Top tier decks after ND

Moe1216 said:
Quick question; with the arrivals of the EX's, how will 6 corners handle itself? I mean sure it'll need some as well, but which ones would be the best to try? Mewtwo? Reason I'm asking is because these new Basics make me feel like the ones we've had to use aren't looking as good as they used to.

I personally do not think 6 Corners will be very good at all next format, except it has a good matchup vs. MTC.

Six corners will still be great. It will basically be good as long as we have powerful basics of every type in the format. Type/deck advantage never really dies. That doesn't mean the standard dragons/musketeers deck will be good. For example, I'm currently using "Yanmega corners" which replaces Virizion and the some dragons with Yanmega, Mewtwo, etc.

My friends haven been saying that 6 corners will still be around, but that it'll need to run Mewtwo EX to KO the other Mewtwo's you run into.

I would think 6 Corners gets even better with Next Destinies, for several reasons:

Prism Energy. This is such a useful tool; it's even better than upping the Rainbow count to 8 if that were legal. Other decks make use of this, but none so much as 6 Corners, which uses a lot of different types of energy, even in the same matchup.

Skyarrow Bridge. Again, a lot of decks will use it because Basics are so big right now, but Six Corners gets some 1-retreat or even 0-retreat Pokémon with this in play, which changes games.

EXs being worth 2 prizes. This might seem like it would benefit every deck, but 6 Corners gets a bigger boost because its main goal is to hit for weakness or at least win the prize battle. For every EX deck, you can bet 6 Corners will have a counter, and so the high HP on EXs isn't even so bad for it as it would be where you're trying to beat Mewtwo EX with, say, Reshiphlosion. Being able to hit for weakness, or at least get consistent 2HKOs on every EX, will help this deck more than most others.

There are some cons to ND for 6 Corners– for example, neither Heavy Ball nor Level Ball aid it as much as most of the meta– but far and away, I believe Next Destinies will only help the popularity and success of Six Corners.

Back