Pokemon The most iconic music from a pokemon game!

reshiramdude

Maybe I'm just...
I just really want to know what the most iconic music is to you?

Mine is Mt. Moon in Fire Red and also the bike theme.

Moved to The Pokémon World. Even though the music in particular you're discussing is from the games, this is a bit of a better fit.

As for what's most iconic to me... Almost everything, I really couldn't choose a few.

reshiramdude said:
and also the bike theme.
Every generation has it's own bike theme, do you mean the first one?

Most iconic... route 1? Kanto GYM leader? Nah. Poké Center.

Best music... dunno. I really like for example:
- Lacunosa Town (definitely my favourite)
- Castelia City
- Driftveil City
- Village Bridge
- Wild Pokémon Battle (BW)
- Legendary Pokémon Battle (BW)
- Dark Cave / Ice Path (HGSS / GSC)
- Ecruteak City (HGSS)
- Ho-Oh Battle Theme (HGSS)
- Lance Battle Theme (HG/SS)
- Giratina Battle Theme (Pt)
I just realized I'm gonna list too much. So I just say Lacunosa Town.

The Pokemon Main Theme is music that's iconic for me.
Also Blue's and Cynthia champion themes is one I'm extremely familiarized with.

I really like the music when a team rocket member spots you in GSC.
And the trainer theme from RBY
and the rival Battle from GSC.
Theres quite a few. Pokemon has some real good music :)

Actually, I really only like the Mystery Dungeon music, in Red/Blue where your in snowy forests, mainly.

Lets see, I actually can't chose between two of them! :D
They are:
N's Castle Theme (Can't belive no one chose this yet) from Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version
*and*
Team Rocket Grunt Battle Theme from Pokemon HeartGold Version and Pokemon SoulSilver Version

The Team Rocket Battle Theme was pretty darn neat how they remixed it. I like the way that the electric guitar was used.

If you want to count the entire Pokemon franchise, then by far the Pokemon Center is the iconic theme - even more so than the title screen. If you love it as much as I do, then jam to it.

As for individual games? Let's see:

RBY: Against the gym leader, definitely. Route 1 is a close second.
GSC: Probably against Lance or Red, but the Kanto Leader was pretty famous in its own right. Although, there was that Suicune track...
RSE: You can't pick just one. No really, you can't pick just one. But if I had to, I'd probably pick the champion music, with the Aqua/Magma Leader a close second.
FRLG: When you fight Blue. The overdrive remix made it all worthwhile.
DP: The sweeping piano intro right before you fight Cynthia, or maybe the Dialga/Palkia fight scene music. Or for those particularly daring, one of the Galactic songs might strike you as iconic.
Platinum: Giratina. No questions asked.
HGSS: You can't pick just one. No really, you can't pick just one. But if I had to, I'd probably pick Route 47/48.
BW: I think it's worth it just to listen how the tracks subtly change in between seasons. I'd say VS Gym Leader ranks high on the list, though.
PMD1: Seriously, it's Sky Tower. Nothing else represents the game nearly as well.
PMD2: The Primal Dialga was really the iconic one. A lot of them were great, but that's just the pinnacle.

Yeah, I included YT links for all of them. Aren't I nice?

To me, the bike music from GSC represents the series in general because it's so iconic, but that's probably because the first video game I ever played was Pokemon Silver version.

The Rival battle music from Black and White. I heard a lot of people hate it, but it's so catchy and so suiting at the same time.

Mr. Tea said:
The Rival battle music from Black and White Bowser's Inside Story. I heard a lot of people hate it, but it's so catchy and so suiting at the same time.

I fixed it for you :D

Seriously, that's all I can think of when listening to that track and what game it must have come from.

Also I forgot GSC bike theme; I feel so silly now.

... nobody here has mentioned the Lavender Town Theme? Seriously? That song used to make me want to get out of that town asap when I was a kid, but now I adore the song. I have about three remixes of the song, like a dubstep version, on my iPod. It's that meaningful to me. It's one of the most iconic songs in the series.

It doesn't sound that bad in reverse either.

