My team would probably be:
Sceptile
Camerupt
Machamp
Electrode
Pelipper
Mightyena
(This is my old Pokemon Ruby team too)

It's probably gonna be a spinoff, like everybody else has been saying, but if it's the remakes, I already have a planned team.

Blaziken
Sharpedo
Aggron
Manectric
Tropius
Dusknoir

I still think it's a bit too early for the remakes, though. I'd expect for them to announce them in July or something.

After thinking about it, I now highly doubt it will be a mainstream game because Black and White have recently been released in most other parts of the world. Therefore sales of these games should still be increasing dramatically. Nintendo probably wouldn't announce (let alone release) a new game in the main series this early because it could damage sales.

To clarify, if Nintendo announced the third version of B/W or the 3rd gen remakes this early, people will start to wait for the new game(s) to come out and not buy B/W, so Nintendo would be missing out on revenue.

In short, I am pretty sure the new game will be a spin-off. As for what console(s) it will be on, I'm not so sure.

Let's see...
In comparison to Diamond/Pearl - Platinum - Heartgold/Soulsilver

I'd say the 3rd version will in 2 years. And Ruby/Sapphire remakes 1 year after that.

Well, considering that LG/FR came out before the 3rd version of that generation (Emerald), I think R/S remakes will be first, and then the 3rd version on B/W.

I'ma tinkin' dat da remakes will be first then the B/W remakes will be on the 3DS :D (Meowth FTW! :p )

If they want to make BW remakes,then we would have to wait 10 years >_>

Um,besides,they say that they will reveal a new game...Not new games.So it could be a remkae of Emerald...Or something.

The 3rd Game will most likely come out before the remakes, well if the remakes come out at all. Also, instead of the name "Grey" I think the 3rd game's name should have something to do with the sky, since most of the cities are named after clouds and other stuff like that.

Playerking95 said:
I think the 3rd game's name should have something to do with the sky, since most of the cities are named after clouds and other stuff like that.

How does that even make sense? The only time when version names had some semantic link to the city names was in Gen I.

^ they are named after clouds.

Example: Nimbasa- Nimbus clouds are rain clouds (at least that's what I remember from science last year XD)

And no, all generations except 4th have city names that are all some type of theme.

Gen I: Colors
Gen II: Once again, colors
Gen III: types of rocks (slate, soot, mauve)
Gen IV: ???
Gen V: Clouds

XieRH said:
Playerking95 said:
I think the 3rd game's name should have something to do with the sky, since most of the cities are named after clouds and other stuff like that.

How does that even make sense? The only time when version names had some semantic link to the city names was in Gen I.

So it can't happen again? Got you, i get it now. Grey would be too obvious,

I think it would fit in because of the following.

- Skyarrow Bridge

- Nimbasa - Nimbus Clouds

- Castelia - Castellanus Clouds.

- Nacrene - Nacreous Clouds.

- Striaton - Striation (Another Cloud reference).

- Driftveil - Cloud drift and Velum, a sail shaped cloud.

- Mistralton - Mistral wind and Alto, a usual prefix for cloud names.

- Iccirus - Cirrus cloud.

- Opelucid - Opaque sheets of clouds and from Perlucidus (sheets of cloud with small spaces).

- Lacunosa - Lacunosus clouds.

- Undella - Undulatus, wavy clouds.

- Anville - Anvil clouds.

- Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem all have wings to fly.

Evidence for it being Grey, Kyruem has Grey on it (Not it's only colour anyway) and Black and White mixed, makes Grey. If they wanted to go with the whole, two colours mixed should make the 3rd game, Emerald would have been amethyst, because the colour of the jewel Ruby, is red. The colour of the jewel Sapphire, is Blue and those two colour mixed together would make Purple, which the colour for another jewel, Amethyst.

So, sure it could be called Grey, but I think a Cloud/Sky reference would be better.

I am 100% sure that there will be a third version of Black and White, due to obvious reasons! The thing is, the color Gray is to close to Platinum, and Silver... so the name may not be Gray Version?

ilovemypikachu said:
^ they are named after clouds.

Example: Nimbasa- Nimbus clouds are rain clouds (at least that's what I remember from science last year XD)

And no, all generations except 4th have city names that are all some type of theme.

Gen I: Colors
Gen II: Once again, colors
Gen III: types of rocks (slate, soot, mauve)
Gen IV: ?
Gen V: Clouds

Umm...
I think Gen 2 was based off flowers:

Blackthorn
Goldenrod
Violet

^ oh yeah, that's true. But they also all have names of colors. (Golden, Black, Violet, Mahogany, Olivine like Olive)

^^ oh, and Cianwood makes me think of the color cyan.

Could this be an image of a future game?

sam0840b.jpg

I wonder if it is a 3DS game, it would be cool if it was real. I hope it's an original game for Pokemon.

Playerking95 said:
So, sure it could be called Grey, but I think a Cloud/Sky reference would be better.

Saying something would be better is different from saying something is possible. Be sure on which stance you are going for. If you're saying something is possible just because you think it sounds better, that's where things really don't make sense (would that mean you'd think something impossible or less possible if you didn't like it?)

Historically speaking, the version names correspond to some aesthetic component of the version mascot, most commonly a colour association (which in Gen V was reversed)

Playerking95 said:
Grey would be too obvious,

People are quoting grey because of Kyurem's colour. Remember what you said about "it could happen again?" That logic is the same reason why people think "grey" will be the next. Rayquaza hinted at an Emerald version long before Emerald was announced, and it came true. People naturally think the same would happen with Kyurem as a mascot.

You forgot to tell us what version mascot you have in mind for your sky-based-game-name.

Playerking95 said:
Evidence for it being Grey, Kyruem has Grey on it (Not it's only colour anyway) and Black and White mixed, makes Grey. If they wanted to go with the whole, two colours mixed should make the 3rd game, Emerald would have been amethyst, because the colour of the jewel Ruby, is red. The colour of the jewel Sapphire, is Blue and those two colour mixed together would make Purple, which the colour for another jewel, Amethyst.

Emerald was Emerald because of Rayquaza's colour. Like I said earlier, the version name is linked to an aesthetic component of the version mascot. It has nothing to do with 2 colours mixing. Gamefreak isn't gonna call it grey because black and white makes grey, they'll name it based on the version mascot.

XieRH said:
Playerking95 said:

Saying something would be better is different from saying something is possible. Be sure on which stance you are going for. If you're saying something is possible just because you think it sounds better, that's where things really don't make sense (would that mean you'd think something impossible or less possible if you didn't like it?)

Historically speaking, the version names correspond to some aesthetic component of the version mascot, most commonly a colour association (which in Gen V was reversed)

Playerking95 said:
Grey would be too obvious,

People are quoting grey because of Kyurem's colour. Remember what you said about "it could happen again?" That logic is the same reason why people think "grey" will be the next. Rayquaza hinted at an Emerald version long before Emerald was announced, and it came true. People naturally think the same would happen with Kyurem as a mascot.

What I'm saying is that Grey is more likely, in terms of names because I know where people are coming from, I'd just prefer a name that wasn't so obvious. I'm also saying that the city names could be hint. I mean I don't know much about Giratina but I don't think it has a lot to do with Platinum, except for it's name. So the 3rd game could be called Grey, but it seems to dull and obvious, though that is just one persons opinion.

OshawottFan said:
Awww yeah! Oshawott is face-pwning Reshiram :p

But I don't know about the games realisim :(

Yeah, I'm not so sure about it's realism either.

Back