TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon tcg simulator [Gym Series Live]

@Axpendix sent message and I can't get into TCG One now for some reason

Kakuna (BS) has a bug in which if you flip heads it doesn't prevent Damage.

Scoop Up isn't good so I don't get why it's extra, it should be standard.
Lass should be Super because it's really good.
According to Tash, Dark Alakazam will be good so change it to Ultra (Holo) and Upper (Rare)

axpendix said:
@Tash: Pretended rarity is the column which is used for booster pack generation, please make your changes for bad gym rares. Also, it'd be nice to set tested cards in gym series to OK.

It will be confusing for many players if they see 2 Rares Per Pack.

Also at least make the Google Doc, Anyone with link can comment therefore anyone can leave suggestions

TheAnticipationEevee said:

According to Tash, Dark Alakazam will be good so change it to Ultra (Holo) and Upper (Rare)

axpendix said:
@Tash: Pretended rarity is the column which is used for booster pack generation, please make your changes for bad gym rares. Also, it'd be nice to set tested cards in gym series to OK.

Also at least make the Google Doc, Anyone with link can comment therefore anyone can leave suggestions

The defense bug is universal to all Pokemon with similar moves, like Kakuna, Chansey and Wartortle. I don't think it needs to be noted for each Pokemon affected.

Anyhow, if anyone's confused by the fact that Goldeen isn't in the rare slot, they can just ask someone. It's a small price to pay for not paying 100 bits for that as your rare.

But regard Dark Alakazam, it boils down to the Base-Rocket Rares' rarities being determined by how they'd perform in Base-Rocket, without regard to how they'd perform in later formats (looking at you, Dark Vileplume). I've been trying to read up on any documentation from the Gym era as I can, to try to get an idea of what kind of decks were popular in Base-Gym, since it's really not a well documented format (unlike Rocket-on). Gym only, on the other hand, isn't a format that anyone in their right mind would play, so it's nearly impossible to predict what kind of cards would be most sought-after in it (I foresee a lot of anything with a lot of built-in draw/search support due to how few Trainers there are. Koga's Kakuna is gonna be the biggest offender)

Tash said:

The defense bug is universal to all Pokemon with similar moves, like Kakuna, Chansey and Wartortle. I don't think it needs to be noted for each Pokemon affected.

Anyhow, if anyone's confused by the fact that Goldeen isn't in the rare slot, they can just ask someone. It's a small price to pay for not paying 100 bits for that as your rare.

But regard Dark Alakazam, it boils down to the Base-Rocket Rares' rarities being determined by how they'd perform in Base-Rocket, without regard to how they'd perform in later formats (looking at you, Dark Vileplume). I've been trying to read up on any documentation from the Gym era as I can, to try to get an idea of what kind of decks were popular in Base-Gym, since it's really not a well documented format (unlike Rocket-on). Gym only, on the other hand, isn't a format that anyone in their right mind would play, so it's nearly impossible to predict what kind of cards would be most sought-after in it (I foresee a lot of anything with a lot of built-in draw/search support due to how few Trainers there are. Koga's Kakuna is gonna be the biggest offender)

Can you make tweaks on the page now? If you can add me so I can make tweaks. (As admin said I could)

Can you make tweaks on the page now? If you can add me so I can make tweaks. (As admin said I could)
Nope. My e-mail address wasn't verified.

Anyhow, are you sure there's no way to get Brock's Protection implemented before career mode gym release? That card is kind of a big deal.

Anyhow, are you sure there's no way to get Brock's Protection implemented before career mode gym release? That card is kind of a big deal.
Those cards cannot be implemented unless I do some massive codebase change which I find irrelevant for such a small set of cards. They'll be considered while I evolve the simulator with forward expansions. What do you think about including them in booster packs (they'll not be usable but it'd be possible to complete those expansions) ?
Another shame, I'll fix those damage manipulation bugs ASAP.
It should already work that way?

I always make my Google Docs that I share to web anyone can comment, because they can't EDIT which won't screw the thing and they also can leave some feedback. The comments can be deleted, or you can make a suggestions page. (AKA RIGHT HERE)

If you don't want to add cards like Ditto (FO) then make the set to complete is 60 cards, not 62, (2 forms of that card). If you decide to add them later, for example Brock's Protection, then just change the achievement to the correct number.

