The Spriting Clan

has this thread helped improved your spriting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PokeBlog, if you can't afford something that's free, and have to steal a sprite from someone that posts in this thread, then you're pretty bad off. :/

One of the best programs for spriting is Microsoft Paint. Unless you have a Mac, you already have that program. If you do have a Mac, download Pixen. It's free.

And after reading your signature, let me say this. If someone gave you a sprite, we wouldn't let you in. If anything, we'd let the person that made the sprite join.

squirtli said:
PokeBlog, if you can't afford something that's free, and have to steal a sprite from someone that posts in this thread, then you're pretty bad off. :/

One of the best programs for spriting is Microsoft Paint. Unless you have a Mac, you already have that program. If you do have a Mac, download Pixen. It's free.

And after reading your signature, let me say this. If someone gave you a sprite, we wouldn't let you in. If anything, we'd let the person that made the sprite join.

I just dont know if it will risk my computer. I dont know if it will. help me decide. please.

Wait, do you have a Mac or not? Because if not, then you already have the program to sprite. If you have a Mac, then dowloading Pixen is no risk. I downloaded it.

PokeBlog said:
no, i have windows

Okay, what version?
MSPaint should already be on there, unless you deleted it for some weird reason. If you can't find the icon, go to the start menu, search 'run' (without quotation marks,) click on the program that comes up, and type in 'mspaint' (again, w/o quotation marks.) It should open a new paint.

Or, if it is on there, click "Start" in the bottom left corner of your screen. Then click "Programs" in the menu that appears. Then click "Accessories". Last, click "Paint". That's the program you'll use for spriting.

ok, how do i sprite? i havent done any spriting cause well, you know. wait i need to do it start it up again.

Well, there are many kinds of spriting.

Click here for a tutorial that will teach you most of what you need to know.

I'm done. Here's my application to join the clan. took a 1 hour though, so dont say "Oh it looks bad, it looks ugly, it looks sick", just say it is good cause it's my first sprite ever. I call it: Electachu

Name: PokeBlog
Favorite sprite you've done: it's in a an attachment I dont know where it is
What kind of spites do you want to learn: I want to learn on how to splice more and more on recoloring
How experienced are you: not so much, so i need to be taught
What program will you use: Windows Paint
Example of art: in attachment
do you promise to be active and post comments: yes im always active

What do you think? I put my Favorite sprite in an attachment so i dont know where it is since i never put an attachment.

Attachments

• Pikabuzz.jpg
    Pikabuzz.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 152
ok im back guys and new topic

also do you like these
slugzer.png

slugzer
slugzershiny.png

shiny

dude I saw my name on the front page, but it says my original application. my new application is right above your post. thank you.

Pokeblog, definitely good for your first. The main thing though, is that you saved it as a .jpg. It needs to always be saved as a .png. When you save it, there is a drop-down box below where you name it. Select png from that. Second, recolor the sprite so that instead of having Pikachu's yellow and Electabuzz's yellow, it's just one of them.

FireGod121, you still seem to have (though only slightly) a light source from directly above. It's hardly noticeable, though. I take it that that's the evo of Slixey or w/e it's name was?

I'm not just going to say it's good because it's your first sprite, I'm going to say what I actually think, otherwise you won't improve. It's saved as JPEG. never do that, save sprites as PNG. all the parts of electabuzz don't look connected to pikachu because you didn't recolour. however, it is 100000000000 times better than my first sprite.

now, can I please get crit on this
Corsweet-1.png

Edit: Squirtli bet me too it -_-

PokeBlog said:
dude I saw my name on the front page, but it says my original application. my new application is right above your post. thank you.

ok but you should save as png and also recolor pichachu or the arms but for your first sprite it is pretty good
also can you post as an image and not a file

EDIT:whoops they both beat me and squirtli it is the evo of slixey =)

FireGod121 said:
ok but you should save as png and also recolor pichachu or the arms but for your first sprite it is pretty good
also can you post as an image and not a file

sorry i dont know much about saving files and stuff. so no worries. i'll get on my spriting and topic. fusions, eh?

Offtopic:Ok, i dont know how to put my file as an image, so tell me how to. i'll just put it as an attachment for now.

On topic: Fusions. Well, i have Ho-Ogia right here, on the attachment.

Attachments

• Ho-Ogia.png
    Ho-Ogia.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
Name:Negative-Zero
Favorite sprite you've done(post image):
Favorite Type of Spriting and why:scratching, because you can sprite anything, instead of having limited parts
Best type of sprites: scratches
What kind of sprites do you do: most all of them, and the ones i dont arent that hard
How experienced are you:1.5+yrs.
What program do you use:ms paint
do u promise to be active and post comments: i'll try
Example of art:

PokeBlog said:
sorry i don't know much about saving files and stuff. so no worries. i'll get on my spriting and topic. fusions, eh?

Offtopic:Ok, i don't know how to put my file as an image, so tell me how to. i'll just put it as an attachment for now.

On topic: Fusions. Well, i have Ho-Ogia right here, on the attachment.

this video tells you some stuff that you shouldn't do, most of them you did.

PokeBlog, upload the image to imageshack.com (you don't need an account there to upload). The when it shows it, right click and select "Copy Image Address". When you're on the forums, click the "Image" button (it looks like two mountains and a sun right above where you type your post). When it says to enter the URL, right click in the text box and choose "Paste".

Negative-Zero said:
on the fusions topic...
here is ont i made a while ago, can you guess what pokemon it is made from?

stantler+shaymin+umbreon+eevee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back