BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

gibsongirl13 said:
Question.. I have Black... friend has white... we do the link thing so we can visit each others cities so that friend in White can find "new" pokemon to trade me that I cant find in Black... thing is... all he ever finds in his forest are gastly, magby, seedot, shinx, and slakoth.... we have read and read guides about taking to the ppl in each others cities... they keep saying to talk to ppl and they will migrate over to each others cities and the baby forms of the trainers will appear in white forest... i have the chic with the Blissey in my black city but NO happiny in showing up in white forest... and no ponds either for water pokemon.... am getting very fed up with it and no luck on GTS cause everyone trading pokemon that i want are asking for legendaries for simple pokemon which is mind boggling and to be honest extremely greedy !!! I would have traded over my pokemon from Diamond except I cant find my diamond so I am stuck looking on GTS or go without some of my fave's. Any help with getting the trainers to change or what we are doing wrong... thanks

I'd guess you have to do it with more than one person. Not the same person with the same White over and over again.

The NPCs that taken over between Black City and White Forest are the same NPCs. You're basically giving your NPC to another person, so if it's just the two of you swapping NPCs, the Pokemon you see aren't going to change.

If you want other ones, go find other people.

I just wanted to know how to trade and battle with friends online. As I have tried so many times to trade with people from the internet but to no avail.

Do I need both their name and their FC, or just their code? And is your name the name of your ingame character? Or is it different, and how do you change your online name?

And like to trade, do you go to the union room, or the middle person? And for the middle person in the health centre, are you just meant to go to the TV, click 'trade' and then you should be able to find your registered friend? As it never works :/

Well for one it the fact your friend doesn't have the person who can summon happiny unlike me i'm suck with happiny,rhydon,lotad,hoppid,and some few other when I really want is the pokemon trapinch and begon for the evovle forms but all you need to is to extralink with some with the person can summon happiny like me for example

Whitewolf said:
Well for one it the fact your friend doesn't have the person who can summon happiny unlike me i'm suck with happiny,rhydon,lotad,hoppid,and some few other when I really want is the pokemon trapinch and begon for the evovle forms but all you need to is to extralink with some with the person can summon happiny like me for example

Well if I can get this trade thing to work, want to trade Trapinch for Happiny? As I've got 10 types of pokemon in my forest, but no happiny's :(

OK, i havent actually done Wifi trading in 5th gen so, Im gonna you the facts I know from fourth

To trade you both need the others FC, it makes it easy.

You put in a name for them on your pal pad if you dont get it from meeting them, this name has nothing to do with your trading.

Go to the counter i the middle (I think) and trade over wifi, you then must both be on and connected to the internet.

SpaceBehemoth said:
OK, i havent actually done Wifi trading in 5th gen so, Im gonna you the facts I know from fourth

You put in a name for them on your pal pad if you don't get it from meeting them, this name has nothing to do with your trading.

Go to the counter i the middle (I think) and trade over wifi, you then must both be on and connected to the internet.

Thanks, so I guess I was just ditched online then! -.- Have you got a Happiny by any chance (on black/white) that I could battle/trade?

SpaceBehemoth said:
You put in a name for them on your pal pad if you don't get it from meeting them, this name has nothing to do with your trading.
This is exactly how it works. Trading in 5th Gen is almost identical to the 4th. The room you're in is also the room used in Plat-HGSS games. After you do a certain amount of trades, though, the room will double in size.

Trading itself is a bit different - be it wirelessly or online, you can even trade directly from your box, which is a great convenience. You can show up to 3 Pokemon, and your opponent can do the same. (You'll need to hit Yes both times when it prompts you.) When you have shown all the Pokemon you're willing to trade, you hit the pink trade icon in the bottom right.

Then you're taken to a trade window. Each player picks exactly 1 Pokemon on the opponent's side, and the swap begins (after both people confirm that it's okay). This is the only thing really bad about 5th gen trading - it's STILL one-for-one, even though the screen gives you the impression that it can be up to three-for-three.

DNA said:
SpaceBehemoth said:
This is exactly how it works. Trading in 5th Gen is almost identical to the 4th. The room you're in is also the room used in Plat-HGSS games. After you do a certain amount of trades, though, the room will double in size.

Trading itself is a bit different - be it wirelessly or online, you can even trade directly from your box, which is a great convenience. You can show up to 3 Pokemon, and your opponent can do the same. (You'll need to hit Yes both times when it prompts you.) When you have shown all the Pokemon you're willing to trade, you hit the pink trade icon in the bottom right.

