BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

But its different in the way that you encounter and battle it as a wild pokemon. Thats the difference hes pointing out

My apologies, should've specified; "event" in the context used refers to Wonder Card Pokémon, as opposed to "special" Pokémon, denoting normally unobtainable Pokémon (that was the definition used by Nintendo, though "event" is often substituted in colloquialisms). Victini is generated via the same math as any old wild Pokémon, as SB said, instead of a Wonder Card method (receiving it from a delivery man, etc.), of course the key difference being that it's more specifically a "stationary legendary," for the fact that no extraneous environmental factors affect the process of the Pokémon being generated (i.e. tall grass).

Thanks Gary, useful and knowledgeable as always. Albeit I still don't get the Victini concept, probably just trollin' as you said lol

I think gary was pointing out why it doesnt make sense if that makes you understand better

5dallas5 said:
I have a question... I am having a hard time deciding the starter I wanna choose? Which is the best starter overall?

I chose Oshawott cuz he is the most "balanced" of the starters in my opinion.

P.S. Samurott can learn Megahorn!! Wheee!!

SkyeVictini said:
5dallas5 said:
I have a question... I am having a hard time deciding the starter I wanna choose? Which is the best starter overall?

I chose Oshawott cuz he is the most "balanced" of the starters in my opinion.

P.S. Samurott can learn Megahorn!! Wheee!!
Cuz you know, he didn't post that in October or anything.

The only way to get a pokemon with dream world ability at the moment is by befriending them in dream world and well you know the rest

Does anyone have any idea of when the starter events (any of them) are coming to the US? Im checkign serebii constantly, and Im pissed off they arent here yet.

SpaceBehemoth said:
Does anyone have any idea of when the starter events (any of them) are coming to the US? Im checkign serebii constantly, and Im mad off they arent here yet.

You could always get the Japanese versions though...

(I assume you mean the DW events.)

How do you erase your save file on a game? I'm trying to restart my Black but once I try to save, it dosen't let me.

Pretty sure it's the same way you do it on any 4th gen game: Go to the title screen (in this case, the screen with Reshiram/Zekrom visible), then hold down B, Select, and Up.

You'll be taken to the save deletion screen and asked to confirm twice. Then you can restart after your save file is erased.

On Pkm White, is there any easy way to get a shiny?

Use the Masuda Method(where you breed 2 Pokemon from different regions, eg. an English Solosis with a Japanese Ditto), where the chance of getting a Shiny is 1 in about 1300(don't know the exact chance), or RNG, which is a complicated process of abusing the game's random number generator(see where RNG comes from?) to hatch shinies. If you need more help, PM me or post in the RNG Q + A thread(if you do want to RNG).

I'm rank 4 right now, but I'm not entirely sure how ranking up works. I'm going to guess that winning lots of battles increases your rank, but this is just an assumption.

ok thanks cuz i have been searching a long time for a way to rank up and have found nothing

Is there any point other than a hint to Kyurem in Lacunosa town? I know there a few dowsing machine items but otherwise is there any other reason to go there?
-Thanks

Back