DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

chefz11, Struggle means they've run out of PP for each of their moves, and they have to use the attack "Struggle", which causes heavy recoil damage. So, just make sure they don't use it, especially at 1 HP, or they'll faint.

they can be, but the legendaries have a big chance of breaking free. I know cause i wasted about 10:p

When you trade Pokemon, it disobeys the new trainer if you haven't got the required gym badges, but if you trade it back to the original trainer will it obey it?

Yeah, it should obey it, only if you have the required Gym Badges in that game too.

dmaster out.

Trading also negates happiness points trained on the traded Poké, so don't trade it if you're trying for a friendship evolution.

Can someone explain to me what are legal hacks? Thanks!

Legal Hacks are hacks that are made within the standard parameters of the game; it really just means you can't be bothered to get X value in Y amount of time. They're pretty much just shortcuts.

I believe that I read somewhere that there is a person in the game that will tell you what type of Hidden Power type your Pokemon has. Is it true? If so, where is the person?

I don't think it would, but it does tell you a certain characteristic about an IV the Pokemon holds. Or was that just the part under Nature?

I'll sound stupid aking it, but what is STAB? Everyone always says it, and I've looked for what it means before. Nothing.

Please answer and thanks for your time. :]

STAB is the damage boost from a Pokemon using an attack that's the same type. ie Charizard gets STAB when using Flamethrower.

(It isn't that stupid trust me.)

It stands for Same Type Attack Bonus IIRC. Moves are boosted by 1.5x or 2x (can't remember) if you use a move that is the same type as the Pokemon using it.

dmaster out;.

Musical said:
I believe that I read somewhere that there is a person in the game that will tell you what type of Hidden Power type your Pokemon has. Is it true? If so, where is the person?

Yes, the person who tells you what type Hidden Power will be is in the coin exchange building. This is also where the TM Hidden Power can be obtained.

Thank you. That's a gigantic help.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot my other question. Is The Hidden Power type affected by EVs?

Okay thanks for the help, I always thought it was "Same Type Added Bonus" but that just sounded flat out stupid (but I wasn't that far off I guess.)

Oh, and I know it's x1.5 already, I just wanted to know what the letters meant. Anyway thanks again. :]

Forgive me for being dumb, but how do you soft-reset in DPt? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance!

To soft reset, just press L+R+Start+Select.

I'm still playing the story in Platinum (I got it a little late) and I haven't beat the Elite four yet. I went down to the basement of Vielstone's department store to see a counter for "Rare Candy Bars" Can you buy these after you beat the elite for, do they have the same affect as rare candies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back