DPPt/HGSS the BAD things about HG/SS

The training. All of the trainers had super low level pokemon, and that made it hard to train. The challenge of battle was never a challenge.

Voltorb Flip is soooo frustrating but so addicting at the same time. Why Nintendo, WHY!?

Also, TMs in the Game Corner are ridiculously overpriced compared to the Pokemon(though this has always been an issue since like Red and Green).

Another problem I have is the fact that the Battle Frontier is identical to Platinum's. I realize this was to keep compatibility with Platinum's, but we could've at least had different Frontier Brains.

Also, some of the GB Player songs are off. I know they're made from scratch and not directly ripped from G/S, but when I play the game with them on, it makes my ears bleed when I hear the Johto Wild Battle theme. Ugh...the intro to it...

If there is no VS Seeker you could always transfer to Platinum then EV train and transfer back. I think that is why they left it out. If your Pokemon did not walk with you you would not be able to get the items that are on the ground. Before you could only use 6 Pokemon with the ability Pickup so they eliminated that and made it so your Pokemon would follow you and pick up items along the way. Which is good because Max Revives can't be bought in any Shop yet. I wish they would put those for sale for 3,000 a piece. That would make things soooo much easier.:)

I am disapointed with the levels, so low leveled! :( Voltorb flip is fustrating and both regions are so easy to complete, i mean i finished the whole game in about 90 hours that is just about 4 days of playing.

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
The elite four is hard, I had to go through 6 times so far on it!

So yeah, the level thing is another issue.

What are you talking about? they are like levels 42-50. THAT IS PITIFUL!!!
I beat them with a team of 4 with no extra training.

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
The elite four is hard, I had to go through 6 times so far on it!

So yeah, the level thing is another issue.

I got through it in 1 TURN!! It was a true miracle.....4 Dragonite(Lance's), 1 Feraligatr(Me) ICE FANG!!!!(on all four)*sarcasm*awwwwwww I'm sorry Lance*sarcasm ends*HAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE LANCE I BEAT YOU!! All my other pokemon were fainted EXCEPT Feraligatr. o_O
P.S. DONT SAY I'M CRAZY BCUZ I LIKE USING CAPITAL LETTERS BCUZ I ALREADY KNOW I AM lol

I'm very disappointed in the following pokemon. Wailord can't float producers...

I think they left it that way because in PMD 2 Wailord was still floating.

Legendary catch rates are outrageous o_o takes me two tries on all of them, in DP/R/S/E it doesn't take two tries to catch one :/

Tyrant Tyranitar said:
Legendary catch rates are outrageous o_o takes me two tries on all of them, in DP/R/S/E it doesn't take two tries to catch one :/

I caught my lugia on the first try with a pokeball.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the games. The levels for the pokemon are EXACTLY THE SAME as they were in g/s/c. If your Pokémon are weak, that is because you did not battle everyone. The game corner game I think is really fun. Its challenging and isn't about chance, its a mind game. So far, I have made it to level 10 on the voltorb flip without losing. The only problem with the game, was that it took out a small patch of grass near the entrance to goldenrod. I know this sounds stupid, but that was where I would catch either abra or ditto.

I caught Groudon in one turn with an Ultra Ball(awesome!!!!):D

Please stay on-topic. This thread is for discussing bad things about HeartGold and SoulSilver. Thanks. ~Xous

Dustin said:
I caught Groudon in one turn with an Ultra Ball(awesome!!!!):D
How's that a bad thing for HGSS?

The only thing I have found bad is the VS. Seeker that is pretty much all.

No chaining. I miss it. I would have liked higher-leveled Pokemon since battling level 40-odds for exp to evolve Pokemon took a long time. Other than that... not too bad of a game.

Back