Top 300 Entries Selected for 2024’s Pokemon TCG Illustration Contest!

I personally don’t see the art being so. It might just look like that cause of style. And maybe the name thing is just coincidence. I like to think that people whouldnt use ai/ the pokemon company would catch the ones who do. They probably checked them with more professional AI checkers already.
I hope TPC makes an official statement
I hope my optimism doesn’t bite my ass

Wow some stunning art here, suspicious about the 4 V.k eevees, looks like potentially 4 entries by 1 artist? I see some people suspect AI too. It will be such a shame if that's the case. Why some individuals have to ruin it for others is sad.

I entered this year. I made needle felted models, photographed them on a set I made then edited on photo shop. Gutted I didn't make the cut but I can see why with over 10 thousand entries to compete with!
I love your art!

If some of this art turns out to be AI, I am interested about Pokemon's response to it. Unlike in the West, in Asia the usage of AI doesn't seem to be so stigmatized and there are multiple big games that pretty openly use AI in their production pipeline. When used smartly the usage of AI can be basically unnoticeable, when it's just a part of the pipeline and not the entire process.
This leads into my next point pretty smoothly, mainly - while tons of these entrants are absolutely amazing, I do wonder to myself: how is it anything beyond what we've seen on cards up to this point? There's only so many ways you can draw a Charizard in a different pose with a different background. The draw of Art Rares is that often they portray Pokemon in some fun context, where the simplicity of their design isn't an issue. I feel like this contest would get much more interesting if artists were given an entire Art Rare as a canvas, and not just a small rectangle.

Wow some stunning art here, suspicious about the 4 V.k eevees, looks like potentially 4 entries by 1 artist? I see some people suspect AI too. It will be such a shame if that's the case. Why some individuals have to ruin it for others is sad.

I entered this year. I made needle felted models, photographed them on a set I made then edited on photo shop. Gutted I didn't make the cut but I can see why with over 10 thousand entries to compete with!
No doubt that there's some Yuka Morii DNA in this piece! Absolutely stunning, Kije!!

the bidoof on a swing set is killing me 😂 also loving the 3 pikachu with the apples

also the charizard seismic tossing a blastoise?? the koraidon with a shadow of roaring moon in the lightning flash??? 🤯
lol yes I love that Bidoof card as well I want it to win so badly

Specifically made an account for this after ghosting around Pokebeach for almost eight years now to say that yes, I believe the multiple V.K artists within these art pieces did use AI. I am an artist and have had to train myself to see what is AI and what isn't. The one pikachu piece of the stadium is the most easily telling one as the audience in the background + the background itself has this unusual blurry abstraction that AI images do for a background because they are not smart enough to make clear or detailed backgrounds where we can kinda wrap our brains around what they are supposed to be and make clearer symbols. Also this V.K artist wasn't even smart enough to NOT name all these pieces with some version of their name because you can't submit more than three pieces per artist which they broke those rules to make multiple pieces. Not too pleased with how this was done. Hopefully the next time they do this they have to ask for proof of the piece not being AI...

Okay, I'll say this about the notorious VK Brothers, and I haven't seen anyone else point this out... The fact that they only chose to do art of PIKACHU and EEVEE (the literal company mascots, and the most over-exposed and easiest to artificially replicate out of all 1000+ Pokemon) is a major red flag that I think should be taken into consideration if we're to investigate them for using AI

Back