DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

I believe that the lowest level hovers somewhere around 38. I know Bulbapedia has the exact figure, so you can look there.

I feel like such a champ for one, posting here, and two, the question I'm about to ask.

How do you wake the sleeping Snorlax in Heart Gold? :3 I forgot how and don't feel like trying to figure it out myself. I also don't feel like doing the obvious, easy thing and ask Google so I'm leaving it up to the wonderful members of Pokebeach. ^.^

You need to find the Machine Part and present it to the guy at the Power Plant. Once you've fixed the Magnet Train, go to Lavender Town's radio tower and obtain the Expansion Card (EXPN Card) so you can get Kanto radio.

Then, go over to where the Snorlax is, save your game, open your radio up, then move the little dot to the top of the sphere. The Poke Flute will play. Talk to the Snorlax to battle it; it's at level 50.

Catch it. It's holding Leftovers.

Can anyone tell me what RNG's all about, how and what is done in order to hunt for shinies? Lately i've been trading some shinies with some guy and he says that the pokes are from RNGing. Firstly I thought that RNGing is the nickname for chaining pokes with the radar method, but he sobered me and said that these are different methods... IS RNG CONSIDERED AS CHEATING LIKE CLONING?

Firstly I thought that RNGing is the nickname for chaining pokes with the radar method
You're mistaken, actually. RNG means "Random Number Generator". It involves manipulating the pseudo-RNG of your game to have you encounter Pokemon with near-optimal IVs, usually done by things such as changing the date on the DS and using the coin flip app on the Poketch.

Here's the collection of info on RNG, for your perusal. In Gen 4, it requires you to know your secret ID (usually done by acquiring a shiny Pokemon). In Gen 5 I don't think you need your secret ID but I might be mistaken.

RNG isn't considered cheating as you are not actually using a cheat device. I don't believe cloning counts as cheating either because you're just copying an existing Pokemon down to the last detail. I've played with cloned Pokemon before and they pass a hack check (so long as they don't have any blatant hacks).

DNA said:
In Gen 4, it requires you to know your secret ID (usually done by acquiring a shiny Pokemon).

It's also obtainable with methods using the lotto and your starter's IVs.

In Gen 5 I don't think you need your secret ID but I might be mistaken.

Yeah, your Secret ID is only for getting shinies in Gen V. Unfortunately, that requires AR hacking.

RNG isn't considered cheating as you are not actually using a cheat device.

Yeah, true for the majority of the time. Some believe abusing an in-game feature is cheating, but most don't as there's no direct interface with the game.

I don't believe cloning counts as cheating either because you're just copying an existing Pokemon down to the last detail. I've played with cloned Pokemon before and they pass a hack check (so long as they don't have any blatant hacks).

When comparing the code of the Pokemon, there aren't any differences and it's all usually tournament legal. But since most cloning methods require interfacing with a flash cart or AR, many consider it cheating when trading, at least without prior notice.

When you get the odd egg in crystal, i know it has a high chance of being shiny. Can i soft reset right before it hatches for shininess or do I have to do that when you actually get the egg?

I believe you have to reset it before you get it-I think that all it's stats, gender, Shininess etc. are decided then.

In HGSS when you recieve the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina via Arceus in the SinJoh ruins, what type of RNG seed would that be, since I have a feeling that it's not a standard seed.

Hello im starting Pokemon Gold Again what do you reckon my party should be by the 3rd Gym and the lv I want ideas on what pokemon to have

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Hello im starting Pokemon Gold Again what do you reckon my party should be by the 3rd Gym and the lv I want ideas on what pokemon to have

Whitney...

I typically picked Totodile in that game, and he was a level 20+ Croconaw by the time I got to Whitney, and proceeded to spam Bite in hopes of a flinch ending her Rollout chain. A common method I did (and used in Heartgold) was to get a Pokemon with Sand Attack up to a high enough level and spam the attack when Miltank goes out.

Your Pokemon should be around level 15-20 by the time you get to Whitney, preferably higher, of course.

Ok thank you and I chose Totodile could you post on my thread My Pokemon Gold Quest please thank you.

Some people have taken to using Gastly against Whitney. He can use Hypnosis to stop it cold, and Rollout is the only move that can hit him...and even that is shaky.
Plus, you get giant payoffs later with Haunter. (Why do I not say Gengar? Good luck finding a trade partner, unless you have two GBCs and a GBC link cable.) Or if you just want to use Gastly for that purpose only, be my guest.

(You usually use Hypnosis and then switch Gastly out, because Gastly can't do much to Miltank either.)

ThatPokemonCollector said:

1. Fearow
2. That's it.

...I may be a bit biased, but on my runs of Gold (which are always train-only-one-Pokemon-because-it's-easy-and-fun), I've always used Fearow. Pick up a Spearow on Route 46 very early in the game, train it, train it, train it (especially on Sprout Tower) and enjoy you awesome bird that can only be brought down by Jasmine. Stupid Jasmine.

But, er, yeah, you might want Totodile.

Ok well so far I have

Totodile and Hoothoot

Im getting a team that I like aswell as strong

I like noctowl which is why I chose Hoothoot

Red Striker said:
In HGSS when you recieve the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina via Arceus in the SinJoh ruins, what type of RNG seed would that be, since I have a feeling that it's not a standard seed.

Does anybody have the answer to this?

I'm thinking of doing a Nuzlocke Run, but I can't decide which version to do it on, or who the starter should be

Has anyone here tried SRing for a shiny starter on Fire Red/Leaf Green, if so how long did it take you? I'm currently on my 1200th SR -.- Trying to get a shiny for my Nuzlocke Challenge/Fan-Fiction, links in my sig if you want to check it out.

I could always go test this myself later when I have time, but I might as well ask here to see if anyone's done it already. It concerns the Mew glitch in RBY.

I've perused the level-up sets of a few Pokemon, usually Stage 1s, and I've noticed the first move(s) that they learn by level-up are learned at a level that is later than 1. (This is according to a web source so it might not be totally correct, but moving on.)

So let's say I use the Mew glitch to encounter that Pokemon at level 7. Will it know any moves, and if so, which ones? Or does it just use Struggle or something forever?

Stage 1-2 Pokemon caught below the level they learn a legitimate move will know the first 4 attacks that the basic stage would know.

For example, Charizard at level 7 would know Scratch, Growl, Ember, and Leer, in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back