What's the deal with the Neo cards on test?

axpendix said:
Those cards cannot be implemented unless I do some massive codebase change which I find irrelevant for such a small set of cards. They'll be considered while I evolve the simulator with forward expansions. What do you think about including them in booster packs (they'll not be usable but it'd be possible to complete those expansions) ?
Not even a way to fulfill the "immunity to ER and SER" part of the card? That's a shame. The card is single-handedly responsible for some of the most creative decks in the format.

But yeah, I guess unusable cards would fix the problem with sets not being completable right now. (Fossil Ditto)

Tash said:
Not even a way to fulfill the "immunity to ER and SER" part of the card? That's a shame. The card is single-handedly responsible for some of the most creative decks in the format.

But yeah, I guess unusable cards would fix the problem with sets not being completable right now. (Fossil Ditto)

Actually protection from ER and SER could be done right away. I'll do it then.

Would it be a good idea to

- Make a document for achievements and quests
- Document for all the starter decks a person can choose from a series

I've started playing this game recently, and I support Psiqueatog's idea for awarding more points to players with less powerful cards. It'd certainly help me build up my deck.

Saiga said:
I've started playing this game recently, and I support Psiqueatog's idea for awarding more points to players with less powerful cards. It'd certainly help me build up my deck.

People can farm that way, for example using Machop instead of Hitmonchan

Saiga said:

That's one of my primary issues with it. It will either punish players who have worked hard to earn their cards or give point farmers a faster way to farm. (bear in mind that the guy who came up with the system is infamous for farming thousands upon thousands of points, then using them to throw the market out of whack)

Tash said:
That's one of my primary issues with it. It will either punish players who have worked hard to earn their cards or give point farmers a faster way to farm. (bear in mind that the guy who came up with the system is infamous for farming thousands upon thousands of points, then using them to throw the market out of whack)

so true Tash but for beginners they have to have someway to get bits rather than get 10 Bits for every game.

Rhyhorn's leer is bugged. It worked with tails. I believe once it gets heads it lasts forever.

Regarding those coments about my system... My system doesnt give more bits than normal.

Psiqueatog said:
Rhyhorn's leer is bugged. It worked with tails. I believe once it gets heads it lasts forever.

Regarding those coments about my system... My system doesnt give more bits than normal.
No, but it does eliminate the need for farmers to send their brother's bits back to their main account. On top of that, a player intentionally using a ridiculously low-powered deck could abuse the averaging system and get points faster by losing multiple games in a row to random players in the time it would take to win one game.

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon TCG simulator [Gym Series Live]

Me and Tash discussed this today:

Beginners should get a BONUS for every battle until he or she gets 5000 EXP.
In addition, they can only buy items from the STORE and any cards received during this time is un tradable.
In order to unlock the Market, a beginner must exceed 5000 EXP and must have less than 100 bits at that time.
Any cards received after unlocking the market can be traded.

I've released Gym Series for Career Mode just now.
- It doesnt need unlocking a format or paying bits.
- Every card is usable for a career battle right now, I'll put a format selector to the left of 'play career game' button soon.
- I've changed some drop rates at the sheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9jeuecqayHdGFhbnZZYl9tcXNRTmU3TEpDTU5ZNnc&usp=sharing ) and those are the drop rates for the gym packs at the store right now. Previous packs are not affected yet.
- Brock's Protection is now implemented. N/A cards aren't included in booster packs.
- New scoring system covers a wider range of points, from 5 to 100, also including Psiqueatog's idea to some extent.
What about Gym Series Theme Deck pricing then?

I think there has to be edits to the packs cause I got 4 Blaine's Charmander in 1 pack.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWYTNxZWNZTl9xMTU5UkFrTWRHa0tpaHhHd00w/edit?usp=sharing

Blaine's Growlithe is really common too..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWRkstTHlXbTVpQXJHS0t1Zkh5X3d6RmVYUERn/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWRXNXNmlPZW5GcTFqR01rZmZIdXJ2a1BBME5N/edit?usp=sharing

I think there has to be edits to the packs cause I got 4 Blaine's Charmander in 1 pack.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWYTNxZWNZTl9xMTU5UkFrTWRHa0tpaHhHd00w/edit?usp=sharing

Blaine's Growlithe is really common too..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWRkstTHlXbTVpQXJHS0t1Zkh5X3d6RmVYUERn/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuT-EJqNkGWRXNXNmlPZW5GcTFqR01rZmZIdXJ2a1BBME5N/edit?usp=sharing

Those 3-5 packs are the result of the other 995-997 packs being unique. Sadly, cards that cannot find unique place in other packs fits into those last packs.

Garbage Point System makes the loser get more points than the winner for a deck out.

Back