The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

From now on, please use the "spoiler" tags if you plan on using big pictures or posting many pictures. Then, just explain what is in the spoiler. This will help the people with slow computers/browsers. The post should look something like this:

Today I just got many cards from a friend. There was a Torterra Lv.X, a Flareon*, and many others.

100-flareon-star.jpg

122-torterra-lv.x.jpg

98-tornadus.jpg

So I've been meaning to post stuff here for a while, haha. Nothing super exciting, but these were some of my card spoils in Japan. I've acquired all SR cards, and the UR from Red Collection since I took these photos, as well as the jelly promo (chucked in scans of the other SR/UR for good measure since I don't have photos <3)

I also got three signed cards which just blew me away with happiness when I got them.

cardalicious1.jpg

cardalicious2.jpg

These two are from the Value Pack sets: Golurk is theatre exclusive, while Klinklang is at 7/11 and Pokemon Centre.

cardalicious3.jpg

Trunk Set promos!! The art for these is gorgeous, and the holo really makes them.

cardalicious4.jpg

Pack promo cards.

cardalicious5.jpg

This is what a full set unsleeved looks like.

cardalicious6.jpg

cardalicious7.jpg

cardalicious8.jpg

cardalicious9.jpg

These are two of the secret rares. I've got the full set of the standard cards but the SR and sole UR cards are proving difficult as it's around 1 SR per 2 boxes, and 1 UR per 5 boxes. I pulled Terrakion in my two boxes, and Victini I got in the packs I bought for the Gothi promo. It's really hard to capture the beauty of a card such as the japanese SR. There are a lot of textures in the foil work, and each card is unique due to the embossment (the pattern is the same but depending on how the foil is handled the effect in the end can sometimes be quite different.)

imo Victini's SR is.. boring. It's just the pack art with the Zekrom SR stock foil pattern but eh, it's still not that bad.

For good measure:
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg

070.jpg
071.jpg
072.jpg

arita3.jpg

To anyone who really knows me well: it should not be surprising that I love Mitsuhiro Arita. So to score cards which have been signed by him is beyond amazing. An amazing present from my partner.

arita01.jpg
arita02.jpg
arita03.jpg

I also pulled a UR Pikachu from BW1, finally, while there outside of Pokecen. I've got some other card things in the works, but I'm almost 100% paid off on my 1999 trophy pika set, so I'm stoked for that.

Wow i must say your a Epically good Collector of the Pokemon TCG :)

Thanks for those pictures, viper.fox. I love the detailed finish on the SRs...I wish they were so detailed as the English cards. What we got is rather disappointing in comparison...

The-Kaiser said:
Epic post there :)
viper.fox said:
So I've been meaning to post stuff here for a while, haha. Nothing super exciting, but these were some of my card spoils in Japan. I've acquired all SR cards, and the UR from Red Collection since I took these photos, as well as the jelly promo (chucked in scans of the other SR/UR for good measure since I don't have photos <3)

I also got three signed cards which just blew me away with happiness when I got them.

cardalicious1.jpg

cardalicious2.jpg

These two are from the Value Pack sets: Golurk is theatre exclusive, while Klinklang is at 7/11 and Pokemon Centre.

cardalicious3.jpg

Trunk Set promos!! The art for these is gorgeous, and the holo really makes them.

cardalicious4.jpg

Pack promo cards.

cardalicious5.jpg

This is what a full set unsleeved looks like.

cardalicious6.jpg

cardalicious7.jpg

cardalicious8.jpg

cardalicious9.jpg

These are two of the secret rares. I've got the full set of the standard cards but the SR and sole UR cards are proving difficult as it's around 1 SR per 2 boxes, and 1 UR per 5 boxes. I pulled Terrakion in my two boxes, and Victini I got in the packs I bought for the Gothi promo. It's really hard to capture the beauty of a card such as the japanese SR. There are a lot of textures in the foil work, and each card is unique due to the embossment (the pattern is the same but depending on how the foil is handled the effect in the end can sometimes be quite different.)

imo Victini's SR is.. boring. It's just the pack art with the Zekrom SR stock foil pattern but eh, it's still not that bad.

