Top 300 Entries Selected for 2024’s Pokemon TCG Illustration Contest!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The top 300 entries from this year’s official Pokemon TCG Illustration Contest have been announced by The Pokemon Company!
The contest was open from October 12th, 2023 through January 31st, 2024. Beyond Japan and the United States, artists from the U.K., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand could also compete this time.
The theme of this year’s contest was to draw artwork capturing “Magical Pokemon Moments.” This could encompass the Pokemon enjoying a moment in its day, or showing the Pokemon looking cool or dynamic.
One of the following Pokemon could be featured in each submission: Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee...

Continue reading...

People forget that AI art was created by sourcing real art from places like art station, so it's not weird for real art to look kinda like AI art style-wise. But, the difference is that non-AI art is actually coherent and you can tell there was an intention of design in every part of the illustration. These look really good and fine to me.

this is not hard evidence, this is the community response to give an idea of why the scandal accusations are being made.

many people are pointing to the name similarities of the different V.K. submissions, with the potential of someone bypassing the three-submission limit.

some of the inconsistencies within V.K.'s art (the background, the linework, the anatomy) are claimed to be suspicious, with a common ai-detecting art website seeming to point towards that suspicion as well.

whether you believe the community members or not is a different story, it's still very possible that all of the top submissions here were completely legitimate. however, i think the community's voice, combined with prominent the issue of AI art's integrity, means that these allegations should be taken seriously.

You guys need to explain how you think a piece is using AI. Don't just make public accusations without evidence.
People on Twitter are using Hive Moderation’s AI art detector on artwork that that feels uncanny. The pieces made Vigo K, Vigen Khachaoorian, and Vigo Khachadoorian have a 99% rating (meaning they were most likely made using AI) and are comparing it to the results the detector gives when fed real TCG card art or art from the contest that doesn’t feel uncanny.

the bidoof on a swing set is killing me 😂 also loving the 3 pikachu with the apples

also the charizard seismic tossing a blastoise?? the koraidon with a shadow of roaring moon in the lightning flash??? 🤯

Back