Tier List (Update: 12/9)

RE: Tier List

Riskbreakers said:
Were there a lot of Magneboar during Nationals? I believe only one hit the Top 16.

Guess the player were unlucky, that along with ReshiBoar are only things i kinda fear a little even as TyphloRam user.

MagneBoar's power/speed relies on drawing candies, magnezones and emboars and basics fast enuf.... also energy drawing. Well it does have crippling weakness against donphan using decks.

123wert50 said:
Why is Reshiboar and Stage One Rush not on here?
Bad sight there eh? :) There's also Cinccino variants in Tier 2 list and some Yanmega stuff in lists too.

"White Out (Reshiramwith Emboar or Typhlosion and techs)"

Zhaituki said:
Magnevire said:
Yeah that was me, and I'm saying I don't agree with it as a standalone. I see how it works in Zekrom though, and apparently a Yanmega and Magnezone took one of the top two spots in MegaZone...didn't see that one coming. Might be worth a tier analysis anyway.

And I think there will be a rough consensus. Will it be exact? heck no. But people can probably at least come to terms with some decks. In terms of flame wars...well, mods are here for a reason, and unlike a certain other site I go to, these guys are pretty active.

MegaZone might have won your nats, but it doesn't mean it's tier 1. Current format is very luck based with all the flips.

Yanmega/Magnezone is a great deck that has the ability to beat almost anything.

I played DonChamp at Nats, I consider myself a skilled player (you can interpret that as you please) and trust me, DonChamp is NOT Tier 1.
Donphan can be Teir 1 but Machamp is holding it back, especially when catcher comes out.
Stage 1 rush > DonChamp

I don't like Zekrom in tier 1 spot. It didn't get very far at nats, so I don't think it deserves to be there. Samurott should = Samurott (With Feraligatr and other techs) Vileplume variants are all rouge except for Yanmega, bring that down to 3. Haven't seen much MewGar and Mew Prime varaiants in general either, I think you should bring those down too. Other than that they look fine.

^mew/muk/jumpluff/vileplume is a very good deck even though it should technically be considered a rougue because it just takes out the meta while losing to everything else.

Bwaaaa

bwaaaa said:
^mew/muk/jumpluff/vileplume is a very good deck even though it should technically be considered a rougue because it just takes out the meta while losing to everything else.

Bwaaaa
No... It loses to Yanmega

Tiers are based on usage not playfullness. I know this sounds stupid but decks like Gyarados used to be Rouge, and obviously was not ever on a tier list, so usage determines tiers.

^^ that depends on how much mass attack can hit for. Even if it hits for say 100 you can then drag up and ko the mega with muk.

Bwaaaa

bwaaaa said:

Bwaaaa

It also loses to TyphloRam.... Even Typhlosion prime is decent attacker as it burns energies, unlike emboar... Besides stop underestimating meta decks just cus you probs haven't faced good lists yet.

ZachH said:
I played DonChamp at Nats, I consider myself a skilled player (you can interpret that as you please) and trust me, DonChamp is NOT Tier 1.
Donphan can be Teir 1 but Machamp is holding it back, especially when catcher comes out.
Stage 1 rush > DonChamp

I can't say I agree with this post. I've put Donchamp up against both Reshiboar and ZPS only to see it emerge the victor about 90% of the time. I also can't say I understand how Machamp could be holding this deck back. It comes out, takes energy from your active and kills things while you sit there giggling about how much fun you're having. I've only played against Yanmega Primw twice (once in a ZPSmega and again in a Yanmega-Donphan). Don't get me wrong, it was a tricky play every now and again but I won twice. Would anyone be willing to provide a "stage 1 rush" deck list against which I may test Donchamp? According to the above post the lists I tested against must not have been good enough.

^^why would it lose to typhlosion you just dragup a typhlosion with no energy on it before they get a second typhlosion out and then it is trapped in the active for a turn because you can't after burner onto typhlosion because of special conditions. You can easily knockout typhlosions this way while forcing the opponent to focus on getting energy on typhlosion and not onto reshiram.

Bwaaaa

You add mudkip to tier one. End of story.
But on a serious note this is missing out on so many cards, just throwing them down as unviable. Remember all the cards that in the past have been dubbed this and turned out to be good? yeah me neither but im sure it happened

piplup234 said:
bwaaaa said:

Bwaaaa
No... It loses to Yanmega

Ya. I played it at Nats and it didn't do well. I went 3-6. I lost mainly to Yanmega (except when I was fooling around).

ZachH said:
Stage 1 rush > DonChamp

I agree. Especially with Yanmega varients being so popular, and Kingdra too.

My opinion
Tier 1:
Magnezone/Yanmega
Yanmega/Kingdra/Jirachi
Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark

Tier 2:
Reshiphlosion
Zps/yanmega

Tier 3:
Everything else

Ty W said:
My opinion
Tier 1:
Magnezone/Yanmega
Yanmega/Kingdra/Jirachi
Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark

Tier 2:
Reshiphlosion
Zps/yanmega

Tier 3:
Everything else
I slightly disagree with your opinion since: Reshiphlosion definatly Tier1, if you don't believe my test results then i bet you believe this:
http://www.http://google.com/.com/tournament-reports/nationals-90-roller-coaster/
9-0 but:

"Misplaying myself out of the tournament. It was really rough. I made one misplay the whole time and it cost me a game in top cut and likely the match. It is very frustrating to be playing so well and then miss something so simple. I know the best players in the world would not have missed that. I need to fix those stupid mental lapses."

If that's supposed to be a quote from me, it's not... Reshiplosion hasn't done anything significant at any tournament, so I'm not sure how you can say that it is tier 1. It has poor matchups against all of the decks that I put in my tier 1.

Back