BW/BW2 Triple Battles

Really not looking forward to these. It feels like they just added triple battles just for the factor of being new.

Well I really don't know how they are until I actually try it out. The thing I know of is that triple battles will take longer to win then other types of battles. Hopefully they won't get too carried away by making other types of battles.

TheDarkLucario said:
What if your opponent is faster? They would be at the sink first.

Also if your foe has a team of 6 Blisseys, it would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

Issue 1: Faster opponent? Then I'm screwed :D but hopefully all 3 of theirs wont be faster than all 3 of mine...

Issue 2: Six blisseys? Well if species clause is disabled, then just use physical attackssss

Issue 3: People saying that triple battles will go slower? Double battles went faster, I'm guessing triple will too. I mean, it's like a full 1v1 6 on 6, except you're tripling the time that you attack and pokes faint, etc.

Idk, we'll have to wait and see. I kinda think GF just threw Triple Battles in there so they could...I guess, as someone worded it earlier, "have something new".

Double battles were a cool new mechanic added, and i eventually grew to like them except I dont play them often...so I'm hoping the same happens for triple.

its going to be funny getting into a triple battle in game. now you just get sandwiched by two trainers for a double battle... how would you get caught in a triple battle..? it'll be weird. also will there be a gym leader that you have to have a triple battle with... it can be a three headed mutant person and you have to battle all of the heads at the same time.... ya.... >.> ...

i actually really loved double battles because i already have my strategy for them and im really looking forward to 3 v 3 and i dont see how the length of a triple battle will affect how the game turns out.

You see, when we all grow up, the kids wil askus : Hey, remember when there was, Triple battles? We'll say, Yeah, the good ol days, and sigh. by then, itl be 6 vs 6 batles.

BeserkMagikarp said:
Why were the pokemon hanging off the egde of the battle field in the pics?
The platform isn't big enough to house all the Pokemon on top of it. So some of the Pokemon have to stand outside of the platform.

@WeeGee: Earthquake would not destroy. In fact, a 3 vs. 3 battle would *lessen* the power of earthquake, since in multi-pokemon battles the damage is evenly distributed. So, assuming all pokemon on the field may be hit by it in one given turn, the distribution of damage would be about 20 per pokemon. That'd be less than the strength of tackle, yet you'd think it would own? Come, now, think this through before bashing it, at least.

It might be fun ingame, but compettitive wise I can't really see people using it. Trick Room and weather like rain will probably be used more often, and Explosion lol. We'll have to see how it turns out, maybe there will be new moves/items specifically for triple battles.

Imagine what will happen to the anime. I mean, If it takes 2 episodes to have ash do a full 6 on 6 single battle with Paul, It will take half the time away. It will make many anime episodes shorter.

If there are as many double and triple battles as single battles, I will lose it. Otherwise, I could care less.

I never competitively double battle, and even the thought of competitive triple battling seems a bit overwhelming for me.

instead of battling those Girl twins in the beginning of the game since R/S i think u will battle boy triplets. or they could make a Triplet boy gym.

rockinpikachu said:
instead of battling those Girl twins in the beginning of the game since R/S i think u will battle boy triplets. or they could make a Triplet boy gym.
Triplets now. :(
Those kind of people tend to be annoying sometimes. I try to avoid them as much as possible. I wish it was possible to avoid them. I tend to avoid them because double battles tend to go on for a while. Now that triple battles are now introduced they are going to go on for even longer now. :(

I actually find them to be faster in some cases. And if you're still around for *this* generation and are complaining about *double* battles, exits are located in the back and on your left and right.

Really, I think the comic in the "4 new pokemon" thread under News best defines why some people complain so much. I'm just surprised that I am a vet but am not complaining like the rest of 'em.

Fire_Master said:
I actually find them to be faster in some cases. And if you're still around for *this* generation and are complaining about *double* battles, exits are located in the back and on your left and right.

Really, I think the comic in the "4 new pokemon" thread under News best defines why some people complain so much. I'm just surprised that I am a vet but am not complaining like the rest of 'em.

Because some people can't stand change. I was with Pokemon ever since the anime aired in America. I love this new gen. Some people need to get over that fact that they can't like ever new Pokemon. Everyone has different and unique tastes. I for am definitely liking the taste of this region.

Fiveoclock said:
What if the VGC is in triples? You could lose HALF your team to Explosion if you're not careful. A one-turn mess up turns into a lost game. It will be very chaotic. Lickilicky might actually have a good use.
I don't wanna knock it until I try it, but it seems fun. Fun, but not as good competetively as singles. Also hard. And kinda annoying.
Also, I can see a Kyogre/Zekrom/Mewtwo team running well, firing off Water Spouts/Thunders at people.
Playthrough wise, it would be good for fighting the Team Rocket (yes, I think they'll be the goons) Grunts at once, possibly a triple gym (remember the double gym?), and some new triple moves. Maybe Helping Hand will affect both partners.

Oh Gawd!!!
I doubt VGC will use 3 on 3.

Has this been officially confirmed, or is everyone just going by the picture? Cos that could be anything, like the trainer talking to her own Pokemon, or an ingame event like the safari zone or a contest, or a cutscene tutorial or something.
Why do you have to send your Pokemon out before the opponent does? It's weird.
Has there been any OFFICIAL confirmation, cos I don't think this is a move forward for Game Freak, so would they really do it...?

Tangrowth said:
Has this been officially confirmed, or is everyone just going by the picture? Cos that could be anything, like the trainer talking to her own Pokemon, or an ingame event like the safari zone or a contest, or a cutscene tutorial or something.
Why do you have to send your Pokemon out before the opponent does? It's weird.
Has there been any OFFICIAL confirmation, cos I don't think this is a move forward for Game Freak, so would they really do it...?

Triple Battles have been 100% confirmed from the video.

dmaster out.

Back