DPPt/HGSS the BAD things about HG/SS

- The game is way too easy, just like the originals.
- You can't buy coins in the Game Corner.
- The following Pokémon can't be turned off.
- How difficult it is to obtain evolution stones before Elite Four.

I also dislike how Tangrowth, Mismagius, and Ambipom (various others who received 4rth gen evos) were accessible for evolution only after the E4 was beaten.

I dislike the fact that you cannot turn off the pokemon following you too. :/ I think it gets rather annoying when you have an Onix following you! (Well, at least I do) This may sound a bit weird to some people, but I hate it when larger Pokemon follow me as opposed to smaller pokemon, and they turn out to be the same size. For example, when a Vaporeon follows you, it's the same size as when an Onix follows you!

Lack of ribbons. Like the only one i got from the game i didn't even have before was the one from Red. I beat the Pokemon league 35 times Lance, give me a ribbon >:/

Well, when I get SoulSilver (in a few hours) I don't think getting bored will be a problem, because compare the size of the areas in SoulSilver with Pearl, so I won't get bored for about a year. (Pearl took 6 months xP)

~SS

They could have added more to do in Kanto. Besides from Johto's fairly low-level leaders and league, that's just about my only complaint. I think Kanto is sort of hard to work with as it is because it is such a compact region, but more sub-plots would have made the game more enjoyable for longer.

I see why lack of Vs. Seeker and lack of chaining would be problems for other players (I don't play competitively and so don't have huge use for the former and am too impatient for the latter). It would have been nice to include those for the people that use them.

I think Voltorb flip is actually pretty fun, but I do wish it had been in addition to slot machines rather than just replacing them.

dasher50 said:
sometimes i get angry with the game because theres NO ACTION REPLAY CHEATS FOR THE POKEWALKER!

But how is that the fault of the game? Some of these complaints don't make any sense... Especially the ROM one. Yeeeesh.

I loved these games very much but so man things are wrong with it.First there is no longer a vs.Seeker which means that I cant train my pokemon to specific levels.Instead of that I have to wait certain days to rebattle trainers on the pokegear.Ever since g/s/c I hope that they wouldn't used the smae way all again.But they did it in emerald/sapphire/ruby/heartgold/soulsilver.Thats why I play LG/FR/D/p/pt more than Heart gold or soul silver.

I loved SoulSilver and There really isn't any flaws except one minor one.
no V.S Seeker,but again like I said that is only a minor flaw and there was not anything else wrong with it,in my opinion.

OK, for the HG/SS flaws... a MAJOR one... there's no VS. Seeker.
Another would be that after you beat the E4, and the Kanto Gym Leaders, there's nothing else to do.
Team Rocket is gone, you have all the HMs, and now all you can do is re-battle the Kanto Gym Leaders over and over. And for me, even setting up a rematch is hard. >.> I can never find them!

We're all saying the same thing: VS. Seeker, VS. Seeker, Levels, VS. Seeker, Voltorb Flip, VS. Seeker, Safari Zone, ROM?
I have all those problems (except for the ROM, I'd NEVER have one of those) but my biggest complaint is the people constantly calling you to say, "My Poliwag is getting bigger, It's almost as big as me! *beep*" or "I saw a wild Rattata yesterday. I was defeated. I should train harder and you should too! *beep*". That's SOOO annoying, especially if you pick up to see if they want to battle! They tell you to train harder on top of that, how do you train harder when there's nobody to train with!?!?
*ahem* The Pokeathlon is fun, sure, but it get's old after a while -_-

Top 3 worst flaws in HeartGold/SoulSilver

#3 Voltorb Flip sucks. You cannot buy coins and that game is a horrible Minesweeper clone that is terrible. You lose a couple of times in later levels, you start at Level 1 all over again. The worst part is that this was the result of the anti-gambling laws in EUROPE. Why do we Americans have to suffer for Europe's laws, it's not fair. Leave it in the European versions. Good thing I have DPPt and PBR for the TM's.

#2 They ****ed up the Vermillion/Cerulean Tunnel. This was the best place to hatch eggs. Just Hold Up/Down until you hear bumps as you hatch yours eggs. It was helpful in R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG for breeding or raising levels. They ruined that by adding cones and some ***hole who wants a RageCandybar for a Explosion TM. Just ****ing great! Now where could I hatch my eggs now? Around Goldenrod where people would get in the way? ****

#1 The Worst Item Ever: GB Sounds. The music in this game was pretty good, why should I hurt my experience by downgrading the music to crap screeches of horribly done music. The music is not even faithful to the tunes in GSC and sound extremely bad. This is the most detrimental item in a pokemon game ever. It's worse than Goldeen in Melee/Brawl, the spell AMUT, the feather from Milon's Secret Castle, and the cloak of Darkness from Wizards & Warriors.

Really? The GB Player isn't that bad, man. In fact, many people rather enjoy the chiptune music, myself included, because of the heavy nostalgia value from them.

Besides, you aren't required to use the item once you get it. In fact.....you aren't even required to get it. The item is completely optional and options are usually not a bad thing! They add to the game experiance.

As for the songs not being faithful, well, they didn't just throw the G/S/C soundtrack in there. They may have changed some things, but for the most part they sound similar enough to the old games and they are usually for the better(with the exception of the Johto Wild Battle theme. gah...they butchered that).

icyFREEZEdragon said:
#2 They ****ed up the Vermillion/Cerulean Tunnel. This was the best place to hatch eggs. Just Hold Up/Down until you hear bumps as you hatch yours eggs. It was helpful in R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG for breeding or raising levels. They ruined that by adding cones and some ***hole who wants a RageCandybar for a Explosion TM. Just ****ing great! Now where could I hatch my eggs now? Around Goldenrod where people would get in the way? ****

On Cycling Road, there is a one-tile road on the tile left of the sign up at the Celadon entrance. There, you hatch eggs (shouldn't it be obvious? o_O).

Oh, and it's easy to level up once you have the Leader's numbers. PMJ said it all.

Can't you EV on wild Pokémon?

There are shard guys in Violet and Fushia who trade berries (including EV) for shards that you can find with Rock Smash and the PokéWalker.

Why do people complain about the Safari Zone? It's the best yet.

Surely you guys have enough real-life friends to get BP in the Trainer House for Move Tutors.

The Voltorb Flip is easy once you get the hang of it. It's like chaining.

I can't think of anything else to rant about.

Sprites. Oh god, what did they do to my Jolteon?!
Some of them are really nice looking but it seems a lot of them are just...bad. Derptastic really.

Also: Leveling is ok. I just grind against the gym leaders and outside Mt.Silver with a Lucky Egg and I do fine.

GUYS, They'r is bad things about HG/SS this was made forever ago give it up how about a thread about what you dislike already about B/W?

- Rotom-Cut

The anti piracy feature, locking out any HGSS ROM played on any flash card, so no HGSS for me...

I'll buy Black or White for real though :D

Back