long enough to obtain a large number of cards, but still need points, are forced to either continue playing from the small pool of anti-meta commons or play with reduced rewards. The point system will only narrow the number of played decks further.

It stems from the fact that in order for a system like this to work properly, it would require someone to know how ALL of the cards play. For instance, Fossil Gastly is one of the most broken utility Pokemon in the meta, but most people would take one look at it and go "well, it's just Gastly. 1 point."
Well you know many strategies and you can make a very good still cheap deck that will be able to get AS MANY (not more than) bits as the best decks, that is okay. It rewards your skill deckbuilding, and it gives you freedom to choose between using that worse deck you have built that gets more bits per victory or the best decks that gets more victories. It is fair.

Tash said:

I dont think so. Today i have beaten 4 in a row to ggeecc with different decks. I felt bad cause i fast knocked his pokemon and got 200 bits and he just got 50. He also had 4oaks, 4bills, 1 computer search, 2 removals. But i have breeders, traders, lass, wigglituffs, magmars, more removals... many of the best cards.

He likes to play nidokings and thats alright. He doesnt mean to beat everybody, but i think it is fair he gets a reward better than 10 or 15/ match. Bearing the defeat is enough pain xD

Psiqueatog said:
Tash said:

Well you know many strategies and you can make a very good still cheap deck that will be able to get AS MANY (not more than) bits as the best decks, that is okay. It rewards your skill deckbuilding, and it gives you freedom to choose between using that worse deck you have built that gets more bits per victory or the best decks that gets more victories. It is fair.

Tash said:

I dont think so. Today i have beaten 4 in a row to ggeecc with different decks. I felt bad cause i fast knocked his pokemon and got 200 bits and he just got 50. He also had 4oaks, 4bills, 1 computer search, 2 removals. But i have breeders, traders, lass, wigglituffs, magmars, more removals... many of the best cards.

He likes to play nidokings and thats alright. He doesnt mean to beat everybody, but i think it is fair he gets a reward better than 10 or 15/ match. Bearing the defeat is enough pain xD

How many Wigglytuff are needed to build the deck? I only have 2

For the reward bits per game you could do

+10 Participation
+5 for each Prize
+10 for Winning
+10 after x amount of turns
+10 for DeckOut

Edit: I now have 3 Wigglytuff

JUNGLE SALE!!! I AM SELLING ALL JUNGLE CARDS FOR A CHEAP PRICE UNTIL NEW YEAR'S EVE.

COMMONS / UNCOMMONS - 10 BITS
NON - HOLO RARES - 40 BITS
HOLO RARES - 75 BITS

(With Exceptions Like Tauros, etc)

TheAnticipationEevee said:
The cookie cutter Wigglytuff deck runs 3-3, along with hitmonchan and scyther. (although I found that Fossil Gastly works a lot better than Scyther, due to his ability to get 2 dce out of the discard in one turn)

Tash said:
TheAnticipationEevee said:
The cookie cutter Wigglytuff deck runs 3-3, along with hitmonchan and scyther. (although I found that Fossil Gastly works a lot better than Scyther, due to his ability to get 2 dce out of the discard in one turn)

If only there was a way to get Psychic Energy cheap for people who got the Revenge deck....

Wanna just completely ruin my day? Run Gambler and don't use any of your cards.

I'm not even angry, I'm just sad...

One hundred twenty-five turns...

"Hello Admin, I like to inform you that there are some really annoying people that gets in the way of deals in with the market. Perhaps you could implement Private Chat or Private Trade? Thanks!"

Copied right out of the chat btw

Another Edit: It's only because of Dharma

Verbatim said:
Wanna just completely ruin my day? Run Gambler and don't use any of your cards.

I'm not even angry, I'm just sad...

One hundred twenty-five turns...
Did you ever consider teching a 1-1 Dark Vileplume line and some Breeder? It'll probably help a lot against shuffle trainers.

Update: Gym Series (Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge) are now available to play. Note that I've programmed these 2 expansions with a different system so there may be many bugs. Because of that, they will be first available in quickplay mode, then after a short beta period, they'll be available in career mode in form of new booster packs and decks. Please be patient and supportive with this bug fixing phase.

