BW/BW2 Triple Battles

888eddyx said:
This would create a problem if you want to do a battle with a friend that is playing D/P/Pl/HG/SS

I thought it would be fairly obvious this game wasn't going to be able to battle 4th Gen games. See, this game doesn't even have cross-gen trading, just a method of transfering your Pokemon over. Not to mention that even G/S/C didn't have cross-gen battling. So why would Black and White get cross-gen battling?

King Kingdra said:
But honestly I feel like earthquake/surf/explosion teams will be fairly popular. AOE = Area of effect, moves that affect all pokemon

Not necessarily. You see, once people get used to the fact that other trainers would use these moves all the time, they would build a heavily balanced team. Maybe two Pokemon that prevents Surt, two that prevents Earthquake, and so on and so forth. I think that Trible Battles are a pretty good idea because it gets you on your knees to strategize your battle. People might use more status reducers to easily get rid of a Snorlax in the middle of a Three-on-Three battle, to make it go by faster. Think of all the possibilities!

^^^Yes I did change my mind from the first post I made reguarding that Trible Battles were stupid^^^

I just don't like the triple battles. I LOVED double battles but triple battles is like too much, yo. Looks kinda weird and stuff.

Pokabu1 said:
think of the exp earned from battling 3 pokemon

It'd be divided amongst your three, I don't think it'd be any different at all lol

A lot more strategy will be needed for these battles, but how will the battles come into play? Will you have the option to have a triple battle, double battle or single battle? Hmm... *Puts on thinking face*

For me I want to give Triple Battle a shot before I make my decision. Like what Thefudgehog guy said I hope there is an option to chose the type of battle!

I HATE DOUBLE BATTLES!!! I HATE HOW THE POKEMON VIDEO GAME CONFERENCE HAS DOUBLE BATTLES!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE THE THOUGHT OF TRIPLE BATTLES!!! AND IF THE POKEMON VGC EVEN CONSIDERS HAVING TRIPLE BATTLES AT NEXT YEARS COMPETITION I WILL DIE!!!! AHHHHHH!! GRAWRWARWARWAGRGWAR!!!! NEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

and thats my little rant for today :p derp d derp derp derp

Please try not to type excessively in capital letters. This post also seems a bit spammy, so try to avoid that. Thanks! ~Xous

imsocool4321 said:
I HATE DOUBLE BATTLES!!! I HATE HOW THE POKEMON VIDEO GAME CONFERENCE HAS DOUBLE BATTLES!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE THE THOUGHT OF TRIPLE BATTLES!!! AND IF THE POKEMON VGC EVEN CONSIDERS HAVING TRIPLE BATTLES AT NEXT YEARS COMPETITION I WILL DIE!!!! AHHHHHH!! GRAWRWARWARWAGRGWAR!!!! NEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

and thats my little rant for today :p derp d derp derp derp

That was a really mature comment. >.>

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE double battles, alot more than singles, BUT triple battles? I just don't get it. If anything, they needed to increase the amount of double battles because there weren't nearly enough in the recent games for my liking.

I'm just interested in seeing what kind of NPC's they'll toss in to perform these triple battles. Triplets will probably show up for sure...but really, it's not that big of a problem. I am acually hoping they have a triple-battle gym leader, just to frustrate the new players. Imagine how dificult that might be at a high level, let alone at any.

And remember...there weren't many double battles anyways in Hoenn, so more often than not, you *won't* be running into random triplet trainers. XD

I personally don't like the triple battles, I think things will get to hectic and cluttered.
It's an un-wanted poke-fest. ;x
But, I haven't tried them and I'm open-minded.
Once I try it my opinion may remain the same or... change? :eek: ick!
;D lol, we'll see.

Triple battles:

For the people who are obsessed with the metagame and keep complaining about some useful Pokemon(look around the Pokebeach.com section. You'll see what I mean), is this what you wanted? More strategy involved?

I don't know what the fuss is. 3 on 3. It makes it easier in my mind. its still 6 Pokemon on a team.

Triple battles seem like a terrible idea. I actually like double battle, it makes people to think of more of a strategy than in 1-v-1. 3-v-3 though would just slow everything down and will make you think about more then necessary. You'll have to think about effects that will benefit all 3 of your pokemon and everyones speed, weaknesses and everything. Earthquake would just destroy period. Im only exited to see how people could actually put up strategy in it.

My triple battle strat is as follows:

Have all 3 of mine gang up on the strongest opponent.

Rinse and repeat.

Redneck said:
My triple battle strat is as follows:

Have all 3 of mine gang up on the strongest opponent.

Rinse and repeat.

What if your opponent is faster? They would be at the sink first.

Also if your foe has a team of 6 Blisseys, it would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

What could be so bad about triple battles. Sure they might take longer and sure the ex.points will have to be shared with all 3 Pokémon but at least they will make you think more. I personally think they will be awesome. It might even seem like a small little war bettween 2 players.

Back