BW/BW2 Triple Battles

Chimchar15

Aspiring Trainer
Yep like the title says. We now have triple battles. How do you think this will go well with the gameplay? What about competitive battling? Or will it fail horribly? I think it could be fun but I will have to try it out for myself. I'm not a fan of double battle but they're fun. I just hope triple battles won't be too much.

Well, they'll be long. Quite long. I hope they don't become the norm. It will also be hard to make a Battle Simulator for this.

This will probably make battles more slower, but probably more strategy needed. Im sure me and my friend will get mad at eachother about it xD

Triple battles is the most ridiculous idea Game Freak could of come up with.
What was wrong with double battles? Heck, who knows, there might be quadruple battles in the 6th generation... (if there is one).

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Triple battles is the most ridiculous idea Game Freak could of come up with.
What was wrong with double battles? Heck, who knows, there might be quadruple battles in the 6th generation... (if there is one).

Oh no. I had the same thought. I seriously hope gamefreak doesn't go past triple battles in future generations.(If there are any)

I found no fun to double battkes and Triple Battles makes me not want to buy another pokemon game. Who actually wanted them?

rockinpikachu said:
I found no fun to double battkes and Triple Battles makes me not want to buy another pokemon game. Who actually wanted them?

Game Freak was probably thinking, "Hurrr... if we have duble battles, we shud hav triple batuls two!! :B" Or maybe they just thought it would be a good idea... which it isn't (IMO).

I'm indifferent when it comes to triple battles.

But if I remember correctly, we didn't get THAT many double battles in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver.

I believe they were first introduced in Ruby/Sapphire and even then I thought the Double Battles were limited.

Of course, I'm talking about three completely different Generations, but I feel like they'll limit Triple Battles in game and just keep them to competitive play.​

I think triple battles will add a whole new mechanic to the game. I'm really excited to see how they work.

Just watch if there is a 6th gen we'll have quad battles which will be call double double battles.

Well, you might have noticed that the battles that we have seen so far seem pretty fast paced. They are no where as slow as they used to be with battle animations on. I don't think they'll drag too long.

Though my hate for Earthquake doesn't bode well with this. It's stupid enough so many pokemon learn it to start with, but this, and other "AoE" moves are just never going to be replaced by other moves.

If you ask me, pokemon is turning out to be a FF game where bunch of characters faces of with wild monsters and GANG BASH each other. I was not even an expert in 2x battle and now 3x battle. Well it is going to be hard this time and not to mention the battle will be longer and more strategy will be required.

Let's see how it pans out, I don't think it will affect too much since people rarely double battle as it is.

I used to hate Double Battling for the longest, but now that I'm actually enjoying it, I'd like to see a Triple Battle (Considering if there is a such thing) in the next game.

I think they've got the wrong idea with pokemon. Everything is more. More gyms, more annoying rivals, more pokemon, more regions, now triple battles? Its all too excesive. I think this will be popular, but I hate it.

This is stupid imagine a 5 on 5 battle with one of them being tauros against miltank it will be "udder" chaos. You probably wont even know where one of them is because you'll be trying to control the other four.

Back