The Spriting Clan

has this thread helped improved your spriting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The back (red) Heatran leg needs to be recoloured Purple, Can I do what I can to fix it up a bit?

Just made this Rapidash revamp.
th_Rapidash.png

The flames were a pain to make.

I tried to fix up our Fusion, and this is what I got, Heatran was hard

---[Old]------------[New]
collabfusion.png
epicnessv27520574281-iaza.png

Is it any better?
We should call it, Mewfiftythousadfourhundredthirtyone!
Epic name...for an epic fusion

Espy, the back leg was supposed to be red -_-
I like everything else you fixed up though. I just can't wait for my computer to be fixed and give me something decent to sprite with >.>

Gardegon, besides pointing out that they're .jpg (which they are), I'll say this.

It looks like you just recolored them with the colors of the recent sprites. For a revamp, you have to completely change the shading to match recent sprites.

^Sorry 'bout the leg, it just look a bit....tacky with both different colours

But @ Gardegon, yes, they are jsut recolours, you need to completly re-shade them, and the outlines need to be coloured, here is one I did a while ago
Venusaur1936842794-iaza.png

See, The whole sprite is re-shaded, the outline is coloured (Some needs to stay black, though).
See that the black outline is one the far right, where the light doesn't touch, that's where ou are supposed to put you black outline

And for shading, the light always comes from top left, always use the lightest shade for highlights, then make the colours to darker the farther it gets from the light, this goes fr outline to, but you should only have about 1-2 coloured outlines, and black

Here is a userbar for everyone to put in their siggys
ub232165055045-iaza.png

First of all, let's say that I don't think I'm a beginner, but I'm no 'advanced' spriter, either. You be the judge, I suppose.

Name: MylesPrower
Favorite sprite you've done(post image):
20pymtv.png

Favorite Type of Spriting and why: Fusions, I love getting creative with themes, using existing elements and turning them into something new.
Best type of sprites: Fusions.
What kind of sprites do you do: Recolors, Fusions, Type Conversions, Scratch. Working on learning how to do pixel-overs.
How experienced are you: Not all that much, I've been doing it on and off for about 2 years
What program do you use: MS Paint, it seems to me like the most pixel-oriented
do u promise to be active and post comments: Sure thing.
Example of art:
16m40i8.png

I like the revamp, Espy. I'll post some of mine to see what you guys think, I guess.
Machamp_Revamp_by_Honouguma.png

Totodile_Revamp_by_Honouguma.png

Squirtle_Revamp_by_Honouguma.png

I've made others, but those are my best imo.

^Thanks ^ I really like yours too! Shiny one's shouldn't be hard, you just re-colour them X3
I'm going to order a banner for the "clan". If that's ok.

Espy said:
And for shading, the light always comes from top left, always use the lightest shade for highlights, then make the colours to darker the farther it gets from the light, this goes fr outline to, but you should only have about 1-2 coloured outlines, and black

While I do agree with most of what you're saying, the light source doesn't always have to be top-left. There are several sprites where the light source is from directly above, or from the top right. Some sprites, the light source is located directly under the sprite!

^Official sprites come from top-left.Take a look at the HG/SS sprites, all of them are top-left^

Just saying so they would look official

Awesome Alert! I got BANNERZZZZ!

spritingclan5.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/lilsparks267/Request/spritingclan5.png[/IMG]
spritingclan3.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/lilsparks267/Request/spritingclan3.png[/IMG]
spritingclan1.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/lilsparks267/Request/spritingclan1.png[/IMG]

And AVATARZZZZZ!
spritingclan6.png

spritingclan2.png

spritingclan4.png

Credit to lilsparks101!
You don't need codes for the avvys, just sam ethem to your computer
I chose Mewtwo for the banners cause that's the baseof Our Mascot, and Garchomp, well, cuz he's awesome!

MylesPrower said:
First of all, let's say that I don't think I'm a beginner, but I'm no 'advanced' spriter, either. You be the judge, I suppose.

Name: MylesPrower
Favorite sprite you've done(post image):
20pymtv.png

Favorite Type of Spriting and why: Fusions, I love getting creative with themes, using existing elements and turning them into something new.
Best type of sprites: Fusions.
What kind of sprites do you do: Recolors, Fusions, Type Conversions, Scratch. Working on learning how to do pixel-overs.
How experienced are you: Not all that much, I've been doing it on and off for about 2 years
What program do you use: MS Paint, it seems to me like the most pixel-oriented
do u promise to be active and post comments: Sure thing.
Example of art:
16m40i8.png

you are in

sorry i will not be very active for the next week or so

i have decided that we will get or make the banners and pick the top two also you can get an avatar if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back