"Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. Great for finding what to Play for Cities and wh

Thats why regice is a choice to CHOOSE what pokemon you want to bring out,
Dang have you people never used a Kigndra deck?

A Kingdra deck is still playable I mean there are also many problems a Duskinoir deck can run into
but we dont talk about that know do we?

Be nice to Kingdra or else I will get your address and send you an Aqua stream and I have many water In the discard pile, Its the ocean TAKE THAT

Wow.. machamp is t1 and kingdra is t2?

I'm pretty sure Kingdra and AMU can hold their own while Machamp and Butterfree+Cherium?
not so much...

Anything that can recover from a death with one energy is awesome, with 130 hp and spread attacks makes it ever more awesome.
and butterfree? come on, really?

I disagree with the a few placing of the tiers. Skittles is at least t2, if not t1. I also think dusknoir by its self isnt quite t1, more like t2 but Gengar+Dusknoir would be t1.

EastbayTrainer said:
I was laughing for minutes on this one. Go back and read the regice translation... yeah you DON'T get to choose.
A Kingdra deck is still playable I mean there are also many problems a Duskinoir deck can run into
but we don't talk about that know do we?
Dusknoir is not a T1 deck. That means that Dusknoir has consistancy and is able to setup not rush into a donk.
Be nice to Kingdra or else I will get your address and send you an Aqua stream and I have many water In the discard pile, Its the ocean TAKE THAT

soxrcol said:
Wow.. machamp is t1 and kingdra is t2?
Yeah Machamps better... deal with it. I have defended this point enough throughout most of this thread and others. Kingdra has a lesser chance of getting a T1 Donk compared to Machamp and Machamp can easily grab late game KO's without having to recharge your discard for a couple of turns.
I'm pretty sure Kingdra and AMU can hold their own while Machamp and Butterfree+Cherium?
not so much...
I put Butterfree as an option and yes an early game Butterfree is fairly dangerous.

Anything that can recover from a death with one energy is awesome, with 130 hp and spread attacks makes it ever more awesome.
and butterfree? come on, really?
Wow did you pick an odd point to attack. Butterfree was an option if you don't want to play Scizor. Would you care to verbally assult Scizor?
I disagree with the a few placing of the tiers. Skittles is at least t2, if not t1. I also think dusknoir by its self isnt quite t1, more like t2 but Gengar+Dusknoir would be t1.
Skittles is dying if not dead. You need a couple of turns for charging and your main attacker is a basic. That tends to be a problem. Machamp walks all over you. Raichu and any water deck comes in with a huge advantage with weakness. Dusknoir can go with or without Gengar. I personally use Bronzong but I have seen Gengar work wonders.

Well those were a couple of interesting posts...

Machamp is almost totally dependent on its matchups, anything that's fast and not a basic will walk all over Machamp.

I also don't dig Scizor so much, I dont think It's a t1 deck but its better then Butterfree.

Butterfree is alright early game if you have rigged dice, and even then its only hitting for 30, with cherrium 40. Healing is nice I guess but He'd be attacking for 3-4 turns before he killed anything usialy.

Skittles is not dead, you need a basic and a stage one to do alot if damage quickly, and a unknown G or two takes care of Machamp. I played a really good player playing skittles and if you know what your doing, attacking to Toge can win games.

IMO dusknoir is to slow by its self assuming your not using the Shadow command one, but hurting your self doesnt seem to great methinks.

JMHO..

Aside from my latest post I don't exactly see what you mean... I try to be fairly removed from my posts but after a while of using the same responses I do become irritated. Personally I am sorry if you can find more that one post where I am being rude.

Way up at Dudeman: I should go add Sceptile Variants. Yet I feel that Torterrible is better I will go add Leafeon to the Undecided area.

"Yeah, Machamp's better, deal wth it" for one, and you have yet to provide any compelling evidence for this argument.

You are not doing your duty as an unbiased keeper here. You are letting your personal attachments pre existing notions cloud your judgement and ignoring arguments you seem unworthy of your time. I'm in in noplace to make you stop, but I think it's a sad state of affairs.

Dictator Dauntless said:
DawnofXatu, you are beng insufferably rude.
All you have to do is read all the nonsensical arguments against him and then you know why he has a right to lash out like that.

More commentary too on my side.

EastbayTrainer said:
Wow. Have you ever used a Kingdra deck? If you even tried, you should've at least learned that Regice doesn't work in Kingdra 70% of the time.
but we don't talk about that know do we?

