BW/BW2 Things you don't want to see in B/W

Im impressed with this fourum!!

Please stay on-topic. This thread is about things you don't want to see in the upcoming Black and White games. ~Xous

i dont want useless pokemon
or pokemon that are really rubbish and hard to train untill they get to a high level

like hoothoot and pidgey
they're useless for so long

The item search could be improved a bit more. It is darn annoying to look for items/tm/etc because sometimes I can't even find them and have to look several times. They should install a search menu or something where you just type in what you are looking for and it pops out. Seriusly!

I really hope the Pokemon following you is optional, I liked it! I really don't wanna see more HM's. =P

I dont NOT want to see
1. An underground feature
2. Triple Battles
3. A story that doesnt require you to collect badges
4. The weather text
5. Insane amounts of pokemon in caves and stuff (Like the endless amount of Zubat and Geodudes)
6. Tsutaja being a Grass/Dragon
7. AND!!!!! Stupid evolution and pointless pre evolutions (Munna being pre evo of Drowzee. Drowzee and Hypno suck so why bother with a pre evolution. And a farfetch evolution... thats just stupid)

oh oh oh.... 8. Contests there are soooo lame

imsocool4321 said:
I don't NOT want to see
1. An underground feature
2. Triple Battles
3. A story that doesnt require you to collect badges
4. The weather text
5. Insane amounts of pokemon in caves and stuff (Like the endless amount of Zubat and Geodudes)
6. Tsutaja being a Grass/Dragon
7. AND!!!!! Stupid evolution and pointless pre evolutions (Munna being pre evo of Drowzee. Drowzee and Hypno suck so why bother with a pre evolution. And a farfetch evolution... thats just stupid)

oh oh oh.... 8. Contests there are soooo lame

Well, triple battles are confirmed and inevitably in the game.
and How is a FarFetch'D evolution stupid? right now it has NO potential, so an Evolution could only make it better. ;D
Some Pokemon NEED and/or DESERVE one. FarFetch'D is definitely one of them.
But opinions are opinions. Can't change what people think. :)

BunZWorlD said:
and How is a FarFetch'D evolution stupid? right now it has NO potential, so an Evolution could only make it better. ;D

I actually just used FarFetch as an example to see if people would start flaming.... :p But ya your point is vaild. :)

Triple Battles- Confirmed and not the big of a deal. ;P

Farfecth'd does need an evo its stats are terrible.

(BTW, bunzworld I like your signature! However, the design of Miju irks me because it seems like it's picking its nose =P)

Personally, I'd like to see more options for interacting with your pokemon.
Also, perhaps their natures having more of an effect on their interactions with you.
I only want these as OPTIONS, because I realize some people disliked the HGSS feature where pokemon walked behind you.

Also... I know this last one isn't gonna happen, but it'd be pretty sweet if they kept the whole generation within a pretty loose color scheme, like gen1 and 2. Both made sure that most pokemon's colors were pretty natural and went well with each other.
But it looks like gen5 is using a lot of random neon... Oh well. I can dream!

imsocool4321 said:
BunZWorlD said:

I actually just used FarFetch as an example to see if people would start flaming.... :p But ya your point is vaild. :)
:) I try to back up my information and remain pleasant at the same time. I don't enjoy "flaming" ;o its icky and unnecessary. Especially on the internet where its full of OPINIONS which you can't change.
Snorlax FTW said:
Triple Battles- Confirmed and not the big of a deal. ;P

Farfecth'd does need an evo its stats are terrible.

(BTW, bunzworld I like your signature! However, the design of Miju irks me because it seems like it's picking its nose =P)
Thanks, and I just noticed it! ;D how gross! lol

While still remaining On-Topic; One thing I dont want to see EVER, is Zubat and Geodude! (ok that's two, but GOSH!) ;x its ridiculous to the point it makes reluctant to walk through caves because I'm like "oh... cave... *Uses Super Repel*" now multiply that by maybe 50?

Things I don't want to see...

- As other people have said: slow battles. I recently went back and replayed a bit of Red Version and couldn't believe how fast the battles went (obviously because of the graphical differences). I really liked it.

- HM's as we know them now. I really want a change in the HM system. Some alternative to taking up a move-space. Only a small handful of HMs are actually useful in-battle, and even then, I don't always want to have Surf on my water type, etc.

That's about it. xD

I always hated that HMs were pokemon moves. You can just as easily surf on a surf board... flying on the other hand...

Flying- Hang glider maybe?

Surfing- A jet ski would work!

A certain type of gloves could take care of rock smash.

And to stay on topic I want a diverse region with a lot of cool pokemon! =D

HM's won't be going anywhere. And if they were, an item would not suffice as a replacement for them. Are you seriously gonna carry a jet ski, rock climbing boots, a hammer, helicopter,, etc plus all your other items in your backpack (including your bike)?

The only reasonable way to fix the HM problem would be to do this:

Give each pokemon two different move-sets, say one for battle, and one for out of battle. The first move-set would still have a limit of 4 moves, but the other one wouldn't. You would still come across HM's, but not as an item. More as a level up process that would activate when you accomplished a certain event or made it to a certain checkpoint. When you did this your pokemon would learn for out of battle purposes. (So you second move set would consist of moves like sweet scent, headbutt, flash, dig, surf, rock climb etc). However if you wanted a certain HM move, probably Surf or Waterfall, as an actually battle move, you could go to a little hut and a man would make it so. There would probably have to be 3 or so huts over the region so that you wouldn't have to wait until the last gym city to do all of this. Or you could just have one appear early on in the game.

Of course the pokemon would only be able to have as many slots for out of game moves for as many as they can possibly learn; but my guess is they would put a limit on these too, 4 probably.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Give each pokemon two different move-sets, say one for battle, and one for out of battle. The first move-set would still have a limit of 4 moves, but the other one wouldn't. You would still come across HM's, but not as an item. More as a level up process that would activate when you accomplished a certain event or made it to a certain checkpoint. When you did this your pokemon would learn for out of battle purposes. (So you second move set would consist of moves like sweet scent, headbutt, flash, dig, surf, rock climb etc). However if you wanted a certain HM move, probably Surf or Waterfall, as an actually battle move, you could go to a little hut and a man would make it so. There would probably have to be 3 or so huts over the region so that you wouldn't have to wait until the last gym city to do all of this. Or you could just have one appear early on in the game.

Yeah, a system similar to this is what I was going for.

An alternative would be something like Field Abilities, where any Pokemon who could learn a HM in past games, can automatically use it when the appropriate badge is obtained. Eg. A Lapras can use Surf (in the field) once the trainer has the 5th badge (or whatever badge you would get the HM with), without having Surf in its moveset.

Of course, HMs would still be available in item form, in case anybody wanted to teach it as an in-battle move.

Not sure if this kind of thing could work, but I would really like it if it did.

Squirtletamer I really like the 2 movesets things! Sounds way more useful than what we have now. =D

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
HM's won't be going anywhere. And if they were, an item would not suffice as a replacement for them. Are you seriously gonna carry a jet ski, rock climbing boots, a hammer, helicopter,, etc plus all your other items in your backpack (including your bike)?

The only reasonable way to fix the HM problem would be to do this:

Of course the pokemon would only be able to have as many slots for out of game moves for as many as they can possibly learn; but my guess is they would put a limit on these two, 4 probably.

That sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, Game Freak isn't that smart.

Back