The future of Jumpluff

peetzaman

lolwut
What do you think it'll be like for Jumpluff after rotation? It'll have to watch out for Charizard and most likely tech in Metapod HS. Of course it'll also lose Claydol. But even with Metapod a belted Charizard can one shot it. What do you think the future of Jumpluff will be like? Will it see as much play as it did before?

It all depends on the new staples we get. Jumpluff can still funtion with Sunflora HGSS to a lesser extent.
Just my 2 cents.

RE: The future of Jumpluff

looks dim.

If Jumpluff is already running a 3-3 Claydol line and it's still struggling to play against some of the more popular decks like LuxChomp (with ERL) and Tyranitar what does that tell you about its future?

PikachewTofu said:
It's not too bad, Charizard isn't too popular (yet).

IMO Charizard isn't popular cause it isn't good. As for the future of Jumpluff I think that it will do ok. One of my friends made his Jumpluff MD on and it still runs good. I think the main issue will be Vileplume, the Trainer lock wrecks it.

I think that the deck will be attempted at first and will be decent. But the loss of Claydol and googleanne will cause the deck to eventually be much slower compared to the speed and consistency of a lot of other decks. If a new draw power is made then it might work, but for now Uxie is not enough draw power and Jumpluff will be a low tier deck.

finally we get some intelligent responses to a thread. Jumpluff isn't good. This has nothing to do with Charizard. Jumpluff struggles with 3 claydol. It should adjust now before it gets wrecked. Players have trying to make that adjustment, but have failed. The pluff builds that I've seen MD-on RELY on getting off their uxie. I've seen games won by spraying Uxie. This should not be the case. There is not much to do. Jumpluff should honestly die. No reason to keep playing it...

Jumpluff
Pokemon Collector
Sunflora
Plenty of Bebe's Search, Pokemon Communications, and (soon) Rescue Energy (I proxy).
Even Shaymin Lv.X Land Forme

It works fine for me.

Zero said:
finally we get some intelligent responses to a thread. Jumpluff isn't good. This has nothing to do with Charizard. Jumpluff struggles with 3 claydol. It should adjust now before it gets wrecked. Players have trying to make that adjustment, but have failed. The pluff builds that I've seen MD-on RELY on getting off their uxie. I've seen games won by spraying Uxie. This should not be the case. There is not much to do. Jumpluff should honestly die. No reason to keep playing it...

Yeah, spraying Uxie is incredibly crucial. Stopping the drawpower will be even easier, thus less people playing the deck IMO.

dmaster out.

Sadley people arent resource full and jumpluff will die like i said i maid majestic dawn on some people said right away it wont do good but it does reall good!!

Well, they may try to do dirsupluff. But the only way it could work is with a massive Turbo-Shuppet-like trainer engine.

Sadly Jumpluff will mostly die. People these days are un-resourceful and just sit around waiting for someone else to post a deck list. It had it's day in the spotlight and now that day is over and the capable deck builders have moved on. As for the deck itself in my opinion it CAN work. Sunflora HGSS helps out a lot, if you can get out Landmin X you greatly increase Jumpluff's survivability. As for Power Sray lets be honest, it isn't new. If you haven't learned to suck it up and just work around it (SSU is your friend when it comes to Uxie) then you're going to lose. Though it's true Jumpluff will drop from Tier 1 and SP match ups will be a struggle but if people are willing to just drop the whole "I want to win so I'll play SP" mentality Jumpluff will live. Those who choose to play it my not be world champions but they can get somewhere and in the end they'll have a good time.

^ 100% agreed. Only two reasons Jumpluff won't work...the fact that people think they need Claydol to run their deck and that they aren't intelligent enough to make their own deck. You can't sit in your room on the computer going "durr durr I have no Claydol durr durr". All it does is take up space in a deck people, get over the dang Claydol. Get over Garchomp C. Get over Luxray GL Lv. X. Get on with your LIVES. Sorry, but I had to get that out.

Try getting over Luxray GL Lv.X when it's in every deck you face at Nationals... >.> ... But anyways, Jumpluff is dead. It simply won't have the consistency it had before. Without Roseanne's to get it's 6 Energies, Claydol to draw into those Rare Candies, an SP dominated format, and only Uxie left for their drawpower, it's over for Jumpluff.

(I was being reasonable when writing this post, but now I'd just like to say... I'M GOING TO HAVE A FREAKIN' PARTY!!!!! DOWN WITH JUMPLUFF!!!! ASTA LAVISTA, HOPPIPS!!!!!!! GOOD RIDDANCE!!! MWA AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!.... Okay, I'm better now....)

I hate SP more then I hate Jumpluff, Iunno about you.
As for Pluff itself...it has a few chances and will likely snag up a few BR's. It still does hit like a truck, much in the same vein like Kingdra. I think that in fact, its best to compare to Kingdra. Its a fast hitter, frailer but hits harder. Sunflora aids consistency.
But it will require to be built completely different from how it has been done before to even THINK of being competitive.

Ok, so, I may be a little bit of a Jumpluff fanboy, but I still think it will do fine. Sunflora, while t's no Claydol, can recover Jumpluffs turn after turn if you have two out with a BTS (and something t search for basics). I actually think that post-rotaion, Shaymin is better than Luxray. Luxray will be harder to get out without Claydol, and you will draw less Poketurn. Shaymin, however, can be consistently gotten out T2 with Sunflora. I will admit that a well-timed Power Spray can ruin you. I run Judge, which can slow down Luxchomp enough for you to get set-up. I also run 4 SSU, so (although this would obviously never happen) you can (technically) get 7 Uxie drops per game.

Jumpluff IMO will die in organized play. Simply because it doesn't have the draw power it did once before. In OP most people get there deck lists online and dont even come up with a new way to play a certain deck. Only some select few actually make up there own deck list

6-Dimension said:
Ok, so, I may be a little bit of a Jumpluff fanboy, but I still think it will do fine. Sunflora, while t's no Claydol, can recover Jumpluffs turn after turn if you have two out with a BTS (and something t search for basics). I actually think that post-rotaion, Shaymin is better than Luxray. Luxray will be harder to get out without Claydol, and you will draw less Poketurn. Shaymin, however, can be consistently gotten out T2 with Sunflora. I will admit that a well-timed Power Spray can ruin you. I run Judge, which can slow down Luxchomp enough for you to get set-up. I also run 4 SSU, so (although this would obviously never happen) you can (technically) get 7 Uxie drops per game.

Agreed on all counts. Jumpluff is still a great deck and its still super fast. Honestly it has gained something in that Mime isn't around anymore which means it doesn't NEED Luxray.

The charizard weakness isn't anything to get concerned about. Most decks can OHKO jumpluff anyway. Charizard will likely be able to OHKO jumpluff even without weakness. But if you're worried, you can easily tech in a metapod to deal with the problem.

Back