Virizion EX / Genesect EX

Blueinvader said:
I'm not saying take Virizion out altogether, I'm saying swaping it out for acceleration. The Ability is too good.

What acceleration is there besides Virizion? Thundurus EX? Colress Machine? The former is totally worse than Virizion and the latter is already used, but isn't nearly good enough on its own.

Dark Void said:
Blueinvader said:
I'm not saying take Virizion out altogether, I'm saying swaping it out for acceleration. The Ability is too good.

What acceleration is there besides Virizion? Thundurus EX? Colress Machine? The former is totally worse than Virizion and the latter is already used, but isn't nearly good enough on its own.

Victini-EX is what he's talking about.

I've played this deck a couple more times, and what seems to be the most difficult for me to deal with are Bouffalant, Kyurem, and Victini EX.

Has anyone tried playing 4 Deoxys EX in this deck? The extra damage could be helpful for 1-shotting the above pokemon with Megalo Cannon.

smeargleman said:
I've played this deck a couple more times, and what seems to be the most difficult for me to deal with are Bouffalant, Kyurem, and Victini EX.

Has anyone tried playing 4 Deoxys EX in this deck? The extra damage could be helpful for 1-shotting the above pokemon with Megalo Cannon.

I wouldn't play it unless you run Lugia-EX and even if you did I'd only play 1 or 2.

I have been looking for a deck that makes use of Forewarn Musharna and long distance hypnosis munna. I think this might be a viable option.

3 Genesect Ex
3 Virizion Ex
3 Tropius
2-2 Musharna

With this set up. I can use long distance hypnosis every turn as long as my active has grass energy. Hopefully putting my opponent to sleep. Also i can make use of forewarn and draw one card from the top 2 cards of my deck. Not all that great. But i do want to also throw in a few ethers into this deck. So if i ever have a skyla in hand and forewarn shows me one of my grass energy in the top 2 i can ether it onto one of my pokemon. Thus having more options for energy acceleration. Lack of energy always seems to be a problem these pokemon.

Not really sure if these changes would help much, any thoughts on this variation?

Ivy_Profen said:
I have been looking for a deck that makes use of Forewarn Musharna and long distance hypnosis munna. I think this might be a viable option.

3 Genesect Ex
3 Virizion Ex
3 Tropius
2-2 Musharna

With this set up. I can use long distance hypnosis every turn as long as my active has grass energy. Hopefully putting my opponent to sleep. Also i can make use of forewarn and draw one card from the top 2 cards of my deck. Not all that great. But i do want to also throw in a few ethers into this deck. So if i ever have a skyla in hand and forewarn shows me one of my grass energy in the top 2 i can ether it onto one of my pokemon. Thus having more options for energy acceleration. Lack of energy always seems to be a problem these pokemon.

Not really sure if these changes would help much, any thoughts on this variation?

You really don't need 3 Tropius. I would only use 1, if any. Yes, its attacks are good, but you really won't be relying on Return that much. That's what running Supporters and Musharna are for.

I would take out 2 of the Tropius and put in 1 more Virizion EX and devote the other space to a Float Stone or Switch to help out with Musharna.

in the first deck i threw together i had 2 torpius in it. I ended up attacking with it more than my genesect using its second attack. But then again, most of my games were against a trubbish deck, and it was just too dangerous to leave genesect out with trubbish running around.

Here is the most interesting list I have made yet.

Pokemon - 12

2 Virizion EX PLB
3 Genesect PLB
3/3 Drifblim (1 PLB 2 DRX)
3 Victini EX PLS
1 Absol PLF

Tainers - 28
4 Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Plasma Ball
1 G-Booster (Ace Spec)
3 Enhanced Hammer
2 Bycycle
1 Energy Search
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad

Energy - 15
4 Blend (GFDP)
6 Grass
2 Fire
3 DCE

Victini as my energy accelerator and a 3/3 Blim line for the Plasma matchup. DCE for G-Booster.

Blueinvader said:

Pokemon - 12

2 Virizion EX PLB
3 Genesect PLB
3 Victini EX PLS
1 Absol PLF

Tainers - 28
4 Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Plasma Ball
1 G-Booster (Ace Spec)
3 Enhanced Hammer
2 Bycycle
1 Energy Search
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad

Energy - 15
4 Blend (GFDP)
6 Grass
2 Fire
3 DCE

Victini as my energy accelerator and a 3/3 Blim line for the Plasma matchup. DCE for G-Booster.

You do realize you can only search for the Grass and Fire right..? I don't see much point in Victini-EX. The fact you need Fire destroys your consistency.... You don't need Absol either. Also I'd only run DCE if you ran Lugia and even then I find it questionable.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Blueinvader said:

Pokemon - 12

2 Virizion EX PLB
3 Genesect PLB
3 Victini EX PLS
1 Absol PLF

Tainers - 28
4 Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Plasma Ball
1 G-Booster (Ace Spec)
3 Enhanced Hammer
2 Bycycle
1 Energy Search
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad

Energy - 15
4 Blend (GFDP)
6 Grass
2 Fire
3 DCE

You do realize you can only search for the Grass and Fire right..? I don't see much point in Victini-EX. The fact you need Fire destroys your consistency.... You don't need Absol either. Also I'd only run DCE if you ran Lugia and even then I find it questionable.
Read Victini EX again please... Other then that I have to agree.

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Re-read it. It can only search for basic energy and the only basic energy in his deck is Grass and Fire.

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:

Re-read it. It can only search for basic energy and the only basic energy in his deck is Grass and Fire.
Oh... I thought you meant that it could only search for fire :p.

Anyone think Abomasnow is good in this deck? I've had someone say I should add it and my friend's apparently running it. I personally don't like it.

Blueinvader said:
There's 8 Basic energy in there. That's plenty to power up Genesect and other attackers.

Account for how many are prized and in your hand or discard after Ultra Ball/Juniper.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Anyone think Abomasnow is good in this deck? I've had someone say I should add it and my friend's apparently running it. I personally don't like it.

Abomasnow makes your fire type matchups a little better. But if you're that worried about victini you probably shouldn't play genesect, and instead play TDK. Victini gets destroyed by Kyurem.

Plasma Frigate is also alright against Victini and company. It can be difficult to get Plasma Energy on your Pokemon sometimes, but it's just 1-2 cards, as opposed to Abomasnow which is 3-4. Bouffalant can be a bad starter if you don't run DCE, but it's better in other match ups. It also doesn't work if they play Stadiums.

Four Arms said:
Plasma Frigate is also alright against Victini and company. It can be difficult to get Plasma Energy on your Pokemon sometimes, but it's just 1-2 cards, as opposed to Abomasnow which is 3-4. Bouffalant can be a bad starter if you don't run DCE, but it's better in other match ups. It also doesn't work if they play Stadiums.

I really don't think you need to be worried with victini. It's been said time and time again but unless you can make a god-like meta call and predict a ton of genesect/virizion decks it simply shouldn't be played. In my opinion it's just too much of a liability and the card falls to a lot of the meta. Keldeo destroys it, Plasma kyurem destroys it, and darkrai does a pretty good job taking prizes against it too. It's really not a solid choice except MAYBE as a tech in hydreigon if you expect a ton of genesect/virizion and feel comfortable playing it.

Back