TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

RE: TCG ONE - Full Featured Online Pokemon TCG Simulator

Is it May 1 yet? Neo 3 is supposed to come out soon.

v12.17 update adds Neo Revelation booster packs to the store! Also, an in-game disable chat option is now available.

I have also updated Card List (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9jeuecqayHdGFhbnZZYl9tcXNRTmU3TEpDTU5ZNnc&usp=sharing) to reflect latest drop rate changes.
Next: PLF and PLB expansions.

Great news! Now, I'm looking forward to the plan you have for people who surrender ;)

I don't know if this is the good thread for this, but there's an issue with Expedition Clefable.
If you don't have any basic energies in your deck, it lets you shuffle a card from your hand in your deck, but after that you're stuck, as it asks you to choose a basic energy card but you can't. The correct behaviour should be to allow you to quit the deck without choosing a card, even if the wording of Moonlight could imply that this part is mandatory (while it is not).
evilpacman said:
Great news! Now, I'm looking forward to the plan you have for people who surrender ;)

I defend the right to surrender, personally I use it a lot when I get in these games when I have 1 basic 6 evos and 3 dead draws the following turns, while my opponent struggles to kill a poor 50 HP basic because he has a bad hand too.

If I want to have some fun playing this during my free time, I'm going to surrender a lot of those games that are wasting my time.

Question about this (which might have been answered but I did not read the entire thread): Do you have to build up your collection like with PTCGO, or do you have access to all the cards from the start? Either way, playing with old sets sounds amazing, but I am wondering it building up my cards will be as slow as it is in the official game...

You can build any deck you want straight away, or you can play in "Career mode" in which you have to build your collection by playing games and acquiring points to get cards and boosters.

I defend the right to surrender, personally I use it a lot when I get in these games when I have 1 basic 6 evos and 3 dead draws the following turns, while my opponent struggles to kill a poor 50 HP basic because he has a bad hand too.

If I want to have some fun playing this during my free time, I'm going to surrender a lot of those games that are wasting my time.

For this, I propose mutual surrenders. It could go something like this...
Player A is attempting to surrender, prompts Player B to accept or decline. Should Player B accept, no penalty for either players (both players keep the points they have so far accumulated). Should Player B decline, Player A is notified and asked if they would still like to surrender at a cost. Should Player A then surrender, they lose all their points.

In a situation you described, even if they other player wont let you surrender without penalty, you won't be losing many points anyway. If you have to leave somewhere unexpectedly, just talk it out with the person and hopefully they will be okay about it.

Also, if a player surrenders 5 times in a single day, with penalty, they should be banned for 24 hours. I don't care for people who abuse the surrender feature because they are not getting a good hand or whatever. Especially if the other person is setting up well.

I personally feel like this feature could be improved upon and will keep players from getting mad at others. It's not fun to create a game and then have the same player join and then surrender 3 times in a row (which has happened to me).

Is the application down? I haven't been able to sign on in 2 days.

(sorry for the double post, I can't delete my previous post and if I edit it, it won't be marked as a new post)

In the the Hall, each time you buy a card, the order you chose reverts back to the default order.
I missclicked and bought a Mr Fuji for 100 bits while the other cost 1 bit because of that :/

I played Here Comes Team Rocket in a game, then the game was surrendered. The two windows showing the prizes stayed on-screen.

Elekid's Playful Punch ignore Metal Energy damage reducing effect. It shouldn't, the correct ruling is that Metal Energy reduces this damage.

I think Legendary Collection shouldn't be allowed in Rocket-on format. Bill seems clearly OP after some playtest with Gates. Erika + Bill's Teleporter + Lt Surge's Treaty + Misty's Wrath + Trash Exchange is already strong enough.

How long does it normally take to finish sets? As a current competitive player, I'm a lot more interested in finished sets than campaign mode (as I'm sure a lot of other people are too.)

I really love the app, but my current biggest problem with it is the lack of active players online at any given time. I think it has a lot of promise, but I don't think people are going to use this in the longterm if there isn't more of a sustainable "community" around it. As an idea, why don't you get a post made on Pokebeach's front page? This site is insanely popular and would bring the most support to your app if you can convince WPM to promote it. Better yet, a partnership with the largest TCG site would really solidify the app's place in the TCG community, as the connection to Pokebeach would be a clear sign of its merit.

EDIT: Made my thoughts clearer.

Blah said:
How long does it normally take to finish sets? As a current competitive player, I'm a lot more interested in finished sets than campaign mode (as I'm sure a lot of other people are too.)

I really love the app, but my current biggest problem with it is the lack of active players online at any given time. I think it has a lot of promise, but I don't think people are going to use this in the longterm if there isn't more of a sustainable "community" around it. As an idea, why don't you get a post made on Pokebeach's front page? This site is insanely popular and would bring the most support to your app if you can convince WPM to promote it. Better yet, a partnership with the largest TCG site would really solidify the app's place in the TCG community, as the connection to Pokebeach would be a clear sign of its merit.

