Virizion EX / Genesect EX

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:
I think laserbank isn't bad in this deck... However in a Genesect deck you have to chose one of the following:
-Driftblim
-Bouffalant/Tropius/Genesect/Virrizion/Other Random Attackers/Munna
-Lugia/DCE/Bouffalant
-LaserBank

You have to pick one if you want to keep your consistency... Honestly I think laserbank with a 1-of Munna tech is the play.

I'll try to test Drifblim against my friends TDK list on Playtcg and then with LaserBank and maybe Munna. I'll let you know the results.
I know the results...

Driftblim absolutely owns TDK and is the play if you expect to see a lot of TDK.

LaserBank also helps against TDK and also help against other decks as well.

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I'll try to test Drifblim against my friends TDK list on Playtcg and then with LaserBank and maybe Munna. I'll let you know the results.
I know the results...

Driftblim absolutely owns TDK and is the play if you expect to see a lot of TDK.

LaserBank is awesome since it lets you OHKO Kyurems with Megalo Cannon.

Four Arms said:
camoclone said:
The problem is that Lugia get's KO's while you take up the time to:
1) Emerald Slash
2) Get 30 damage on the active
3) Plasma Gale
Not to mention do I want to drop a card that gets owned by Thundurus? No!

Uh... why do you need 30 on the active (you mean "the Defending Pokemon," right)? Emerald Slash + Plasma Gale = 170 damage. Which works against anything that's not Darkrai or Black Kyurem. I could understand if you said 10, but 30 doesn't do anything 10 or 20 don't. If you're worried about straight Darkrai (Garbodor shuts off Overflow) or Blastoise, you could run a Deoxys to hit for 180, or Lasers, but you'd have to draw into those before you use Emerald Slash, otherwise you won't take the extra prize with Lugia.
I'm sorry you are totally correct... I wasn't thinking. Still I just don't like Lugia and don't think it works.

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:
I know the results...

LaserBank is awesome since it lets you OHKO Kyurems with Megalo Cannon.
Yes which is how Laserbank helps against TDK.

I'll have to test to see whether Drifblim or LaserBank is better against TDK. The next tournament in my area's going to be Regionals and my friend thinks it'll be a VirGen/TDK/Garbodor fest.

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I know the results...

In the mirror it's at least 5 dead cards. Insta-lose pretty much. Wheras Drifblim lines can be especially useful in the mirror if you play it right.

Aggressiv said:
camoclone said:
I know the results...

In the mirror it's at least 5 dead cards. Insta-lose pretty much. Wheras Drifblim lines can be especially useful in the mirror if you play it right.

Not really auto-loss... I'm more than likely going to play Drifblim at Regionals unless LaserBank seems very much better in testing.

Aggressiv said:
camoclone said:
I know the results...

How does Driftblim help in the mirror? In reality it's 6 dead cards...

camoclone said:
Aggressiv said:

It can discard Plasma Energy but that's it.

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:

Shadow Steal also does a lot against that deck, if they're running Colress Machine's or 4 Plasma Energy. Using Derail is too slow, and you often have to attach an energy or 2 to use it, so maybe including some Enhanced Hammers would be good for that match up.

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:

Yeah... That's not really worth a stage 1 attacking...

Four Arms said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Shadow Steal also does a lot against that deck, if they're running Colress Machine's or 4 Plasma Energy. Using Derail is too slow, and you often have to attach an energy or 2 to use it, so maybe including some Enhanced Hammers would be good for that match up.
Derail gets energy in the discard :p...

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I'm so conflicted on whether to use Drifblim or LaserBank o_O
Flip a coin or predict the metagame... It's that simple and what the professionals do.

My friend thinks Regionals is gonna have a bunch of VirGen/TDK/Garbodor... Hmm.....

camoclone said:
Four Arms said:

Well, if you use Derail, which now costs 1 or 2 energy, you're putting yourself behind on damage, which isn't a good thing, especially in a mirror match. Even if you manage to discard an Energy, they'll just attach another Grass, and probably Catcher your highest-powered EX/most vulnerable EX, and get ahead on the prize trade. You usually only want to use Shadow Steal when it does 150-200 damage, or when you don't have the Energy to use anything else, and if the latter ever happens, you're going to lose most of the time.

Four Arms said:
camoclone said:

Well, if you use Derail, which now costs 1 or 2 energy, you're putting yourself behind on damage, which isn't a good thing, especially in a mirror match. Even if you manage to discard an Energy, they'll just attach another Grass, and probably Catcher your highest-powered EX/most vulnerable EX, and get ahead on the prize trade. You usually only want to use Shadow Steal when it does 150-200 damage, or when you don't have the Energy to use anything else, and if the latter ever happens, you're going to lose most of the time.
I'm not talking about the mirror...

I'm thinking I might not run Drifblim OR LaserBank and just go for consistency. That's what my friend thinks I should do but I'll see if any VirGen decks make top 8 at the KO

Pokewiz1999 said:
I'm thinking I might not run Drifblim OR LaserBank and just go for consistency. That's what my friend thinks I should do but I'll see if any VirGen decks make top 8 at the KO

VirGen/Driftblim/Lugia made top 8... That's all. I still think Lugia is bad but that's just opinion based right now. I will test!

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

VirGen/Driftblim/Lugia made top 8... That's all. I still think Lugia is bad but that's just opinion based right now. I will test!

Yeah I just saw that.... Trying to find the list but with no luck.

Back