DPPt/HGSS the BAD things about HG/SS

well actually if you dont have the right to own it then I wouldnt say you have the right to play it. just my opinion. And the games are only like 10 dollars used

/me puts this topic back on track (HINT HINT)

Only thing that really disappointed me was the fact that they took out the Game Corner. It wouldn't bother me so much if they still had the same coin exchange system, as that made it much easier to get enough coins for a Pokemon or item.

Other than that, it's just all the vivid colors that make it look cartoony. Yeah, they're better quality and I know Pokemon IS cartoony, but the original GSC games had a more serious feel, you know?

Overall, I love the games and would rate them 9.7/10.

What i dont like is the seemingly low TM selection before the e4. I need a psychic, flying, and fighting move for elite 4, and there are no TMs for those moves.

There is very little to do after finishing Kanto. They took out the VS seeker, so its very hard to train your team. They also took out my favorite replay value activity, chaining, from the games. The Pokelathon is ok, but after finishing everything it gets old. And the Battle Frontier is the same as Platinum... Its so hard to train I'd have to pull pokemon from platinum over to beat the e4 for the 2nd time, let alone red.

However, the visuals and gameplay are phenominal.

My main complaints are the lack of trainer battles and the hassle it is just to re-battle a Gym Leader. I am not a fan of these time based events, and I really don't like having to wait a certain hour of a certain day just to battle the leader again. I know you can just change the DS's time setting, but that grows to be really tiresome. Also, I love battling trainers again, especially when trying to evolve Pokemon and such, but there are literally very few trainers that want to battle, and again, you have to call them at certain times which is a pain. All in all I just despise the PokeGear and all of the time based stuff to the point where HGSS are just disappointing in general. I should be able to have a battle when I want to, so I'll just stick with Platinum, which has the oh so wonderful VS Seeker. I like Platinum's way of doing Gym Leader rematches better anyway.

My only problem that I see is that they have taken out the VS Seeker in the game and that seems to be many other peoples complaints.

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
The pokewalker, it is nice for catching pokemon, but not for leveling up (1,000 steps = to about 1 level)
lol I didnt even realize that it leveled pokes up. My togepi has been in there for like 2 weeks.

I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that there isn't a VS Seeker. I relied on that A LOT to train my Pokemon. I had to end up trading my Pokemon from HG with my Pearl team to train them. :p

And the fact that you can't trade Pokedollars for coins kinda stinks too. :S

You get 1 exp per step on the pokewalker, and you stop gaining exp when you level up.

If you have a list of times people will rematch you, finding a battle is not that difficult.

PMJ said:
You get 1 exp per step on the pokewalker, and you stop gaining exp when you level up.

If you have a list of times people will rematch you, finding a battle is not that difficult.
so in other words you can only level up a pokemon once during a walk?
yeah, I found a list and I just check it daily to see who I can battle

Meh the music and battle frontier in HG/SS is garbage, the Emerald Battle Frontier blows the current one out of the water and the G/S remixes in LG/FR sound beautiful compared to the crap quality of HG/SS.

safariblade: That is correct.

Pokémaniac said:
I'd just like to say, Voltorb Flip is amazing.

Finally! Someone who appreciates it! I like it too.

Although, I do dislike the new bag, and box system. The box system is terrible, and the bag, well, it's not that bad, but I like the old one better.

(Oh yeah, and the overworld of Porygon is bad, too, IMO.)

Porygon-X said:
Finally! Someone who appreciates it! I like it too.

Although, I do dislike the new bag, and box system. The box system is terrible, and the bag, well, it's not that bad, but I like the old one better.

(Oh yeah, and the overworld of Porygon is bad, too, IMO.)

Yeah some of the overworlds are terrible I'm still adjusting to Onix being the same height as the player O.O. :D

Yeah, the scale of the overworld sprites is pretty messed up with some pokemon. No VS Seeker is kindof, unfun, though other than that I see no issues. I loved the new bag... Even if my touch screen doesn't work anyway.

safariblade said:
lol then you cant do the pokeathelon

That's certainly not a bad thing lololol. Personally, I hate minigames, but I don't consider it a fault of the game.

dmaster out.

Back