I've also implemented a random deck creator that anyone can enjoy, which randomly builds a deck with given set of expansions and types. It makes it easy to play new expansions with no experience.

Base set booster packs are now restocked and available to purchase.

Some bug fixes, including some of the internal server errors, plus Eevee (Tail Wag), and Base Set Electrode's Power.

Next: Gym series in career mode. Deck difference reward system. Quests and Achievements. Game rule differentiation system. Neo series.

I got all the cards. What do I win?

BUG REPORT:
-Koga's Ninja Trick doesn't work

-A weird error with Max revive. Using it brought up as "conditions not met" message. Afterward, other trainers had the same error. Needs more testing to determine the reason

-http://imgur.com/M1aHAxJ

-Similar to the Dark Primape thing, Brock's Graveller's detonate destroys the stadium before doing damage, so the resistance ignore effect isn't added from Pewter Gym

-Pokemon Breeder gets around Aerodactyl when it shouldn't. Pokemon Breeder has a line that states it doesn't work on Pokemon who are unable to evolve that turn, while Rare Candy doesn't, so there's a ruling difference despite them doing the same thing.

Brock's Primape disappears from the game instead of going back into the deck

All damage reduction is broken (Scrunch, defense curl, ect)

Brock's Dugtrio's Earthdrill is impossible to use

Brock's Rhydon's messages list a variable instead of the name of the Pokemon when asking if you want to reduce damage to it

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [Gym Series Live]

@Tash: I've just released v10.20, they should be fixed by now except Pokemon Breeder and the one with screenshot.

A scroll bar in the transactions window would be nice.

I heard you were implementing a reward system to people who "don't use the best cards".

This sounds like a pretty good idea, since most of the really strong cards are in expensive theme decks in the store.

Oh. and Squrtle BS's Withdraw glitched. It didn't work even when my opponent flipped Heads for some reason.

PumpedAaron said:
I heard you were implementing a reward system to people who "don't use the best cards".

This sounds like a pretty good idea, since most of the really strong cards are in expensive theme decks in the store.

Oh. and Squrtle BS's Withdraw glitched. It didn't work even when my opponent flipped Heads for some reason.

There's only one good theme deck in the store really expensive; Blackout the best theme deck in the store. Unless Psych Out is added, it'll be the only really good theme deck. Zap! is ok considering it has Comp Search

Admin raise the price of LockDown to 525 and lower the price of BodyGuard to 550

Here are some Achievement Ideas:

THAT STINKIN OLD FISH - Have 50 Magikarp Cards (Base Set) in your Collection
A HAPPY COUPLE - Have 4 Nidoqueen and 4 Nidoking Cards in your Collection
JUS' KEEP ON DIGGIN - Receive 10,000 Bits in your Career
GOLD MINE - Receive 50,000 Bits in your Career
THAT'S A LOT - Spend 10,000 Bits in your Career
SPENDING TREASURE - Spend 50,000 Bits in your Career
I SEE A JUNGLE - Complete the Jungle Expansion
OHHHH SHINY - Complete the Base Set Expansion
DIG SOME FOSSILS - Complete the Fossil Expansion
VILLAINS AWAIT - Complete the Team Rocket Expansion
BADGES, BADGES - Complete the Gym Heroes Expansion
DON'T YOU LOVE THOSE BADGES - Complete the Gym Challenge Expansion

I've prepared a public card list that everyone can view and edit. It'll be used for card statuses, drop rates, power values, and pretended rarities. Its available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9jeuecqayHdGFhbnZZYl9tcXNRTmU3TEpDTU5ZNnc&usp=sharing
(BTW, you can use View>List to get a nice filtering view)

@Eevee: You may make drop rate changes to this document.
@Psiquetog: There's also a power value column for your algorithm, you can make changes.
@Tash: Pretended rarity is the column which is used for booster pack generation, please make your changes for bad gym rares. Also, it'd be nice to set tested cards in gym series to OK.

Please click Share button on top-right and enter your email address there for edit access. Anyone is welcome to do so, but please use the comment feature on specific cells to justify your change. For example, if you think a card has a bug, set its status to BUG and comment on that cell (right click>insert comment) so that it's justified.

Back