The Hair Thread

My hair is crazy. it's nearly down to my neck but doesn't hang. Every time I move it changes, meaning I have a different hairstyle every time you look. I like my hair down to my ears from the top of my head and all tangled and twisted. I don't use hair products. I don't care what my hair looks like, nor my clothes or face.

My hair is too manly to be contained. That's pretty much the only way to describe it. Like when it's wet I can get it perfectly flat. Then my head doesn't look so huge (no it's not just the ego). Then, as soon as it dries, POOF. Giant freaking curly locks of doom. I swear it can't be contained.

And that's my hair story. :)

The Fallen One said:
My hair is too manly to be contained. That's pretty much the only way to describe it. Like when it's wet I can get it perfectly flat. Then my head doesn't look so huge (no it's not just the ego). Then, as soon as it dries, POOF. Giant freaking curly locks of doom. I swear it can't be contained.

Make sure to get your hair thinned and/or layered. This should help a bit with the poofyness (made that word up).

As for it being so curly, you can simply use a straightener or use a styling product to shape it in the way you want. After that, use gel on the tips/spikes (depending upon how curly it is), and then finish it off with hairspray.

Limitless said:
I specifically get my hair cut by gay, Asian guys. Yes, Asians are genetically pro at hair-styling.
When you said that the first thing that came to my mind was "Me love you long time" >.<

I might get my hair cut short tomorrow. It seems to keep getting hotter outside :x

The Fallen One said:

After swimming my friends hair is like that. It's slightly annoying and/or freaky.

Ps. Don't you run the Game at Acanthite? if so I'm Toby wittis.

Mr. Random said:
I have dandruff. :[ Do you guys have any suggestions about what to do with it?

Uh, just use all the common products and home remedies that are made for it. If conditions continue to get worse, then consider meeting with a dermatologist.

MylesPrower said:
I'm black. I hate black people hair. It sucks, you can't do anything with it. It doesn't move in the wind, and doesn't add lines to the face. It gets disgusting really fast, too.
Um, of course you can, you can grow an afro and play DDR
I use Head&Shoulders, works great for me. :D Though I can never choose a style of hair.(Not gay)
Most lol thread EVER

jirachinick said:
Um, of course you can, you can grow an afro and play DDR
I use Head&Shoulders, works great for me. :D Though I can never choose a style of hair.(Not gay)
Most lol thread EVER
People aren't gay because they like their hair and like having it look good...

The Assassin said:
People aren't gay because they like their hair and like having it look good...

I'm definitely gay, Blake. Just look at my avatar. Isn't it obvious?

Limitless said:
I'm definitely gay, Blake. Just look at my avatar. Isn't it obvious?
O,o LL... you creep me out sometimes...

I was eating at a McDonald's today and I found a hair in my drink >:eek: Good thing I got it out

Basically, my hair is so freaking big and thick I have to use about a pound of conditioner from keeping it from drying out and looking like a rats nest. After it's washed, I mess it up again, and it drys to look like a cute, curly mess.

I actually have a little advice. If your having problems with your hair getting really thick its more of a hair style issue (as in haircut) and less of a quirk your hair has. You should try looking for someplace that can decently thin and layer your hair(like Ll said) then ask for them too. Alternatively if your thinking something more subtle ( like hair care/styling products) buy TIGI and Bedhead products. It's pretty much the best for your hair and for style purposes (plus i don't think its crazy exspensive) according to a *credible* friend in the hair industry (trust me, this guy knows hair and i can prove it). If you buy hair products from them it will always do what you want (as long as you buy the right thing of course). I think at this point you can get it at Walmart and Target (before you could only get it at professionally licensed and certified salons). but yeah its what i use. Hopefully that solves your issues with thickness and controlling your hair.

but i also have a question for you Ll or TA. Lately i noticed my hair seemed a little fluffy for my tastes and i was thinking, should i get my hair cut with layers next time or just buy a product (supposing you suggest a product instead should i go for shampoo and conditioner or a type of gel/paste)?

Also i wanted all of you to help me on a experiment. The other day i heard one of the biggest mistakes, for people that use gel and paste, can make is work their hair from the front. Apparently you should always work it from the back so your hair looks more evened out and natural. Could you guys try this out and tell me if it works? I've been curious and don't really have the hair for it.

btw, wall of text ftw.

LoneTyranitar said:
but i also have a question for you Ll or TA. Lately i noticed my hair seemed a little fluffy for my tastes and i was thinking, should i get my hair cut with layers next time or just buy a product (supposing you suggest a product instead should i go for shampoo and conditioner or a type of gel/paste)?

It really just depends what type of style you actually are trying to pull off. In almost all cases, though, thinning and layering your hair will always make your styling easier.

If you're trying to style it a certain way, then use wax and hairspray. If you want a more advanced hair style, then I can get into that if you want.

The only real thing that shampoo and conditioners are gonna do are take the stuff out of your hair that starts to build up if you don't take a shower... I forget what it's called now, but you know what I mean. That stuff actually makes your hair look crisp and clean, but I wouldn't advise not taking a shower, haha.

Also, if you use a conditioner with longer hair, you will have a more difficult time spiking it after the shower, because it will all want to stay down. I'd advise using conditioner on days in which you don't plan on spiking it or don't plan on going out of the house.

Also i wanted all of you to help me on a experiment. The other day i heard one of the biggest mistakes, for people that use gel and paste, can make is work their hair from the front. Apparently you should always work it from the back so your hair looks more evened out and natural. Could you guys try this out and tell me if it works? I've been curious and don't really have the hair for it.

Well the reason why it's best to work from the back is because you want the back to stick up, and it is often times the most difficult to stick up. However, if you do some of the more advanced type of hair styles, you're gonna be using straighteners, combs, etc. So, the shape of the style will already be in place, making where you start first not really mean anything.

In some of my styles, I often times start from the front, but not actually start spiking from the front. I have the wax in my hands, and then I cut diagonally to the left and then to the right. If I did it right, then my hair should be in the correct formation. From there, it's just a matter of making all the spikes in the front and in the back. If I did it wrong, then I just put it all in a faux hawk, and then spike to the side from there.

Lastly, if your hair is still slightly damp, then where you start shouldn't really matter, because even a little bit of wax will go a long way. However, if you have too much wax, and you start in the front, then you will have a bunch of blobs of wax randomly in your hair. It can get very annoying when you have to even them out through your hair after you already half finished your style. So all in all, it really just depends on what style you're doing and what you prefer.

Do you guys know of anything that can make my hair be sorta thicker? I have pretty thin hair..

MylesPrower said:
I'm black. I hate black people hair. It sucks, you can't do anything with it. It doesn't move in the wind, and doesn't add lines to the face. It gets disgusting really fast, too.
.....Im gonna think that never happened.

I love my natural Fro.

Sometimes my hair sets really well after I get out of the shower, sometimes it doesn't. I'm a guy with long-ish hair, nothing like Cobainish but like the common style these days. How do I consistently set it?

Also, guyliner makes my hair always look good, but I can't wear it in public often because although I am straight, people don't think so and I hate having to avoid homophobes.

MylesPrower said:

Your a guy that's why. We girls on the other hand can do a lot with our hair. xD

Besides, you can always wear a wig. u.u

Back