Help The "What Deck Should I Play?" Thread

Are there any viable Standard decks that can lock down Abilities well? I figure that if I can lock down Abilities in Standard format, I can get away with anything.

There are variants with both a competitive Raichu (structure) variant and M-Mewtwo variant (Top 8 list), both of which you may be interested in. :3

Which tier are those decks? Are they able to compete with Decks like Maxie's Yveltal, Seismistoad Builds? Just wondering^^

There are variants with both a competitive Raichu (structure) variant and M-Mewtwo variant (Top 8 list), both of which you may be interested in. :3

If you could PM me with the M-Mewtwo decklist, I would be grateful. Someone on Facebook suggested I run a M-Mewtwo variant, and I'd love to see what others have done with it.

If you could PM me with the M-Mewtwo decklist, I would be grateful. Someone on Facebook suggested I run a M-Mewtwo variant, and I'd love to see what others have done with it.
Same here :)
Whoops - forgot to add the link to my last post. The list can be found by clicking the black bar, scrolling down to the bottom and clicking the bottom one.

Which tier are those decks? Are they able to compete with Decks like Maxie's Yveltal, Seismistoad Builds? Just wondering^^
I'm not too sure which tier they are - I think they are both Tier 2 or 3-ish (Yveltal is at ~Tier 1, Seismitoad Tier 1/2). There is an PB article on Raichu from a month and a bit ago that you may like to check out.

Are there any viable Standard decks that can lock down Abilities well? I figure that if I can lock down Abilities in Standard format, I can get away with anything.
You can effectively run Garbodor BKP with anything that has the space. M Manectric, Toad, M Mewtwo, Yveltal, etc.

I'm going to a tournament on the day before easter. I want to make an easter themed deck. Any Ideas? Please PM me.

Whoops - forgot to add the link to my last post. The list can be found by clicking the black bar, scrolling down to the bottom and clicking the bottom one.

Thaks, but I'm looking for a Standard M Mewtwo EX decklist. Those are Expanded and won't do me any good. If anyone could PM me a good Standard decklist, I would be grateful.

You can effectively run Garbodor BKP with anything that has the space. M Manectric, Toad, M Mewtwo, Yveltal, etc.

Yeah, but what would I take out of a standard decklist to put in?

I go there all the time, and some of those decks need updating. I don't see an M Mewtwo EX decklist anywhere, unfortunately.
They are being updated, so don't worry about that. Otherwise, you should be able to find a decent M Mewtwo-EX decklist online somewhere with a few Google searches, or you can check out the Deck Garage.

Me again - are there any decks with Jolteon EX yet?
Depending on the article on the front page, Jolteon EX is able to keep up with a lot of meta cards. So I guess, building / playing a deck around Jolteon sounds right.

thanks

Me again - are there any decks with Jolteon EX yet?
Depending on the article on the front page, Jolteon EX is able to keep up with a lot of meta cards. So I guess, building / playing a deck around Jolteon sounds right.

thanks
I believe Jolteon-EX/Vileplume and Jolteon-EX/Archeops are fairly good combinations, so you may like to look around for those combinations.

I was just lucky enough to pull a Jolteon EX from a Generations pack, but I currently use a Flareon EX/Entei deck, and have no idea about Electric Pokemon cards and their synergy.

Needless to say, I'm hoping for some deck ideas to crop up soon!

I was just lucky enough to pull a Jolteon EX from a Generations pack, but I currently use a Flareon EX/Entei deck, and have no idea about Electric Pokemon cards and their synergy.

Needless to say, I'm hoping for some deck ideas to crop up soon!

I'd recommend checking out this PB article to begin with.

What Standard deck would you recommend to someone who's just coming back to tournament play after a year or so's absence? Remember, it has to beat or at least to well against as many decks in the meta as possible. I'm not totally sure what's in it, there's way too many people in this tournament.

I've just started to play competitively, and I need a deck that should be able to hit for high damage (170/180) at around turn 1/2/3. My brother is probably going to run Night March, and since I don't want to deal with that "twins do the same thing" stuff, does anybody have any suggestions for me?

P.S. I'd like to run one without Shaymin-EX, as I don't have that kind of money.

Last edited:
I've just started to play competitively, and I need a deck that should be able to hit for high damage (170/180) at around turn 1/2/3. My brother is probably going to run Night March, and since I don't want to deal with that "twins do the same thing" stuff, does anybody have any suggestions for me?

P.S. I'd like to run one without Shaymin-EX, as I don't have that kind of money.

Hi hitmonlee! Glad you're starting to get into the game. :)

Unfortunately, most decks that can quickly deal a lot of damage require Shaymin-EX to find those cards as fast as possible. Some fast decks you could run, albeit sub-optimally, are Entei AOR 15/Charizard-EX and Vespiquen. Some decks that don't require Shaymin-EX to be competitive, but aren't as quick or heavy-hitting, are Greninja BREAK, Trevenant BREAK, and M Manectric-EX. You can find deck lists for all of these decks in the Metagame Deck Discussion forum.

Hope this was helpful! :)

Hi hitmonlee! Glad you're starting to get into the game. :)

Unfortunately, most decks that can quickly deal a lot of damage require Shaymin-EX to find those cards as fast as possible. Some fast decks you could run, albeit sub-optimally, are Entei AOR 15/Charizard-EX and Vespiquen. Some decks that don't require Shaymin-EX to be competitive, but aren't as quick or heavy-hitting, are Greninja BREAK, Trevenant BREAK, and M Manectric-EX. You can find deck lists for all of these decks in the Metagame Deck Discussion forum.

Hope this was helpful! :)
Thanks! Another question, are there any decks that run the Octillery from BREAKthrough as an alternative to Shaymin?

The card in question:

51qXttt7CHL._AC_UL320_SR228,320_.jpg

There are many that do but those decks that do aren't nowhere near as fast and take more deckspace

Back