Then you're taken to a trade window. Each player picks exactly 1 Pokemon on the opponent's side, and the swap begins (after both people confirm that it's okay). This is the only thing really bad about 5th gen trading - it's STILL one-for-one, even though the screen gives you the impression that it can be up to three-for-three.

Ahh okay, where can you get this button to press to take you into the trade window? And how do you connect with the other pokemon trainer? Is there like a loading phase, and you choose between the players that are online?

And also, I've never understood the touchscreen bit, what does it do? Like there are those 3 different sections..

cajunwarrior said:
Whitewolf said:
Well if I can get this trade thing to work, want to trade Trapinch for Happiny? As I've got 10 types of pokemon in my forest, but no happiny's :(
Sure

DNA said:
SpaceBehemoth said:

Actually, the room increases in size when you add an FC to a new page of your Pal Pad.

Well, first you and the other guy need each other's Friend Codes; then when both of you are online at the same time, one of you will set up an Invite (to Trade, Battle, or whatever), and the other of you accepts the Invite. After that, do what I said to do in regards to the trade screen itself.

As for the 'touchscreen bit' I assume you are referring to the C-Gear, with the IR, Wireless, and Online sections.

IR is for quick trades/battles between 2 people that are close by (that have certain restrictions, which you will be informed of), as well as Feeling Checks (which get you some interesting items) and FC Exchange (which I have been told is instantaneous).

Wireless refers to the Entralink, where you can connect to other players that also have their C-Gears on (you can do missions this way to gain Pass Orbs and make your Entree grow), and also for audio and video communication with other DSs via "Xtransceiver". The video bit can't be done on DS Lite or older, and tbh I don't see the point of the Xtransceiver since it's still interaction with people within 30 feet of you.

The Online button has one option - Game Sync - and it's used for accessing the Pokemon Dream World. You can send a Pokemon with Game Sync once per day (you can take back your Pokemon more than once per day, though), and when a Pokemon is sent you can access the Dream World via its website (pokemon-gl.com) and earn DW points, and also take back items and Pokemon which have different abilities - for example, Gligar's DW ability is Immunity, and when it evolves into Gliscor, it will become Poison Heal.

If you have any further questions regarding any of this, please say so.

DNA said:
Well, first you and the other guy need each other's Friend Codes; then when both of you are online at the same time, one of you will set up an Invite (to Trade, Battle, or whatever), and the other of you accepts the Invite. After that, do what I said to do in regards to the trade screen itself.

As for the 'touchscreen bit' I assume you are referring to the C-Gear, with the IR, Wireless, and Online sections.

IR is for quick trades/battles between 2 people that are close by (that have certain restrictions, which you will be informed of), as well as Feeling Checks (which get you some interesting items) and FC Exchange (which I have been told is instantaneous).

Wireless refers to the Entralink, where you can connect to other players that also have their C-Gears on (you can do missions this way to gain Pass Orbs and make your Entree grow), and also for audio and video communication with other DSs via "Xtransceiver". The video bit can't be done on DS Lite or older, and tbh I don't see the point of the Xtransceiver since it's still interaction with people within 30 feet of you.

The Online button has one option - Game Sync - and it's used for accessing the Pokemon Dream World. You can send a Pokemon with Game Sync once per day (you can take back your Pokemon more than once per day, though), and when a Pokemon is sent you can access the Dream World via its website (pokemon-gl.com) and earn DW points, and also take back items and Pokemon which have different abilities - for example, Gligar's DW ability is Immunity, and when it evolves into Gliscor, it will become Poison Heal.

If you have any further questions regarding any of this, please say so.

Erm how can you invite someone to trade?

When you actually log on to Nintendo WFC (in the center desk), you'll go to a room. There's an electronic board on the far wall. Go to that board to set up the invite.
Then you wait for the other guy to accept the invite.

Ok you see that screen in the wifi club you click that there will pop up are some choice extraceiver,voice chat,battle,and trade to invite some to trade first you will need their friend code and the other person will need your so I can't trade a happiny without your friend code

Whitewolf said:
cajunwarrior said:
Whitewolf said:
Sure

I'm 'searching' for you, in the middle trade thing woman, but can't find you. Do you need my FC? It's 5458 0785 2874

Following what DNA said, if the other person is inviting people to trade/battle, their character will start jumping in place. Walk up to them and accept their trade/battle request.

Whitewolf said:
Ok you see that screen in the wifi club you click that there will pop up are some choice extraceiver,voice chat,battle,and trade to invite some to trade first you will need their friend code and the other person will need your so I can't trade a happiny without your friend code

My FC is 5458 0785 2874, I've added you, but can't find you.

Yep so are you ready to trade?

And there you got and sorry about anything else you might have heard since I am watching t.v

Back