The Mega Man Franchise

RADSheikah183

A Trainer from the great white north
This is a place to talk about the blue bomber and have (Friendly, please!) Debates about things pertaining to the franchise in fact I my self will start a debate.

Zero killed every one in the classic series. 3...2...1 go!

RE: Offical Mega man thread.

This should go in the Gaming forum since this is discussion about a non-Pokemon game.

I like Mega Man but never played MMZ so /shrug

I haven't played most of the series, but I really like the latter half of the Battle Networks and all of Star Force. Good stuff gameplay-wise, and story-wise.

Megaman Legends is where its at. Shame they cancelled the 3rd game so recently with the 2nd ending on a cliffhanger.

Probably my favorite game series ever, as most people can probably tell. The X series is so great in terms of story and gameplay; I really wish Capcom would actually care about their fanbase and wrap up the series with X9, or ZX3 for God's sake. In the mean time, fans keep the series alive through the Wiki and on the official Megaman forum over at Capcom's website, years after the last installment. Not to mention the cancellation of Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3, both of which would have been AMAZING.

Also, not trying to raise anyone's hopes, but Capcom recently had a survey on their site asking fans about games like Street Fighter, Mega Man (X), Resident Evil, and other classic titles. I took it, and a lot of the questions hinted towards new installments and HD remakes of those series, especially MM and MMX. That's something I would definitely purchase through PSN or XBL. It's sad, but I would pretty much throw money at Capcom to get ANY progression of the series at this point. This, however, is something that I won't support.

As for the question in the OP -

SILLY THEORIES ARE SIL- You know what, that's probably a credible idea. Dr. Wily is the confirmed creator or Zero, and he could have even died along with Mega Man and the others due to him underestimating the maverick virus he created. I still find it hilarious that the Mega Man X, ZX, and Legends series were ALL based on Zero's creation.

Like I said, Mega Man is probably my favorite game series ever created, and it would sadden me to see it thrown away just because the father of the series had some bad blood with Capcom.

Some Loser said:
However, not trying to raise anyone's hopes, but Capcom recently had a survey on their site asking fans about games like Street Fighter, Mega Man (X), Resident Evil, and other classic titles. I took it, and a lot of the questions hinted towards new intstallments and HD remakes of those series, especially MM and MMX. That's something I would definitely purchase through PSN or XBL. It's sad, but I would pretty much throw money at Capcom to get ANY progression of the series at this point.

Yeah, there were also a lot of questions about Battle Network, like that compilation in the style of the Zero Collection we've been wanting. Well, I and the 14 people that thumbs-ed up my suggestion on Capcom Unity. I already pledged to preorder day 1. :P

This, however, is something that I won't support.

Ah, at least it has a good title theme.

Clay said:
Ah, at least it has a good title theme.

It's even more insulting that they would make a horrible game like THAT and give it an amazing theme. The rest of the music is just recycled, lol.

I've mostly only played the Classic series (4 is my favorite) but I love them so much <3 Legends is pretty great too.

Some Loser said:

SILLY THEORIES ARE SIL- You know what, that's probably a credible idea. Dr. Wily is the confirmed creator or Zero, and he could have even died along with Mega Man and the others due to him underestimating the maverick virus he created.
Well it is confirmed that mega man killed mega man. (See Mega man gomeboy)
but there are some crazy theorys. (Bass = Zero) but only Inafune knows for sure.

I do think that Mega man could use some help. (Ahem put him in MVC) Okay ALOT of help *Cough*Legends3X9ZX3*Cough* And I think Capcom should get on it or Nintendo Should buy them out
(Great I just opened a can of worms didn't I)

The only one I ever owned was 2, and its tough. But its still fun to play. Might pick up another one of the classic ones on Wii Virtual console soon, anyone have any recommendations?

2, X, X2 and 9 are my personal favorites. Of course, the majority of Megaman games are excellent.

If it is a dead series then I accepted that years ago. I mean it's Capcom. They literally have too much money to care about anyone's opinion. Instead of MML3 we get iOS and Freeware games.
And they still tease us with "eh? eh? You want X9? eh? eh? Ok. Here's a poll we won't read."

