BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

RE: The Isshu Region Speculation Thread

yeah... hopefully there are still more under those clouds... the way I see it, there seem to be only 5 cities?

ElectroKing23 said:
There doesnt seem like enough cities on the map to hold 8 gyms...,

who said gyms will be in places you'd expect? :)

for example, i think the theme park is a gym.

bwnewstuff3.jpg

I read it somewhere that there is a frontier brain located in the theme park. I forgot where I actually read it. Though it could actually be a gym leader instead.

Has anyone thought of islands not visible on this map that you whould be able to explore?? Remember LG/FR??

Vdogam3r said:
The giant "Pokeball" in the middle of the map is what perplexes me.

i think it could be like the national park in hg/ss. idk what the tornado thing could be...maybe an event like the distortion world in platinum

Ice Arceus said:
I read it somewhere that there is a frontier brain located in the theme park. I forgot where I actually read it. Though it could actually be a gym leader instead.

It's quite obvious that it isn't a Frontier brain location. It's hiding under the clouds or not on the map. The source was probably speculating, which was way off.

Alright, here are my speculations:

First of all, Isshu is almost certainly based on New York City, at least in shape. It's definitely not Shanghai; I've lived there and you would have to distort it a lot to get Isshu. The only big difference is there doesn't seem to be a Long Island Sound, but nothing's exact and it could be hiding under that cloud near the plateau thing for all we know. Now, if the desert really is supposed to represent Ground Zero, then I can see some lawsuits coming.

About the vortex, maybe that's the way to the White High-Link - that place in the clouds where you walk through a screen and your appearance changes. As for the two mountains, I think that which one has Reshiram or Zekrom could vary between versions, like maybe the mascot of your game is on the mountain closer to your starting town.

The airport is interesting, and not only because that's the weirdest place to put an airport. It will definitely fly you to another area akin to the Sevii Islands, but I agree that it couldn't lead to one of the old regions. Profits from remakes aside, picking 1 out of the 4 Japan-based regions which are relatively close together would be pretty arbitrary. Going to one particular old city without the rest of the region would be a reasonable addition, but I don't know how that would work story-wise unless that one city just happened to get an airport and you fly there but the way out of town is indefinitely blocked by a sleeping coffeeholic or whatever they think of these days. The plane could also go to a Battle Zone-like area or event areas like those faraway islands.

I really don't see how it based from New York city... where is long island?

achernar said:
I really don't see how it based from New York city... where is long island?

The island with Hiun City would be Manhattan, with the landmass to the east being Brooklyn, which is one end of Long Island. I questioned it too at first, but after I rechecked exactly how the Bronx is situated relative to Manhattan, it definitely seems right.

I just thought of something. If that plane doesn't fly to Hoenn... Maybe it goes to another new region!

rockinpikachu said:
I just thought of something. If that plane doesn't fly to Hoenn... Maybe it goes to another new region!

Two new regions, sorry but i don't think so.

rockinpikachu said:
Nah probably not. I don't think the designers of the game don't feel like/have time to make another new region. This one is big as it is and it would take a while making another region. So I don't think that the creators would create a new region in the game. If they did actually make it (which I highly doubt) then we would've heard some relative news about it when some of the Isshu region news had been revealed. I just don't think they have to time to create a whole new region while they have a big region already created. I don't think that the plane would travel to Hoenn anymore. I used to believe that it would be possible to travel to previous regions, but then I gave up on believing that. I think that the plane will take the player either to the islands south of the Isshu region. Or it could just be that there is no airplanes in the game and the airport located in the Isshu Region is abandoned, but is still accessible to the player.

Ice Arceus said:
Nah probably not. I don't think the designers of the game don't feel like/have time to make another new region. This one is big as it is and it would take a while making another region. So I don't think that the creators would create a new region in the game. If they did actually make it (which I highly doubt) then we would've heard some relative news about it when some of the Isshu region news had been revealed. I just don't think they have to time to create a whole new region while they have a big region already created. I don't think that the plane would travel to Hoenn anymore. I used to believe that it would be possible to travel to previous regions, but then I gave up on believing that. I think that the plane will take the player either to the islands south of the Isshu region. Or it could just be that there is no airplanes in the game and the airport located in the Isshu Region is abandoned, but is still accessible to the player.

I'm sorry if someone has already stated this but that is a great idea. An abandoned gym would be a great place to battle.

Playerking95 said:
I'm sorry if someone has already stated this but that is a great idea. An abandoned gym would be a great place to battle.

It could be like the fighting dojo gym we had in HGSS. But I'd rather it not. I found it more fun battling the gym leaders at their gym.

Ice Arceus said:
Or it could just be that there is no airplanes in the game and the airport located in the Isshu Region is abandoned, but is still accessible to the player.

That would be really mean of game freak though, waving an airport in our faces and then revealing that it can't take you anywhere at all. :(

maybe if its abandoned airport it could be part of a flying gym?
idk if this has been said
there's 18 pages of post and cba reading it all lol

Back