Virizion EX / Genesect EX

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I tested Drifblim a lot with a friend and it actually got me wins against TDK... But he was able to get around it. I might try running it anyway again
Yup... Just very situational. Like I said before to add on to it's numerous additions to this deck it also can change the name to Balloon Animals which is a pretty freaking awesome name. Just very situational. If you expect to see a ton of TDK then by all means play Driftblim.

I expect to see a lot of TDK... o_O Need to figure out how I'd fit it in though. I imagine it will wreck my consistency... -Facepalm-

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:
Yup... Just very situational. Like I said before to add on to it's numerous additions to this deck it also can change the name to Balloon Animals which is a pretty freaking awesome name. Just very situational. If you expect to see a ton of TDK then by all means play Driftblim.

I expect to see a lot of TDK... o_O Need to figure out how I'd fit it in though. I imagine it will wreck my consistency... -Facepalm-
No... You just need to create a list that will account for the new main idea of the deck.

Pokemon:
4 Virizion
3 Genesect
3-3 Driftblim PLB

Energy:
8 Grass
4 Plasma

That should be a great pokemon and energy line.

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
No... You just need to create a list that will account for the new main idea of the deck.

Pokemon:
4 Virizion
3 Genesect
3-3 Driftblim PLB

Energy:
8 Grass
4 Plasma

That should be a great pokemon and energy line.

Actually I think the DRX Drifblim should be played too... It can be monster powerful...
51-drifblim.jpg

Maybe 1 or 2 of. Also being able to call it Balloon Animals justifies playing it lol.

Also a 1 of Munna tech is great with this pokemon lines:
4 Virizion
3 Genesect
1 Munna

Forces a 7 prizes rule and puts the opponent to sleep...

camoclone said:
4 Virizion
3 Genesect
1 Munna

But... Then you can't call it balloon animals... D:

Pokewiz1999 said:
camoclone said:
4 Virizion
3 Genesect
1 Munna

But... Then you can't call it balloon animals... D:

Obviously not worth it then! Jk

Munna could be good, but I would rather add in something like a catcher more or something.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Thought on LaserBank in the deck? It lets you OHKO Kyurems without losing resources with G-Booster

I've been trying it out, and while I haven't played much of it, I think they're alright. I had to take out my Colress Machine's for them, which is one of the reasons I don't like it. I often find myself not playing supporters that often, because usually all the deck needs is Energy, Catchers and Pokemon, and if you fit Lasers in there, you'll have to sway away from that strategy and go for a Laser every turn. You also NEED Virbank in play for it to be of any help. Oddly enough, it swayed the Straight Darkrai match up of all things in it's favor. Maybe it's because they play Virbank, I'm not too sure.

Four Arms said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Thought on LaserBank in the deck? It lets you OHKO Kyurems without losing resources with G-Booster

I've been trying it out, and while I haven't played much of it, I think they're alright. I had to take out my Colress Machine's for them, which is one of the reasons I don't like it. I often find myself not playing supporters that often, because usually all the deck needs is Energy, Catchers and Pokemon, and if you fit Lasers in there, you'll have to sway away from that strategy and go for a Laser every turn. You also NEED Virbank in play for it to be of any help. Oddly enough, it swayed the Straight Darkrai match up of all things in it's favor. Maybe it's because they play Virbank, I'm not too sure.

Usually you have to KO at least 2 Kyurem then kill a couple EX's but I haven't tested with LaserBank yet. I like Drifblim but I don't know if he makes much of a difference in the Plasma matchup. As long as there's 2 special energy in your opponents discard the Dragons Exalted Drifblim can OHKO Deoxys. Plus I'd only have to change the Drifblims since I have 3 Drifloon and 3 Drifblim (2 PLB 1 DRE) so if I use 4 Lasers and 2 Virbanks I'll be fine.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Four Arms said:

Usually you have to KO at least 2 Kyurem then kill a couple EX's but I haven't tested with LaserBank yet.

