Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

beebahboo said:
Flashfire 3-pack blisters vs buying individual packs?
The 3-pack in $11.98, single packs are $4.18.
Anyone prefer one or the other? I would think the packs in the 3-pack are in line, as opposed to the single packs being completely random.

I've already got 3 of each coin and holo that the blisters come with, so that isn't really a selling point anymore.

Thoughts?

What do you mean by in line?

Dusty Starr said:
What do you mean by in line?

Essentially they took what would be going into a booster box and put them in the 3-packs instead. This is merely speculation.

To get some items I wanted, I had to buy a bundle of things. In this bundle, there are bunch of weighed packs. What should I do with them?

Familiar said:
To get some items I wanted, I had to buy a bundle of things. In this bundle, there are bunch of weighed packs. What should I do with them?

I would put them up for auction making it explicitly clear the packs are weighed.

Is the 1st edition version of Wild Blaze better to collect? Like do any collectors think there will be a big difference between 1st edition and unlimited as far as the future increase in value? (I guess it's all speculation though)

Just curious if it's worth spending the extra money. I believe I saw a box for $40 on amazon. I'd probably be looking to complete the set. Let me know what you all think. If its cheaper anywhere else or if I should stick with unlimited.

Also I saw that shipping on AmiAmi was 20,000jpy .. is this a typo? lol

richiel1991 said:
Is the 1st edition version of Wild Blaze better to collect? Like do any collectors think there will be a big difference between 1st edition and unlimited as far as the future increase in value? (I guess it's all speculation though)

Just curious if it's worth spending the extra money. I believe I saw a box for $40 on amazon. I'd probably be looking to complete the set. Let me know what you all think. If its cheaper anywhere else or if I should stick with unlimited.

I'm sure 1st edition sets would be worth more. I don't resell and don't intend to, so I couldn't really say.

The insurance on EMS shipping covers up to 20,000 yen. The shipping doesn't cost 20,000 yen.

Boxes from AmiAmi are $25, estimated shipping prices are at the bottom of this page.
My next purchase I'll probably use unregistered small packet. Has anyone else used this shipping method?

richiel1991 said:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-japanese-1ed-vs-unlimited

Shipping from AmiAmi
omahanime said:
Shipping cost on 4 boxes

EMS : 3,840 JPY - $37.29
Air Small Packet : 2,970 JPY - $28.86
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 2,390 JPY - $23.21
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,980 JPY - $19.22
SAL Parcel : 3,735 JPY - $36.25

Oh wow! Thanks for that topic. I searched "1st edition" not "1Ed" thats probably why nothing came up! Thanks for both replies :)

I always use unregistered SAL. Most of my stuff arrives here in 7-10 days, undamaged. Cheap AND fast xD

Riraito said:
I always use unregistered SAL. Most of my stuff arrives here in 7-10 days, undamaged. Cheap AND fast xD

I only use unregistered SAL for cheap items. On 4 boxes the upgrade to registered SAL adds $4 to the cost. Tracking has proved useful to me.

When do the prices of booster boxes start to increase? For example, when will XY Base boxes get more expensive and harder to find?
Just a general/average amount of time.

Walmart has Checklane blisters now

I was just at mine and they had them. Usually i only see them at Target or online on Ebay

Maybe there finally makeing everyone carry the same stuff?

opps sorry forgot to mention they were Flashfire ones

Do any retailers sell booster boxes, and how much do they typically cost?

beebahboo said:
Do any retailers sell booster boxes, and how much do they typically cost?

I have seen at Target or Wal-mart. I think the price was around $144.

I don't know if it's the better place but I don't know where to ask ^^
Can someone translate me the green and blue writtings ?
http://www.toyslogic.com/images/Figure_Anime_Figure_8/TL300808127.jpg
Thank you :)

What packs are in the "Best of Black And White" reissue tins?

Hi,
I was at a store today and saw they reissued some of the B&W era tins. I want to pick up two Darkrai EX tins, and was wondering what packs are in the reissues.

RE: What packs are in the "Best of Black And White" reissue tins?

They're very varied, but in my experience, they usually contain Plasma Storm through XY packs, but it's hard to tell which one are reissued and which ones are the original product. For example, I bought a Victini tin a few months ago and inside were 5 Noble Victories packs. Go figure.

Frost Mage said:
They're very varied, but in my experience, they usually contain Plasma Storm through XY packs, but it's hard to tell which one are reissued and which ones are the original product. For example, I bought a Victini tin a few months ago and inside were 5 Noble Victories packs. Go figure.

That's because the ones that were THEORETICALLY reissued were the ones with Mewtwo-EX, Darkrai-EX, Rayquaza-EX, Black Kyurem-EX and White Kyurem-EX.

Well, I always pick up a pack whenever I eat lunch at Subway (like, once a week) and the "best of" tins showed up within the last week or so.

I bought a White Kyurem re-issue yesterday.

It contained 1 Blast, 1 Legendary Treasures, 1 Storm and 1 Freeze. The older set had two Blast or Storm.

I always looked for the older tins since I'd rather have 2 Blast then a Legendary Treasures but those seem to be sold out now.

Back