Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Just got my box today.

Best pull Full Art Lysandre
2nd Place Mega Charizard X
3rd Place Mega Kangaskhan
4th Place Charizard EX (stoke)
5th and so on Pyroar, Goodra, Magnezone EX and Milotic. The rest weren't worth much.

1 FA and 4 EX, that's actually not bad. I just wish the 4th wasn't Magnezone. Well time to sort them out and sell.

Here is my Flashfire Booster Box:

EXs - 5

Charizard EX Stroke
Kangaskhan EX
Mega Kangaskhan EX
Charizard EX FA
Toxicroak EX FA

Holo Rares- 8

Shiftry
Pyroar
Milotic
Dusknoir
Florges
Carbink
Druddigon
Goodra

Reverse Holo Rares - 6

Shiftry
Walrein
Floatzel
Dusknoir
Golem
Barbaracle

I guess I got an alright box. I was hoping to get some Mega Charizards but ended up not getting any.

Opened an underwhelming Plasma Blast box today.

ULTRA RARES (4)
Dialga EX
Scoop-up Cyclone
Master Ball
Genesect EX [FA]

Holo Rares (10)
Reverse-holo Rares (9)

Redstart said:
Opened an underwhelming Plasma Blast box today.

ULTRA RARES (4)
Dialga EX
Scoop-up Cyclone
Master Ball
Genesect EX [FA]

Holo Rares (10)
Reverse-holo Rares (9)

Genesect EX FA and 2 Ace Specs with better than 1/3 of the packs containing a holo or better

"Underwhelming"

LOL, but the Genesect FA makes up for the lack of other EXs. That card itself is worth 40$. Master Ball is pretty good but not worth much... That other Ace Spec is worthless. 10 holos though!

However his box doesn't beat the 1/3 odds... He may have 10 holos but only 2 Ultra Rares. The Ace Specs take place of the reverse holos so you can still pull a crappy rare when you could get a Virizion EX or something. 1 meh EX, 1 super badass FA and 10 holos is kinda undewhelming... but like I said Genesect makes up for it. Still 24 crappy rares to get rid of but... GENESECT!

MrSquarepants said:
LOL, but the Genesect FA makes up for the lack of other EXs. That card itself is worth 40$. Master Ball is pretty good but not worth much... That other Ace Spec is worthless. 10 holos though!

However his box doesn't beat the 1/3 odds... He may have 10 holos but only 2 Ultra Rares. The Ace Specs take place of the reverse holos so you can still pull a crappy rare when you could get a Virizion EX or something. 1 meh EX, 1 super badass FA and 10 holos is kinda undewhelming... but like I said Genesect makes up for it. Still 24 crappy rares to get rid of but... GENESECT!

Genesect FA will probably be the only playable card (besides maybe darkrai FA) whose value will rise after the rotation. In 5 years Genesect will probably be worth 70 dollars.

I think Plasma Blast has tough pull rates. I've opened up probably 25 packs of that set total and only ever pulled 1 Ex (Virizion)

Yeah, Plasma Blast is such a tease of a set. You got the big cards like Genesect and Virizion that you want to pull... Buuuut you never pull them. :p

Frost Mage said:
Yeah, Plasma Blast is such a tease of a set. You got the big cards like Genesect and Virizion that you want to pull... Buuuut you never pull them. :p

I've pulled a lot of good cards from plasma blast (not 1, not 2, but 3 Genesect EXs, Genesect EX FA, Dialga EX FA, Iris FA, etc.) I actually consider it a set with good pull rates.

Reggie McGigas said:
Frost Mage said:

I've pulled a lot of good cards from plasma blast (not 1, not 2, but 3 Genesect EXs, Genesect EX FA, Dialga EX FA, Iris FA, etc.) I actually consider it a set with good pull rates.

Out of 3 prereleases and 3 drafts I only pulled 1 genesect EX, 1 jirachi EX, 1 g booster, and 1 master ball. That's about 150-175 dollars right there with gas and all and I only made back 50 dollars out of about 40-42 packs, which is more then 1 box.
Next week I buy the ETB PLB...I pull Virizion EX FA, Half Art, and a G-scope...which was about 100 dollars at the time.

My Second Box of Flashfire:

EXs - 4

Charizard EX Combustion Blast
Magnezone EX
Toxicroak EX
Mega Kangaskhan EX SR

FA Trainer - 1

FA Pokémon Center Lady

Holo Rares - 6

Pyroar
Florges x 2
Druddigon
Goodra
Carbink

Reverse Holo Rares - 11

Pyroar
Druddigon
Skuntank
Florges
Floette
Carbink
Scrafty
Dragalge
Weavile
Forrestress
Milotic

No doubling of EXs from the my first Box! Can't complain. Still no Mega Charizards for me.

Reggie McGigas said:
Frost Mage said:

Dang, I wish I had that luck. One time I literally bought 10 Plasma Blast packs, went home to open them, and pulled ONE Sigilyph holo. One of my worst pull days ever.

Plasma Blast was still part of their "super randomized" sets. Meaning you could get really lucky. Or really unlucky. I did buy 8 loose packs from Newbury Comics and pulled a Full Art Virizion. I don't remember how many packs or where I got them from but I do recall pulling a Genesect FA at some point. But I just got lucky. I have seen box openings where they'd only pull like 1 EX and some Ace Specs. No shiny, no full arts. Some with one shiny and no EXs, and 12 holos.

My friend opened a Plasma Freeze box and pulled only a Deoxys full art with some Ace Specs. No other ultra rares. I think Plasma Freeze and Blast had bad pull rates for boxes. Or super lucky pull rates. Where's my second full art? Oh. It's in that other box with that guy who pulled 3 Full Arts.

If getting 2 FAs is supposed to be the norm then I haven't had a normal box since, like, Dark Explorers. And that's including Flashfire which is quite honestly ridiculous because there are like eight full art cards in that set. :/

My Flashfire box gave me:
FA Toxicroak EX
FA Magnezone EX
M Charizard EX (X)
M Kangaskhan EX
Toxicroak EX

Also a complete non-ultra rare set, including 2 Pyroar. Only got 3 Lysandre somehow...

Loved my flashfire booster box:
1x Lysandre FA
1x M. Charizard EX (X)
1x SR M. Kangaskhan EX
1x Magnezone EX FA
1x Magnezone EX
1x Charizard EX (stoke)

Missed out on two holos, florges and druddigon.

I opened my Flashfire box yesterday. I got some decent pulls:
Charizard EX 11/106
Charizard EX 12/106
Kangaskhan EX
Pokemon Fan Club FA
Magnezone EX FA

It's a shame if got those last two FAs, since I just traded for them before I got the box, but duplicates never hurt. Also, I only got 2 Blacksmiths out of the whole box, and not a single Meowstic. Thankfully I got a Pyroar, so that's a plus.

Opened my second box of flashfire:

-Mega Kangaskhan ex
-Mega Charizard Y ex
-Mega Charizard X ex
-Mega Charizard X ex SR
-Center Lady FA

Talk about Mega-Overload...

Today I opened a Boundaries Crossed Booster Box

1. Bianca Full Art
2. Black Kyurem Ex
3. Celebi Ex
4. Keldeo Ex
5. Celebi Full Art
Gold Potion Ace Sec
Computer Search Ace Spec

Holos:
Crustle, Stoutland, Tangrowth, Samurott, Zebtrika, Dusknoir, Blastoise also a reverse Tangrowth and reverse Flygon.

I also got 34 different reverses, including 24 new reverses I didn't already own. Only one duplicate ex and both ace specs are new.

Back