I haven't really touched TCG One yet because no one's using it but I have to say this is a really good point. I remember when I used to use Redshark all the time because it was the TCG simulator that everyone used (even though looking at it from today's standards, Redshark was pretty bad). Back then it felt like it was a big deal because Pokebeach was hosting it. Like "oh if Pokebeach is talking about it then I better use it too". It was funny because people completely stopped caring about it when it went to Pokegym, like it wasn't special anymore. And then I think it fell into obscurity when PTCGO came out...

But yes, if TCG One was hosted by Pokebeach like Redshark it would be a match made in heaven. I think everyone would start using it then, including me. But it'll probably never happen... it would be too good to be true. XD

I've never used bitcoins in my life and am at a loss about how I'm supposed to make a donation.

Well since someone FINALLY addressed the big elephant in the room...

Blah said:

Blah hit the nail on the head. I think the campaign mode is nice and all, but I don't get why the Modified sets weren't programmed in first. I'm grateful to axpendix for working so hard on this program, but this is a simulator that feels rather empty since it can't even simulate what's tournament-legal. I'm surprised more people haven't pressed this issue. Axpendix, I think in the future you should consult with someone who knows more about the competitive scene to help guide you. I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as a piece of constructive criticism to help improve the program. Love you for all the work you've done!

Scorched Feathers said:
I haven't really touched TCG One yet because no one's using it but I have to say this is a really good point. I remember when I used to use Redshark all the time because it was the TCG simulator that everyone used (even though looking at it from today's standards, Redshark was pretty bad). Back then it felt like it was a big deal because Pokebeach was hosting it. Like "oh if Pokebeach is talking about it then I better use it too". It was funny because people completely stopped caring about it when it went to Pokegym, like it wasn't special anymore. And then I think it fell into obscurity when PTCGO came out...

But yes, if TCG One was hosted by Pokebeach like Redshark it would be a match made in heaven. I think everyone would start using it then, including me. But it'll probably never happen... it would be too good to be true. XD
This. All of this. Everyone would use it if Pokebeach hosted it. Even if this were the perfect program I still think it would need to be hosted at a place like this to keep people excited. I'm sure WPM would make sure the program gets the publicity and support it needs if you wanted it, axpendix. Speaking of which, WPM doesn't even appear to know about this program. I'm rather surprised he hasn't posted here. All the more reason to bring this to his attention ASAP so people can start adopting it.

Keeper of Night said:
This. All of this. Everyone would use it if Pokebeach hosted it. Even if this were the perfect program I still think it would need to be hosted at a place like this to keep people excited. I'm sure WPM would make sure the program gets the publicity and support it needs if you wanted it, axpendix. Speaking of which, WPM doesn't even appear to know about this program. I'm rather surprised he hasn't posted here. All the more reason to bring this to his attention ASAP so people can start adopting it.
WPM's username in the game is "WPM". I've only actually seen him once, though.

Could we please get an option to disable the timer in a game if both parties click a button/accept a request if one player does click a button for it? It would be incredibly useful for me trying to teach my friends the TCG.

(And if we got the option for private/passworded games too, that would be excellent. Maybe for like half the bits or something to discourage farming, if that's a concern. But I would prefer for the timer thing first, if anything.)

What happened here? What happened with updates and the creator of game?

Hello guys, long time no see :)
Below was the message that I've posted on July 31 to FB in case you've missed:
TCG ONE said:
Hey people,
I haven't been able to update the project lately, but I have started working on it again and v13.0 will make 5 latest expansions (PLF, PLB, LTR, XY, FF) available to play with many bug fixes for existing cards.
Stay tight!

I proudly announce that TCG ONE v13.0 is now ready with
  • Black White Promos (BLWP),
  • Plasma Freeze (PLF),
  • Plasma Blast (PLB),
  • Legendary Treasures (LTR),
  • Kalos Starter Set (KSS),
  • XY (XY),
  • Flashfire (FF),
  • NXD-on format,
  • Neo Destiny Booster Packs for Career
  • Quests now reward random prizes, including random holo rares and duplicate promos
  • and lots of fixes/improvements, check out Facebook page for more info

froggy025 said:
I don't know if this is the good thread for this, but there's an issue with Expedition Clefable.
It should be fixed now, thanks for reporting, BTW, it's a lot better to file bug reports using in-game functionality.
froggy025 said:
I've never used bitcoins in my life and am at a loss about how I'm supposed to make a donation.
Hopefully, Paypal option will soon be available, thanks for caring.
Riza said:
Could we please get an option to disable the timer in a game if both parties click a button/accept a request if one player does click a button for it? It would be incredibly useful for me trying to teach my friends the TCG.
Good suggestion, I've added it to backlog

Are BCR & PLS not available? I'm getting pretty excited that the new sets are finally coming out though!!

I like this one, but please fix the login issue. I can't play this if I have to create a new account everytime. I play on a Mac with Chrome and I have this problem all the time. The program is AWESOME and entertaining, except for this problem. PLEASE FIX THIS. An admin on the help section said this was fixed, but it isn't, at least for me. I enjoy this program and I don't like the official TCGO because of all of the lag and download space. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Back