DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P Questions and Answers Thread

Doc Savage said:
say you're in a double battle, your pokemon are mr mime and some other one. Say the other pokemon falls asleep, could Mr.Mime use wake-up slap on your other pokemon to wake it up?:p

Also, I caught Giratina using a timer ball on the 2nd turn, is this win?

Yes, you should be able to Wake-up Slap your own Pokémon and wake it up (unless it's a Ghost-Type, of course).

As for the Giratina... It's just luck.

ok I just got a Darkrai in a trade. How do i tell if my data is corrupt? a freind told me it could be corrupt if the pokemon wasnt hacked properly, and I can't wifi battle/trade anymore. this really freaks me out. i dont want to have to restart my game!:(

Doc Savage said:
ok I just got a Darkrai in a trade. How do I tell if my data is corrupt? a freind told me it could be corrupt if the pokemon wasnt hacked properly, and I can't wifi battle/trade anymore. this really freaks me out. I don't want to have to restart my game!:(

hacked Pokémon cannot damage your game at all, as far as I've been told.

Really? awesome :D even if they did, I read that when a darkrai is 40, it wasnt hacked - the way to GET to him was hacked. he is legit :D

thank you:) (im having a wonderful time at these forums!)

no problem, I have a 2 level 40 Darkrai as well, one from an American game and a Japanese one. I got them both using the walk through walls hack, but they are legitimate.

andyy said:
no problem, I have a 2 level 40 Darkrai as well, one from an American game and a Japanese one. I got them both using the walk through walls hack, but they are legitimate.

wow 2? cool

Back on topic, what can I do with the incenses besides making pokemon hold them?

Doc Savage said:
andyy said:

wow 2? cool

Back on topic, what can I do with the incenses besides making pokemon hold them?

Incenses can be held by Pokémon for breeding purposes, as well as providing in-battle and overworld effects.

A list of the breeding purposes and effects of each Incense can be found here.

You can't do anything besides have them hold them. They're hold items. They each have their own effect, as well as being used for breeding purposes.

Sea Incense: Boosts power of Water-type moves by 5%, produces Azurill egg when held by Marill/Azumarill and bred.
Lax Incense: Increases Evasion by 5%, produces Wynaut egg when held by Wobbuffet and bred.
Full Incense: Forces holder to move last in battle, produces Munchlax egg when held by Snorlax and bred.
Luck Incense: Doubles money recieved from winning battles [Does not stack with Amulet Coin], produces Happiny egg when held by Chansey/Blissey and bred.
Odd Incense: Boosts power of Psychic-type moves by 20%, produces Mime Jr. egg when held by Mr. Mime and bred.
Pure Incense: Lowers Wild Pokémon encounter rate, produces Chingling egg when held by Chimecho and bred.
Rock Incense: Raises power of Rock-type moves by 20%, produces Bonsly egg when held by Sudowoodo and bred.
Rose Incense: Raises power of Grass-type moves by 20%, produces Budew egg when held by Roselia/Roserade and bred.
Wave Incense: Raises power of Water-type moves by 20%, produces Mantyke egg when held by Mantine and bred.

Yep, same as D/P. Move Deleter in Canalave.

dmaster out.

This really needs to get used for simple questions.

I've really been lenient on this matter, but I've been seeing a large influx of easy, answerable questions getting turned into threads.

Example: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=51208

How many Ev's do you get for each pokemon?
I can't find the thread on Ev's. Could someone give me a link to the thread.

AronTrainer

RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

i need to train my houndoom for elite 4, any suggestions of were i can train? victory road is hard since there's so many graveler and onix

I'd suggest the Route before Snowpoint. It has fairly high levels there, and you'll OHKO them with strong Fire moves.

dmaster out.

ahhhhh forgot about snowpoint, and those level 40 somehtin abomasnow on the mountain

can you give help on how to catch the roving legends mine are all down to one hp(false swipe) and asleep and I have thrown a million quick balls but I still can not catch them!

chefz11, I would suggest using Wobbuffet, as its Shadow Tag keeps the roaming legendaries from running. If they're already on 1 HP, then just keep tossing Ultra Balls and Timer Balls until you catch them. However, if you keep them from running too long, they'll run out of PP and have to Struggle, so be careful of that.

well the way I caught them is, I didnt have any pokemon that could keep them from running, luckily, the legendaries keep all damage/ status problems till you make it faint. and it was just a matter of whittling it down for an ultra ball:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back