Tier List (Update: 12/9)

RE: Tier List

It had bad luck and was badly built for every single DonChamp in nationals? I wouldn't think so. And if you said Donphan Variants it would include DonChamp anyways, so it's a good idea to change it to DonChamp.

Typhlosion has an interesting matchup with the Phan/Zoro/Mega, and beats Kingdra/Yanmega from what I've heard and in theory, it appears that way too. Yanmega/Zone is interesting as well. I consider it tier 1 because its able to at least 50/50 MegaJudge, and Donphan decks are in your favor probably 60-40 and it beats Kingdra/Yanmega. I would have considered it much more viable as a choice for me had I not been worried about Magneboar which was a bad matchup, but I doubt Magneboar will be seen at Worlds.

Tier List
Tier 1:
Reshiboar
Typhoram
Megazord
Magneboar
Megazone
Kingmega

Tier 2:
Mewplume
Lostworld
Tyranitar

Tier 3:
Everything Else

Ya. And when Catcher comes out it will be Tier 2 for sure.

When catcher comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if its tier three. Sell those RDLs now, I guess.

I'll keep a 1-1 RDL with me. It can still be used for ReshiBoar which is still a decent deck post-catcher.

Not really, considering how much energy it requires for emboar to retreat and how bad his attack is.

Dark Void said:
Not really, considering how much energy it requires for emboar to retreat and how bad his attack is.
Think about it like this: You can only play max 4 same named trainers so still the chance to get catcher at correct time is not sure. Worst of all they can all be in prizes. And redshark test results are out of question.

Would you stop bashing Redshark? Redshark is a fine program, that has, to my experience, spit out luck-based things fairly and reliably. Also, you are underestimating the meta's draw power. Many decks can run through lots of cards in their deck in just a few turns. Many matches end with 1 or both players deck at under ten cards in them. People are going to draw catcher if they run 4 of it. Also, people will run many junk arms so it is almost like you have 6-8 catchers if need be. Catcher will be a force in the meta that decides what decks are played. Also, Zoroark and Twins can search out catcher, both of which are relatively common.

I think Reshiboar will still be fine post-Catcher. (My build, atleast.)

I say this because I only use 2 pokemon a lot.. (Reshiram and Emboar.)

Magnazone won't see much play post-catcher, and it is the only pokemon that can KO those 2...

Although Yanmega hurts I KO it easily with Reshiram.

Also, I will be running 4 Switch, what will help...

Any other tips or feedback?

If only there were a card that could get catcher out of your discard pile. And it's also too bad that you can't just hold one in your hand if you expect an RDL.

Oh wait...

Chandelure BDIF. As soon as Chandelure comes out, I'll play it for two whole seasons. Cards gonna be ridiculous the new Yanmega. More like Garchomp X if it wasn't in a tin.

Quote me.

It's a nice idea, but for a stage 2 with horrible hp and a relatively large attack cost the damage output isn't there, and neither is the speed. It'll see play in some decks but I doubt it'll be the new yanmega.

Dark Void said:
It's a nice idea, but for a stage 2 with horrible hp and a relatively large attack cost the damage output isn't there, and neither is the speed. It'll see play in some decks but I doubt it'll be the new yanmega.

You wanna fight about it?

Zangoose said:
You wanna fight about it?

I wish Pokebeach had a thank/like button.

Also I don't think we should add things to the tier list that aren't out yet. Just sayin'

OK, pardon me for forgetting to read the part that said "this isn't my tier list", but I think that ZPS should be moved down to tier 2 or 3 because it didn't do very well at Nationals. Same with Donchamp and put Stage 1 rush as a Tier 1 or 2.

We still can't discount ZPS as it did win both Mexico and Canada and don't bash those countries. The last thing we need is a superiority complex over other countries.

Back