I did consider the Lavender Town theme, yes. However, the song is so utterly silly that I couldn't find any reason to justify adding it, especially when the GSC version is far superior (it's actually sad, and not just a bunch of beeping) - and in the case of GSC, there are far better tracks out there.

TDL said:
... nobody here has mentioned the Lavender Town Theme? Seriously? That song used to make me want to get out of that town asap when I was a kid, but now I adore the song. I have about three remixes of the song, like a dubstep version, on my iPod. It's that meaningful to me. It's one of the most iconic songs in the series.

It doesn't sound that bad in reverse either.

I would've, (Heard it SO many times on YouTube) but, it's actually scary. VERY scary. I dunno. Maybe something's wrong with my head. Maybe I'm insane. Maybe I'm an alien that dislikes scary beeping noises in a random order. But that song, that very song, it's just scary... :(

Most iconic song is either Route 1 or Pokemon Center. Route 1 is symbolic of the journey the player has, and the first step on Route 1 is like "Woah, I'm actually starting my adventure". Pokemon Center is really catchy, and is especially awesome if mixed right (When I heard it in Brawl, I was like "This is the Pokemon Center song?"). Honorable mention to Gen.2's Lavender Town for being uber depressing.

That said, I absolutely love Black and White's Elite Four battle music, RSE's Elite Four battle music, Violet City, Azalea Town and Lilycove City.

@DNA: I actually have to disagree. The GSC version had a more cheerful sound. This is probably to reflect how much more peaceful the town is since the events of RBY.

not just a bunch of beeping

Huh, I thought all music on the gameboy was like that. It's just four continuous looping beeps. They go well with the song's beat imo, so it's not like they totally soil the song.

@Mudkip4321: It's supposed to be scary (not really, more like sad) given the history of the town and the events that transpired from Team Rocket's actions.

TDL said:
@DNA: I actually have to disagree. The GSC version had a more cheerful sound. This is probably to reflect how much more peaceful the town is since the events of RBY.

Huh, I thought all music on the gameboy was like that. It's just four continuous looping beeps. They go well with the song's beat imo, so it's not like they totally soil the song.

GSC was definitely more cheerful than RBY's was supposed to be, yes, but I also can't help but feel that it conveys an aura of sadness with it as well. HGSS captured this feel quite well, I believe.

The beeping doesn't spoil Lavender Town's song, yes, but there isn't really much more to it. I just can't grasp how people can find the RBY Lavender Town scary at all, really. I don't find it sad, either. I just feel it's like...like nothing.

To be honest, they were only a few tracks that were good in the more recent games.
B/W had the 'vs Blue' remix and the credits theme but there wasn't anything else that made me turn the volume up.
HG/SS remixes were fantastic, I really loved them but always had the GB music in my select slot.
D/P/P had no memorable tracks from what I remember. Giratina...maybe. Again, the OST is lifeless and forgettable.
LG/FR were probably the best remixes, had my headphones and volume at full blast every time I played it.
R/S/E I never played to a great extent, nor have I listened to any of the tracks.
R/B/Y/G/S/C all nostalgic, memorable and fitting tracks. The best games for Pokemon design, simplicity and soundtrack.
I'd happily listen to all that 6-bit goodness.

- Route 1
- vs. Rival
- Pallet
- Viridian
- Pewter
- Cerulean
- Celadon
- Bike theme
- Lavender
- Gym fights
- Team Rocket
- vs. Final Rival

DNA said:
The beeping doesn't spoil Lavender Town's song, yes, but there isn't really much more to it. I just can't grasp how people can find the RBY Lavender Town scary at all, really. I don't find it sad, either. I just feel it's like...like nothing.

Lavender is probably my favorite track in the originals. It's more striking if anything. "Nothing" is a very good adjective to describe it, everything else like Route 1 and the safe havens of the town just seem to be non-existent in Lavender. It makes you feel lost, lonely and being watched. And with a huge tower filled with ghosts of dead Pokemon makes the track even more of a gut punch.

This doesn't sound like a track in a game that is aimed at the 3+ audience.

Back