BW/BW2 The Black 2 & White 2 Launch thread

RE: Black 2 & White 2 Pre-Order Bonus?

It has one. Gamestop is giving 20% off the hardcover strategy guide if you preorder BW2.

Puff said:
It has one. Gamestop is giving 20% off the hardcover strategy guide if you preorder BW2.

Really? That's lame. I want neat, useless trinkets, dammit!

Bolt the Cat said:
Really? That's lame. I want neat, useless trinkets, dammit!

I agree 100% I went out of my way to preorder and that's all I got. I wouldn't buy that anyway!

Puff said:
I agree 100% I went out of my way to preorder and that's all I got. I wouldn't buy that anyway!

Yeah, strategy guides are totally obsolete nowadays, you can get much more detailed and useful advice over the internet for free. Basically the "preorder bonus" is that they're pushing you to buy something completely pointless. American consumerism at its finest.

If you go to Gamestop's website, they don't say anything about a pre-order bonus for Black/White 2. Must be another store. Cause I don't even think Gamestop did a bonus for Black/White

Grizzly said:
If you go to Gamestop's website, they don't say anything about a pre-order bonus for Black/White 2. Must be another store. Cause I don't even think Gamestop did a bonus for Black/White

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the US's preorder bonus. Someone here said it was a strategy guide discount, another person on Serebii said it was a Keldeo poster. Come to think of it, they did show me a Keldeo poster when I talked to them about 3 days ago, but I thought they were referring to the in-game distribution. Maybe it differs by which part of the country you live in?

Bolt the Cat said:
There seems to be a bit of confusion about the US's preorder bonus. Someone here said it was a strategy guide discount, another person on Serebii said it was a Keldeo poster. Come to think of it, they did show me a Keldeo poster when I talked to them about 3 days ago, but I thought they were referring to the in-game distribution. Maybe it differs by which part of the country you live in?

The only 'bonus' on Gamestop's website is the download for Keldeo in Black and White. If they do something, depending on where you live in the country, that could get them in serious trouble because it wouldn't be fair for stores in, say, New York, to have a bonus, while others have no bonus.

Huh. I went to my local Gamestop store and when I asked if there was a bonus after I preordered, that's what they said it was.
I'm in SoCal.

I went into Gamestop today and asked about it and they said it hadn't been announced yet.

According to GameStop's website, the pre-order bonus is the Keldeo download for Black and White. This matches what my store told me, plus when I went to download Keldeo, they handed me a free Keldeo poster.

Aww I didn't get one...

EDIT: Got one!

I didn't get one either but when my friend got his Keldeo he said he just got the poster for free and I'm like: saywut?! who cares anyway just a pony :/

Gamestop hasn't had bonuses for Pokemon games in a looong time. Maybe ever since D/P which was over a generation of games ago. Or it might have been HG/SS which was still a couple years ago...I can't remember exactly.

They always have had a strategy guide bonus if you buy it with the game. That's definitely not new or special. A poster sounds neat but I've heard Gamestop is allowed to give stuff out like special posters before if you ask and they let you. I remember something like that around when B/W came out.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Gamestop hasn't had bonuses for Pokemon games in a looong time. Maybe ever since D/P which was over a generation of games ago. Or it might have been HG/SS which was still a couple years ago...I can't remember exactly.

No, Platinum and HGSS had mini figurines for the respective version mascots with your preorder. And really, that's not so long ago, only 2 years since HGSS.

Target had a really nice artwork book for pre-orders of BW.

I'll preorder one from Target and one from Gamestop since they're in the same parking lot for me. x3

Vast said:
Target had a really nice artwork book for pre-orders of BW.

I'll preorder one from Target and one from Gamestop since they're in the same parking lot for me. x3

Really? I'll have to look into that. This is in the U.S., right?

Back