Maybe it's just a bad habit playing against Plasma without Lasers, but I usually end up using my first Emerald Slash against Kyurem anyway (whether it's active or not), then following it up with a Megalo Cannon to KO it.

Four Arms said:
I like Drifblim but I don't know if he makes much of a difference in the Plasma matchup. As long as there's 2 special energy in your opponents discard the Dragons Exalted Drifblim can OHKO Deoxys. Plus I'd only have to change the Drifblims since I have 3 Drifloon and 3 Drifblim (2 PLB 1 DRE) so if I use 4 Lasers and 2 Virbanks I'll be fine.

If you run Skyarrow, you'd also have to change them into Switches/Float Stones, since you have Virbank as your Stadium now.

Four Arms said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Usually you have to KO at least 2 Kyurem then kill a couple EX's but I haven't tested with LaserBank yet.

Maybe it's just a bad habit playing against Plasma without Lasers, but I usually end up using my first Emerald Slash against Kyurem anyway (whether it's active or not), then following it up with a Megalo Cannon to KO it.

Four Arms said:
I like Drifblim but I don't know if he makes much of a difference in the Plasma matchup. As long as there's 2 special energy in your opponents discard the Dragons Exalted Drifblim can OHKO Deoxys. Plus I'd only have to change the Drifblims since I have 3 Drifloon and 3 Drifblim (2 PLB 1 DRE) so if I use 4 Lasers and 2 Virbanks I'll be fine.

If you run Skyarrow, you'd also have to change them into Switches/Float Stones, since you have Virbank as your Stadium now.

I usually just hit what's up (Probably a good idea). I don't even run Sky Bridge just Switch.

LiveMax23 said:
1 lugia and 3-3 drifblim is solid in this deck

If you play Lugia you have to play DCE and that's not an awesome idea in this deck. Also if you run Drifblim PLB you should play Drifblim DRX as well.

No you don't virizion does the work for you and yeah you run a copy of shadow steal drifblim.

The problem is that Lugia get's KO's while you take up the time to:
1) Emerald Slash
2) Get 30 damage on the active
3) Plasma Gale
Not to mention do I want to drop a card that gets owned by Thundurus? No!

What do you think of LaserBank in this deck Camoclone? I'm gonna test Drifblim tomorrow at my league and maybe with a friend tonight on Playtcg.

Pokewiz1999 said:
What do you think of LaserBank in this deck Camoclone? I'm gonna test Drifblim tomorrow at my league and maybe with a friend tonight on Playtcg.
I think laserbank isn't bad in this deck... However in a Genesect deck you have to chose one of the following:
-Driftblim
-Bouffalant/Tropius/Genesect/Virrizion/Other Random Attackers/Munna
-Lugia/DCE/Bouffalant
-LaserBank

You have to pick one if you want to keep your consistency... Honestly I think laserbank with a 1-of Munna tech is the play.

camoclone said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I think laserbank isn't bad in this deck... However in a Genesect deck you have to chose one of the following:
-Driftblim
-Bouffalant/Tropius/Genesect/Virrizion/Other Random Attackers/Munna
-Lugia/DCE/Bouffalant
-LaserBank

You have to pick one if you want to keep your consistency... Honestly I think laserbank with a 1-of Munna tech is the play.

I'll try to test Drifblim against my friends TDK list on Playtcg and then with LaserBank and maybe Munna. I'll let you know the results.

camoclone said:
The problem is that Lugia get's KO's while you take up the time to:
1) Emerald Slash
2) Get 30 damage on the active
3) Plasma Gale
Not to mention do I want to drop a card that gets owned by Thundurus? No!

Uh... why do you need 30 on the active (you mean "the Defending Pokemon," right)? Emerald Slash + Plasma Gale = 170 damage. Which works against anything that's not Darkrai or Black Kyurem. I could understand if you said 10, but 30 doesn't do anything 10 or 20 don't. If you're worried about straight Darkrai (Garbodor shuts off Overflow) or Blastoise, you could run a Deoxys to hit for 180, or Lasers, but you'd have to draw into those before you use Emerald Slash, otherwise you won't take the extra prize with Lugia.

Back