If you're thinking about getting it on Virtual Console, I'd recommend the original, 2 or 9.

9's a bad one to start on because it's probably one of the most difficult. 2, 3, and 10 are my recommendations, especially since both 2 and 10 have easy modes (2's "Difficult" is the standard difficulty; "Normal" is easy mode) and 3's just an expertly built game. I definitely wouldn't recommend 1; it's pretty bad, honestly.

Delta said:
And they still tease us with "eh? eh? You want X9? eh? eh? Ok. Here's a poll we won't read."

Yeah, Capcom Japan may never act on it, but Svensson feels the data is telling and is trying to convince them. I'm hopeful.

Plus, the classic series is being released on the 3DS store, so there's another option for people wanting to get into the series.

I think the series has a tough option. Obviously X9 and 11 are options, but Zero 5, ZX3, a compilation or, god forbid, Powered Up 2, Maverick Hunter X2.
Really, I think they should go for a remake and a new release, that way they can see which will be more well received, and they won't lose anything either, at least not in the long run.

Well the Zero in the Zero series is dead, so Capcom's gonna have to pull some crazy -

*remembers X6*

Oh, nevermind. I think doing Powered Up 2 for the vita or something would be neat, but I'm not sure how well just re-hashing the entire X series would go. Maybe just up until X3. Because if they touch X4 with it's amazing voice acting I will cry

Some Loser said:
Well the Zero in the Zero series is dead, so Capcom's gonna have to pull some crazy -

*remembers X6*

Oh, nevermind. I think doing Powered Up 2 for the vita or something would be neat, but I'm not sure how well just re-hashing the entire X series would go. Maybe just up until X3. Because if they touch X4 with it's amazing voice acting I will cry

Actually, they'd have do X2-6. Basically, because of the massive rewrite in the Zero series that resulted because of X6, they wanted to rewrite X-X6 to make it seem logical in terms of the X series, and make everything all sparkly and logical again. It just never sold well enough to carry on as a project.

Well, if you're looking at the series, the only reason 9 and 10 came out, it was basically because they were done in the old style, and it was significantly inexpensive for them to develop such a game (very backdated graphics and engine, virtual console releases) and the payoff was huge as the fanbase was foaming at the mouth for older throwbacks to the Blue Bomber. They kind of left Inafune chomping at the bit and basically made him irritated by halting all development of Mega Man games until he really just got fed up and left. Who knows if something like, say, Legends 3 will ever see the light of day.

Especially with him gone, it is difficult to see stuff come out. Mega Man was sort of like his child. Though, people say with him gone, everything is hopeless. However, there is one important thing people overlook: With games like MvC3 releasing Zero as a character, and costumes constantly teasing at Mega Man, people are speculating that they are actually unable to use Mega Man due to him leaving. HOWEVER, Mega Man (classic) was designed by someone else, and the first time that Inafune actually made the character design was with Zero and X. So, I suppose there is still hope.

I think with the way Capcom runs things, though, they really don't want to put money in it. You can see that with the release of "Street Fighter x Mega Man". A fan creation that was endorsed by Capcom and released by them, as they hired the person working on the personal project to develop it for them. To us, it looks like Capcom caring about the community, but honestly, I think they're just cheap and lazy. I still encourage them to let the community participate though. There's just the good and bad about it, you know?

I wonder what they'd choose to extend at this point, though.

I want a new series, but a continuation would be fine too. They could do both if they made a series with Lan's son as the protagonist! (His name eludes me at the moment.) That would be the game to restore my faith in Capcom. Just, please... no day one DLC.

Also, bring back Bass.EXE. Searchman, too. Oh man, how cool would that be.

... Sigh. It's about as likely as Atlantis suddenly appearing in the sky and dropping dinosaurs with laser eyes into Rhode Island, to be sure, but one can hope.

Goodness I miss Megaman.

They really dropped the ball with this franchise which has the potential to be really great still.
I played early Megaman all the way until Megman Starforce 2. Starforce was an OK series but it really brought nothing to the table other than better communication and graphics. I loved the Battle Network series to no end (My favorite series) but I do also love the originals.

Back