For good measure:
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg

070.jpg
071.jpg
072.jpg

arita3.jpg

To anyone who really knows me well: it should not be surprising that I love Mitsuhiro Arita. So to score cards which have been signed by him is beyond amazing. An amazing present from my partner.

arita01.jpg
arita02.jpg
arita03.jpg

I also pulled a UR Pikachu from BW1, finally, while there outside of Pokecen. I've got some other card things in the works, but I'm almost 100% paid off on my 1999 trophy pika set, so I'm stoked for that.

Wow! Those cards are awesome. keep on collecting. Do you know where I could find red collection cards?

im assuming for now Ebay or toywiz.com or a import store or travel to Japan yourself? :)

tybike said:
Wow! Those cards are awesome. keep on collecting. Do you know where I could find red collection cards?

eBay, amiami, toywiz, etc. would be the best. :)

The-Kaiser said:
Wow i must say your a Epically good Collector of the Pokemon TCG :)

Aw shucks, thank you. I'm just cocoa for cards.

CMP said:
Thanks for those pictures, viper.fox. I love the detailed finish on the SRs...I wish they were so detailed as the English cards. What we got is rather disappointing in comparison...

Oh man tell me about it. It's why I love taking as many photos of the JP SR cards as I can. Nothing compares to them in the English side, and while the luminance of the holo of the English ones is gorgeous, the lack of texture makes me genuinely upset since it's not that hard to print the embossed cards. I think Cobalion takes the cake from the Red Collection SR cards, and I really should get some shots of it with my mother's new camera if I can borrow it for a day. Fractals + broken glass cracks + texture. It's beautiful.

I was in Japan at the time so shelf price of 3,150円 per box.

viper.fox said:
I was in Japan at the time so shelf price of 3,150円 per box.

I paid 2,835 but shipping was expensive.

viper.fox said:
eBay, amiami, toywiz, etc. would be the best. :)

Aw shucks, thank you. I'm just cocoa for cards.

Oh man tell me about it. It's why I love taking as many photos of the JP SR cards as I can. Nothing compares to them in the English side, and while the luminance of the holo of the English ones is gorgeous, the lack of texture makes me genuinely upset since it's not that hard to print the embossed cards. I think Cobalion takes the cake from the Red Collection SR cards, and I really should get some shots of it with my mother's new camera if I can borrow it for a day. Fractals + broken glass cracks + texture. It's beautiful.

Im also Coco for cards but for financial reasons i stick to collecting english only cards unless i buy someones collection and they have some Japanese cards which i'll keep :)

The-Kaiser said:
Im also Coco for cards but for financial reasons i stick to collecting english only cards unless i buy someones collection and they have some Japanese cards which i'll keep :)
Have you checked my trade thread?

omahanime said:
Have you checked my trade thread?

Actually i have but i was afraid to ask if i can buy from it also o__o

Didnt want to risk making you upset since your a Supermod....

though not sure if i have anything youd want though to trade.

But I have found several cards on your trade list that i want :)

tybike said:
Found Red Collection Booster Box on amiami for 35 US Dollars :D
Shipping can be expensive.

tybike said:
Just found that out :(

How much shipping did you pay?

I paid a lot, but I ordered 2 Red Collection boxes, Victini deck, Reshiram and Zekrom Special Trunk Sets. It was a BIG box.

If enough members were interested, it might make sense for one member to place a big order and split the overseas shipping charge.

Also keep in mind, don't use EMS unless you have to (bulk/weight usually gets shoved into EMS only). Shipping will be much cheaper if sent via airmail, but it will take longer. I only abuse EMS because I'm ridiculously close to Japan so it's not that expensive for me, where as US etc are much farther away. Shipping isn't as cheap as it was 5-6 years ago, kiddos, which is the sad but true thing.

There are so many neat cards in this thread! I might upload pics of my cards later on cause I'm on vacation right now! :)

Some pictures of things that have passed through my hands over the years, seems you guys like a pic or two :)
DSC01877.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

Happy to post tons and they are free to be used by the various reference sites if so desired

Cheers

Mozz

Another...

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

Cheers

Mozz

Status