Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Not that I know of. You can buy the keldeo v Rayquaza battle decks. It has a code for online and has a lot of staple trainers that you will need for deck building.

Hello poké beach!
Price range: 90-110 usd
What I want to buy: A booster box from the xy series
Options to choose from: Evolutions, Steam Siege, Primal Clash, Ancient origins or Breakthrough. These are the ones I´m choosing from and would really like some help picking one. Please tell me why you are choosing one! Thanks for help!:)

Hello poké beach!
Price range: 90-110 usd
What I want to buy: A booster box from the xy series
Options to choose from: Evolutions, Steam Siege, Primal Clash, Ancient origins or Breakthrough. These are the ones I´m choosing from and would really like some help picking one. Please tell me why you are choosing one! Thanks for help!:)
Are you looking to buy a box to pick up certain cards or just because?

Really just because, any tips?

Personally, I would go for either Steam Siege or Evolutions if you want a set you can be (pretty) sure of staying in standard post rotation in September. Out of those two, Steam Siege has a couple good tech cards like Talonflame while Evolutions is great for the nostalgia feel (feels like cracking Base Set packs again).

I
Are you looking to buy a box to pick up certain cards or just because?
would go for Evo because it can get sort of expensive with the Charizards, Steam Siege because Sycamor will probably remain popular like Juniper and then all of the other good stuff in that set, then Breakthrough. Honestly, you should probably get Sum and Moon or Roaring Skies before the booster boxes skyrocket to $400 each. Those are my thoughts

so after looking at the cards that are are going to be in Guardians Rising, it looks like it's gonna be a good set. However, I am wondering if it is worth investing in a booster box for it?

[EDIT]: I'm pretty sure i will be able to afford it by the time May rolls around, I just know there are plenty of other awesome PTCG products out there... like that M Sharpedo box.

Last edited:
Hey everyone for who is curious about the new EX premium collection boxes target has them both in stock sharpedo and camerupt on the shelves I picked up sharpedo and did a unboxing of it on my YouTube channel so you can see what you actually get.

hey I need help in a Fire Deck

Price Range £0 to £30

BREAKthrough Typhlosion is what you're looking for.

107139_200w.jpg

The concept of the deck is to include a bunch of energies (usually 20-30 from the decks I've seen) in order to have a high chance of discarding fire energies with Typholsion's first attack and doing a ton of cheap damage.

Here's a place to start:

Pokémon:
  • 4 Talonflame (Steam Siege)
  • 4 Cyndaquil (BREAKthrough)
  • 1-2 Quilava (BREAKthrough)
  • 4 Typhlosion (BREAKthrough)
Trainers:
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • x Skyla (to get Rare Candies)
Energy
  • 20-30 Fire Energy
STS Talonflame's ability allows it to be placed on the bench without evolving at the start of the game. Its attack does a small amount of damage but lets you search your deck for any 2 cards and put them in your hand. This could be used to grab a Rare Candy and a Typhlosion if you have a Cyndaquil benched which allows you to evolve it into Typhlosion on your next turn, or a Cyndaquil and something else if you don't have one benched.

All of the above can be purchased for (if I'm converting from USD correctly) about £20. You can search for Typhlosion decklists in order to find more trainers to complete the deck. (Don't add any more Pokémon, as that will only make the chances of a Talonflame start smaller.)

Good luck!

I cant decide what i want can you help?

My price range: $20-$30USD
I wanna buy a Kingdra Ex Box, a Lycanroc GX box, or a Sun and moon collecter chest

I only wanna buy one of them.

I cant decide what i want can you help?

My price range: $20-$30USD
I wanna buy a Kingdra Ex Box, a Lycanroc GX box, or a Sun and moon collecter chest

I only wanna buy one of them.

It really comes down to which promo(s) you like the most, which packs you want to open, and whether you're interested in the extras included with the Collector Chest.

Kingdra-EX Box: 1 Sun & Moon, 1 Steam Siege, 1 Fates Collide, 1 BREAKpoint
Lycanroc-GX Box: 2 Sun & Moon, 1 Fates Collide, 1 BREAKpoint
Sun & Moon Collector Chest: 2 Sun & Moon, 2 Steam Siege, 1 Fates Collide + 3 holo promos (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio) + assorted stationery items + mini-binder

Value wise, unless you like the extras and promos included with them, you can purchase all the packs included with any of the boxes plus one more if you were to purchase packs individually. (Lycanroc-GX box = $20 with 4 packs. 5 packs retailing for $4 each comes to $20.)

Price Range: £15-30
Looking for: Something or multiple things I can get a hold of in the UK, that gives me a decent selection of packs. Would be nice if some older sets were in there e.g BW sets, older XY sets.

Looking for a new binder/portfolio to house my growing full art collection (trying to collect all XY FA's). I currently have all my ultra rares in one of the pokemon 9 pocket portfolios and its getting pretty full and I'm probably looking for something a little bit nicer for the full arts. What binder or portfolio would you recommend?

Looking for a new binder/portfolio to house my growing full art collection (trying to collect all XY FA's). I currently have all my ultra rares in one of the pokemon 9 pocket portfolios and its getting pretty full and I'm probably looking for something a little bit nicer for the full arts. What binder or portfolio would you recommend?

You're probably looking for the Dex Protection Portfolio. Binder looks super posh, comes with protective pages on the front and back, and is lined with real velvet. Best thing too is the binder is very rigid so no worries of it getting bent out of shape easily. Price is pretty sweet too for what you get.

Edit: Here's a video reviewing the Dex Portfolio as well as some other binders. He does a lot of videos reviewing binders, card sleeves, and deck boxes (as well as plenty of mtg videos.)

Last edited:
Back