The End of the World as We Know It

We all know the end will come eventually. Whether it's in five more days or one googol(yes, it's a number) years from now, we don't know. But how will it happen? Zombie apocalypse? Meteorite? Poverty?
This guy?:
images

What do you think will end the human race?

Erm...Well,I dont really want to talk about these topics...but its plain simple.God is the only one who knows when we are all going to die.

But...I guess that Global Warming will do its stuff...Maybe yes,maybe not.

Also,that person photo is like,real that the world can end because of him?Or is it just a joke? XD

From a non religious standpoint (NO offense if you find this offensive), I think that some natural disaster is going to slim down our population a lot. Like floods because of ice melting and such.

God is the only one who knows when we are all going to die.
Amen to that!

I don't think that this generation really needs to worry all that much about the world ending. From my minute research on what scientists think and what the Bible says, we still have quite a number of years here on Earth. While nobody knows exactly how long (although we like to pretend we do) it will be until the world ends, I think we have just enough time to make our lives worth something.
That is, of course, assuming we don't get blasted into the 50th century by a nuclear bomb.

The world will end when I die. Care to prove me wrong? Too bad I'll be dead lol. This thread makes me feel happy in the inside.

For real, the world will probably end for humans in 200-300 years or the population will go down and the growth rate will drastically shrink due to food and resource constraint. Eventually there will be no more resources. We will have piles of plastic and no water or food. >:0

Simple. Once the sun goes out, plants won't be able to get sunlight. No sunlight for the plants, no herbivores, no carnivores, no decomposers. Absolutely nothing. Of course, this is assuming humanity hasn't advanced far enough to travel to another solar system, if life is present at that time. I might amend this later, with a more in-depth and thoughtful take on the matter, as this was just off the top of my head.

"one googol(yes, it's a number)" And so it one centitllion, and one googolplex. :]

darkvoid said:
NO offense if you find this offensive
Totally. Offended. haha.

I agree with the previous JesusFreaks! My answer is just to not worry. If you are a Christian, just have faith that the time will come when it is right, and continue living through God's words. If you are non-religious, I give you the same answer: Don't worry, live life to the fullest, and enjoy the world as it is, because that is all you have. (Basically just don't get all depressed about the end of the world.)

Erm...But supposedly the Sun will die in lotsa years...When the sun dies,we should have probably died as well lol

@Chariblaze

That is our fixed time of doom unless we find a new energy source, but I think with our amazing decision making we will be wiped out long, long, long before that which is by the way, estimated to be around 5,000,000,000 years from now.

Totally. Offended. haha.

I agree with the previous JesusFreaks! My answer is just to not worry. If you are a Christian, just have faith that the time will come when it is right, and continue living through God's words. If you are non-religious, I give you the same answer: Don't worry, live life to the fullest, and enjoy the world as it is, because that is all you have. (Basically just don't get all depressed about the end of the world.)
That's a thoughtful message, Safariblade. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I have a feeling the guy in the picture will bring about the end of humanity.

@ Hyperbeem, I read somewhere that urine (no joke) will be our newest major source of energy. My pee shall save lives! :D So energy sources could be easily obtained if we know where to look.

@ Hyperbeem, I read somewhere that urine (no joke) will be our newest major source of energy. My pee shall save lives! Big Grin So energy sources could be easily obtained if we know where to look.
If you really think about it, that's not the worst idea in the world. In fact, that's extremely smart. Might as well make good use of it, eh?

@Chariblaze
Actually, there is a planet about 9,000,000? Light years away that is almost exactly like earth, Except that it has no life...

What Could End the Human Race:

1. If the Ancient Mayan Prophecies of December 21, 2012 come to fruition.
2. If the Christian Evangelists are right about May 21, 2011.
3. A Zombie Apocalypse triggered by a virus outbreak.
4. A Robot Apocalypse takeover similiar to SkyNet from James Cameron's "Terminator" series where Robots enslave mankind.
5. A Massive Solar Storm capable of blacking out the entire planet's electrical grid, electronic devices, and instability of communication.
6. A Meteor Strike similiar to what befell the Dinosaurs 65 Million years ago.
7. Global Warming and Climate Change at it's worst.
8. Basically the stuff we see in Disaster and Science Fiction Movies but not all of them.

^Out of all of those, I think a zombie apocalypse is the most plausible.

The world will end when God gives the command to Chuck Norris to end it.

Don't you mean Jesus? Well who knows really, there's people out there with other religious beliefs on how they feel it might turn out. Like it was said before here earlier live life to the fullest...

What do you think will end the human race?

My guess is either of these:

1. The human race itself (nuclear war, etc)
2. Sun becoming a red giant and swallowing the earth
3. Asteriod crash onto Earth amidst background music by Aerosmith

I think 1. is most plausible. 2. is billions of years away and 3. is probability-dependant.

hmmm... this is a really interesting thread. There are so many possibilities that it's tough to say right now what is likely to happen, but I think the most likely are
1) Earth, meet the meteor whose cousin wiped out the dinosaurs.
2) Nuclear war - MAD will keep it at bay perhaps forever (hopefully), but you never know.
3) Climate change, depending, of course, on whether it continues in the trend we've been seeing.
I think humans will be long gone when the sun burns out/explodes/becomes a red giant (or whatever it's going to do), so we don't have much to worry about there.

Back