Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

What have you been pulling in Boundaries Crossed?

omahanime said:
What have you been pulling in Boundaries Crossed?

from going to 2 prereleases i got: a full art skyla and computer search:cool:

Typical ratios are 1 FA per box and 2 EX per box. Boundaries Crossed also includes 1-2 Ace Spec cards.

Espione said:
Opened a box of dragons exalted..possible my best box ever!
- Terrakion EX FA
- Giratina EX FA
-Registeel EX
-Giratina EX
-Serperior Secret rare!!!
-Garchomp holo (the good one)
-Altaria Rh

Woah! An extra full AND a shiny?! Well even though it's the mediocre shiny and EX (I still really love the Serperior shiny but Rayquaza would have been crazy) that's still better than the lame 2 EX and 1 FA ratio.

I've been going around stores and buying around 12-16 packs. This is from 30-40 packs So far I've gotten...

FA Cheren
FA Black Kyurem
FA White Kyurem
FA Keldeo x 2 (one from Target blister, one REALLY lucky pack from Harrison's comic shop)
Shiny Golurk
Celebi EX
White Kyurem EX x 2
Ho-oh EX
Crystal Wall x 2
Computer Search

And a TON of really bad holos and lots of doubles. Draw back of not buying from a box... getting lots of doubles... never got a Blastoise either. The irony of these good pulls? I ended selling most of them and it doesn't make up for the money it cost for the packs. :p

Anyone know the pull rate for Darkrai EX FA in a box or in blisters/combo packs? also, are there any DEX 3 pack blisters?

anyone know the odds of buying 2 bc packs and pulling a landorus ex. They are loose packs

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Anyone know the pull rate for Darkrai EX FA in a box or in blisters/combo packs? also, are there any DEX 3 pack blisters?

You get 1, rarely 2 FAs per box in Dark Explorers, and there are six FAs, so Darkrai EX FA's pull rate is about 1 in 5 or 6 boxes on average.

Dark Explorers had three-pack blisters featuring Luxray and Krookodile, but they were only released overseas. They weren't available in North America.

I have seen the blisters on eBay. would UK prints be allowed in America?

What is the pull rate for Keldeo EX (either FA or normal) in a booster box?

Brave Vesperia said:
What is the pull rate for Keldeo EX (either FA or normal) in a booster box?

2/9 because there are an average of 2 FA's in a booster box and in the set their is 9 full arts.

hammer time! said:
anyone know the odds of buying 2 bc packs and pulling a landorus ex. They are loose packs

Depends. If its from a booster box from a shop you could get very lucky. I have gotten some really good pulls from loose packs. I usually buy like 7 to 10 though. From 7 - 10 packs I have gotten Regigigas ex normal and FA, Reshiram EX FA, shiny Chandelure and Mewtwo EX FA. Recently I got really lucky a pulled a FA Keldeo EX out of 3 packs. I have gotten really bad pulls like 7 rares out of 10 packs. It's all luck of the draw. You could be that one person to pull that last EX. And there's no guarantee it will even be Landorus. Just like my box of Unseen Forces didn't have a Gold star or Lugia ex. :(

Also I go to different shops and on different weeks. And one person I heard bought 18 last packs and none were EX's. All on your lucky steak.

MrSquarepants said:
hammer time! said:

Depends. If its from a booster box from a shop you could get very lucky. I have gotten some really good pulls from loose packs. I usually buy like 7 to 10 though. From 7 - 10 packs I have gotten Regigigas ex normal and FA, Reshiram EX FA, shiny Chandelure and Mewtwo EX FA. Recently I got really lucky a pulled a FA Keldeo EX out of 3 packs. I have gotten really bad pulls like 7 rares out of 10 packs. It's all luck of the draw. You could be that one person to pull that last EX. And there's no guarantee it will even be Landorus. Just like my box of Unseen Forces didn't have a Gold star or Lugia ex. :(

Also I go to different shops and on different weeks. And one person I heard bought 18 last packs and none were EX's. All on your lucky steak.

True, I bought 3 Dark explorers packs, Raikou ex + Groudon ex.

Mewtwo ex tin: Mew full art

Another mewtwo tin: NO HOLOS Whatsoever. Not even a catcher, only rare revs. I don't even collect reverses!!!

Chances of Getting an EX are?

Title says it all. I'm wondering cause recently, I have just pulled out a Cresselia full art and it was just my second pack of boundaries crossed out of the whole 5 packs I bought.

RE: Chances of Getting an EX are?

Depend on the set. In Boundaries crossed it is about 1 ultra rare (ACE SPEC, shiny, Full art supporter, full art EX, or EX) per 4 packs. EX it is about 1 in 6 packs, judging on my box.

RE: Chances of Getting an EX are?

Out of Maybe 40 Packs I Have Only Pulled One Ex Which Sucks :(
But Yesterday I bought a Mewtwo Collecters Box And A Next Destinies booster and got 3 holos. I have so many holos.

Opened a box of Boundaries Crossed last night, and got what I thought were pretty good pulls until I looked back in retrospect.
I did get -
FA Black Kyurem EX
Landrous EX
FA Cheren
Golurk
Computer Search
Gold Potion
Blastoise

I know it's not possible to get all the EXs in one box, and I'm completely fine with that, but from previous boxes I've opened, I've generally gotten all but 2-3 of the regular holos. In this box, however, I am missing several; Tangrowth, Serperior, Samurott, Electivire, Zebstrika, Dusknoir, Meloetta, Gliscor, Liepard, Scizor, Flygon, Ditto and Flygon, in both regular or reverse. Just wondering if this appears to be normal or just peculiar given what else was received from the box.

Alex282 said:
Opened a box of Boundaries Crossed last night, and got what I thought were pretty good pulls until I looked back in retrospect.
I did get -
FA Black Kyurem EX
Landrous EX
FA Cheren
Golurk
Computer Search
Gold Potion
Blastoise

I know it's not possible to get all the EXs in one box, and I'm completely fine with that, but from previous boxes I've opened, I've generally gotten all but 2-3 of the regular holos. In this box, however, I am missing several; Tangrowth, Serperior, Samurott, Electivire, Zebstrika, Dusknoir, Meloetta, Gliscor, Liepard, Scizor, Flygon, Ditto and Flygon, in both regular or reverse. Just wondering if this appears to be normal or just peculiar given what else was received from the box.

Well Boundaries crossed is a huge set, I think it has like 20 regular holos. And in a box you usually get 12 holos/UR (I only got 11 in mine :() and if 3-4 of those are ultra rares, thats mean only 8-9 regular holos.

Back