Finished Werewolf XXXII: Dimensional Shift - The Second Postgame is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bbninjas

What's the purpose of this thread after signups? Will it have any purpose?
The thread will be used for the game updates (including Night and Day), and will have uses later on in the game.

Because someone asked:
Does the dimensional committee decide who'd be lynched after their flip?

This is basically the order of events:
  • Lynchees are chosen by majority vote in each dimension
  • The two lynchees are sent to Dimension Limbo at night
  • The committee will decide who of the two should be lynched
  • That lynchee will be lynched (i.e. die)
  • That lynched player's role will flip (this should be 24hrs after the day end)
  • All night actions are processed

@simsands @Camoclone @quakingpunch73 @PMJ @Vom @Reinforce @Professor Palutena @thegrovylekid @Miyami~~ @Luispipe8

All of you show now be signed up to the ProBoards forum! I've changed everyone's display names so they are exactly the same as their PokéBeach forum username, and I've changed everyone's avatars to also be the same. :3

@Squirtle Squad still needs to sign up on ProBoards.
Sorry boss,
On it now :)

I moved house on the weekend into my own place from my parents so haven't really had time to do so yet ;)

Keen for your game though! Sounds epic!

The rules have been updated!

You can see the changes below (bolded and italicized).
New Mechanic Stuff
This game features a base mechanic that flips a traditional game of Werewolf on its head. Instead of discussion taking part in this thread, discussion will take part in a forum on ProBoards created specifically for this game. Furthermore, there are two main discussion threads - Dimension Earth and Dimension H’trae. Players will only be able to view and post in the discussion thread of the dimension that they are presently in. Players can also swap between these two dimensions through a variety of powers. Aside from phases coinciding at the same real time, each discussion thread will function virtually separately to each other. Each thread will feature its own lynch each Day Phase, while during both Phases, players with usable actions can only target other players who are in the same dimension as they are.

As each Dimension has their own lynch, the lynches have been adapted for this game. On being lynched, the lynchees will be transported to a third dimension between Dimension Earth and Dimension H’trae known as Dimension Limbo for the night. During the Night Phase, a specially appointed committee, after hearing an appeal from each lynchee, will decide which of the two lynchees will be killed and who will survive, by their majority vote. The player chosen to be lynched is lynched, and the player who survives is transported to the opposite dimension. Nightkills function as normal.

Question, can we assume that due to the dimensional committee being randomly selected it is technically possible to have a DC of pure or nearly all scum members?

... ... That's actually a really nice question. That can make the game almost unbeatable unless they're taken out.

Question, can we assume that due to the dimensional committee being randomly selected it is technically possible to have a DC of pure or nearly all scum members?
For the vast majority of hosts in werewolf games, the pregame RNG is only random to the point of balance. Different hosts use this to different extents, like sometimes if the host's first roll of the die creates a scum team of "all the best players in the game" they'll reroll it. As such, I think it's fair to say that the hosts will reroll who the Dimensional Committee are if they're all scum. :)

Last edited:
... ... That's actually a really nice question. That can make the game almost unbeatable unless they're taken out.

We will be making sure that scum cannot control the lynch through the committee and thus prevent the town from using its primary assets for killing scum.

(aaaand basically what Celever said.)

Question before the game starts and I get accused of something or another for asking this. Is there an app for proboards for IOS? I ask in case it ends up being hell to zoom in on something like the quote button on PB on my ipod, as zooming makes the web browser crash. See screen cap for reference. And I hope that because it's before the game starts etc that it's ok to do this.

image.png

And yes, pb this is why I have trouble with quoting in WW every time.

Question before the game starts and I get accused of something or another for asking this. Is there an app for proboards for IOS? I ask in case it ends up being hell to zoom in on something like the quote button on PokéBeach on my ipod, as zooming makes the web browser crash. See screen cap for reference. And I hope that because it's before the game starts etc that it's ok to do this.
I think there is an app (Tapatalk) although I don't know how well it works; but a popup should - uh - pop up that mentions there is an app for smartphones.

Question before the game starts and I get accused of something or another for asking this. Is there an app for proboards for IOS? I ask in case it ends up being hell to zoom in on something like the quote button on PokéBeach on my ipod, as zooming makes the web browser crash. See screen cap for reference. And I hope that because it's before the game starts etc that it's ok to do this.

And yes, PokéBeach this is why I have trouble with quoting in WW every time.

I can access Proboards from my iPhone, so you should be able to access it too.

We will be making sure that scum cannot control the lynch through the committee and thus prevent the town from using its primary assets for killing scum.

(aaaand basically what Celever said.)

Either way, my team will win! Cause I will carry us to victory! :p

And yes, PokéBeach this is why I have trouble with quoting in WW every time.

I believe there is an app. I can do a bit of research for you and see what I can find so it makes it a bit easier for you look be able to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back