BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

No, the Black Belt inside The Riches' house.

He also takes flutes.

Just curious, but what do you guys immediately after beating the game? I almost got creamed by some lady and her level 76 Rapidash or whatever the second I beat the game the first time because I wasn't expecting it. Going from low 50s to mid to high 60s in 2 battles is pretty nuts.

So am I missing something? Is there some place I can fight that has trained Pokemon in the 50-60 range? Or do you guys just grind wild Pokemon on the postgame routes and suck it up vs the trainers?

^nope thats just how it is. the great chasm has mid 50's in the single grass and mid 60's in the double grass. also if you have black in the black city the people have poke from 30-61 (there is only one guy with a lvl 61 ludicolo but the rest are low levels) and you can face them every day. but other than that the learning curve gets jacked up after you win the game

Yeah just grind wild Pokemon.It helps me a lot.

I went through it with my team, I never lost to any of the trainers. I ditched a few of my Pokemon and grabbed an Axew and Litwik, and I just gave them Exp Shares until they evolved. Then I just finished the rest of the game with a Haxorus, a Chandelure, and 3 HM Slaves. Now both of those guys are lv90.

Why do you have 3 HM slaves with you!?How do you get to Abundant Shrine?

I just beat the trainers like anywhere else, but usually I got really lucky and my lead had a super effective move on theirs.

But back in the Japanese version, I was glued to PokéEarth until my Pokémon were in the high 50's.

Umbreon/Espeon said:
How do you get to Abundant Shrine?
From Undella Town, head south. Go up a set of two waterfalls, and south onto a patch of land. Head west past a hiker (I believe one of the sages is there too) and then down two more waterfalls. Head west and you'll be there.

I had 3 HM Slaves because I went through the Post Game with 2 actual battling Pokemon. They would get up to a high level soon enough, and even before that when they were level 50ish they could still beat 65's easily.

The Abundant Shrine is in Route 14. You need to have Surf and Waterfall, I believe. Just go up the Waterfalls until you find the right one.

Ohhhhhh thank you. Do you know where to get Waterfall?

route 18. its on the ground all the way to the left and down so to be technical all the way west till you get to the water and then south till you hit the southwest corner...there is also a sage there

Oh yeah... my brother went there before,and he got Waterfall....Thanks guys.

Okay, here's something I'd like to know:

My Serperior knows Dragon Tail. I was training in the Relic Castle, and I was fighting Yamask and Sandile, along with their evolved forms. I used Dragon Tail against them, and the battle didn't end. later tested it out against Sandslash and Onix in the lower levels, and the same effect.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, I don't think I ever caught Mummy from the Yamask line, either.

Ok wow so that whole Rock Vs Electric thing from the previous page or two just blew my mind. This whole time I though Geodude was a pure rock type along with Onix and everyone else who didn't look like a ground type.

But that leaves me with Tranquil. Why arn't rock attacks super effective on it? It's a bird so it should be super effective. I'm sure Pidgey Hoothoot and all those other birds were weak against rock type moves. Man this game is making me lose my mind.

Can you battle Cynthia again after you battle her for the first time?

^Yes. You can battle her every day, once a day in the spring.

@Green
The effect of swapping out doesn't work in the wild or against the last Pokemon on a team.

I don't know if this has been asked already.

I know you can transfer Pokemon to B/W two ways: the Relocator, and Poke Transfer. Here's my question:

In regards to the legendary beasts and Celebi, do they have to be transferred via Relocator to activate their events, or will Poke Transfer work as well?

Back