No deck is perfect. Not even Machamp, king of consistency (which just fell against my Rogue Salamence today). The problem is that Kingdra has too many
bad matchups, deeming it too risky to play in a tourney. IMO, Dusknoir is overrated and has issues in a few matchups, but Kingdra is worse.
And is stuck with nothing after I snipe your Claydol with Damage Even. Now you have nothing to draw but energies and will eventually be forced to do nothing but a measly 40 damage, or even none after I use Night Spin in late game.

soxrcol said:
Machamp is almost totally dependent on its matchups, anything that's fast and not a basic will walk all over Machamp.
T2 Machamp can OHKO a Sciozr. Swarming Machamp can hold on its own until it finds a solid ground. In the late game, you're really in trouble.
I also don't dig Scizor so much, I don't think It's a t1 deck but its better then Butterfree.
Scizor can't OHKO Butterfree, and a powerful Butterfree would even last two hits at times. Scizor is overhyped too much, and is currently T1.
Butterfree is alright early game if you have rigged dice, and even then its only hitting for 30, with cherrium 40. Healing is nice I guess but He'd be attacking for 3-4 turns before he killed anything usialy.
Ever seen a 70 (and higher with PP/Bucks) healing and damage?
Not to mention Butterfree decks run Potions and Pokehealers. If you can't OHKO Butterfree, then GG.

Skittles is not dead, you need a basic and a stage one to do alot if damage quickly, and a unknown G or two takes care of Machamp. I played a really good player playing skittles and if you know what your doing, attacking to Toge can win games.
You play Unown G? Have fun with possible horrible starts.
IMO dusknoir is to slow by its self assuming your not using the Shadow command one, but hurting your self doesnt seem to great methinks.
The Shadow command is the main one, and a possible 110 snipe with an awesome LV.X is usually worth it.
JMHO..And I'm giving you my opinion too.

Dictator Dauntless said:
"Yeah, Machamp's better, deal wth it" for one, and you have yet to provide any compelling evidence for this argument.

Compelling evidence? I have argued for Machamp giving reasons for pages in this thread. Sorry if I don't feel like restating the already said.

You are not doing your duty as an unbiased keeper here. You are letting your personal attachments pre existing notions cloud your judgement and ignoring arguments you seem unworthy of your time. I'm in in noplace to make you stop, but I think it's a sad state of affairs.

All I am doing is saying that Machamp, a deck that has changed the Metagame and has one of the best set of Matchups, is in Tier 1. Other than defending a deck that I deem worth my time and countering most arguements with logic, I haven't done anything that even justifies your saying of that. What I do is I sit here and spew out my two cents. What everyone else who participates job is, is to make arguements against what I say and defend what you say. When your arguements are torn to pieces by logic, or they continuously repeat the same arguement against me then I have the right to discredit you.

There is a diffenerce between being insufferably rude and being logical. I defend what I have said.

I am currently holding a threat to vote for the new Metagame.
Just see the link in my signature for new Metagame (or something familliar).
Maybe that can help some people for Metagame things.

What do you guys think about Raichu decks? I mean, I have one and I play one, but won't it get stomped by most everything with its low HP?

T-Tar Master said:
What do you guys think about Raichu decks? I mean, I have one and I play one, but won't it get stomped by most everything with its low HP?

Under late game circumstances, yes. Raichu is fairly frail. Yet Raichu is speedy enough to hit hard early game, before your opponent can take an easy KO. SpeedChu's consistancy is enough to work overall. Yet when it comes to Pure Snipe or ChargeChu then you run into problems. I have a Raichu deck that has an impressive record. Yet some decks do take Chu out without a tough time. Machamp, Torterrible, and SpeedTar, all take out Raichu due to speed, weakness or overall better survivability. I like Raichu and I think that it is in the Top 3 easily.

Why not write the pokemon in back of the decks? For those who do not know which pokemon in the decks`?

I'm sorry I don't understand. Do you mean on the first page write the cards in the decks? Most of them are self-explanitory.

My take:
Tier 1 (in no particular order)
1) Machamp Agreed
2) Raichu Lv.X Agreed
3) Dusknoir Agreed
4) Gengar Agreed
5) Torterrible Tier 2, its terrible
6) Scizor/Vespiquen/Butterfree/ect.+Cherrim What the heck is this? I'd say Tier 2 at most, or rogue
7) Mag-Ran That's rogue
8) Magnezone Agreed

Tier 2
1) T-Tar Agreed
2) Kingdra Agreed
3) Garchomp Agreed
4) Hurricane Not really a deck anymore
5) AMU Agreed
6) Spread Decks Tier 1, spreading is so hard to counter
7) Empoleon Variants Agreed
8) Infer-ran That's rogue
9) Rogue Decks

I personally think Kingdra has lost some of its thunder. That's just my opinion.

Smacktack said:
"Kingdra-Tier 2"

lolololololololololololololoolololololololooloollololololololololoolololollololoolloolollololololololololololol...lol

I find that hilarious. I hope you think that for CCs because I will gain the upper edge. The number one deck is Kingdra and thats it!!!

It fails against Raichu, which easily OHKOs every turn with Burst Ball. Voltage Shoot removes all Claydols as well.

If you were even slightly joking, I'm not laughing.

Kingdra has slowed down a little. It doesn't have the good matchup against Chu and it is slightly worse off than Machamp. If I was to move Kingdra to Tier 1 then there is no way that it would even make it up too high.

Cool looking cards are not always tier one material...

And indeed Kingdra is incredibly fast and more consistent than before, Raichu is not an autoloss, you people are not playtesting enough.

Back