7. Lunasol
8. MMS
9. Dustmuk
10. Polistall
11. Burning/poisoness/pollen liability
12. Machamp LM
13. T2 Arcanine ex
14. Other

So what do you think? I think that Flariados,Polistall Random shiftry ex decks maybe metanite and even though I do not like it bannete ex might get good.

wait, cessation crystal, cessation crystal and cessation crystal
nope, sorry, eggachu will rule IMO, everything else gets stopped by: cessation crystal or mysterious shard, and windstorm can't be searched for, but cessation crystal can

ShadowX said:
So what archetype do you think will be best

1. Flaredos
2. Mewtric
3 PoliSHIELD
4. Eevolution
5. Metanite
6. Lunasol
7. Eveelution
8. Other

So what do you think? I think that Eevolution, Mewtric and flariados are really going to get popular and very good.

That is what the list is going to look like.

I forgot to put egssachu but eggsachu is not that good I meen come on if it goes up against a deck that does not use pokepowers eggsachu will suck.

Mewtric loses too much without Admin or Pow, as those were the cards that really made it deadly. As it stands currently, you literally cannot do anything BUT Disconnect, because as soon as you Megashot, there isn't an Admin to take away all the trainers that your opponent has built up over the turns, and 40 damage a turn will NOT win enough games to take a championship against good players. And without Pow, the deck has little recovery. Mewtric is known for its TERRIBLE starts, but it used to be able to recover by Pow'ing, now it pretty much has to rely on Reversal flips, which probably won't be enough to save the deck.

Bannette ex is SO good right now, and I really don't see too much that can stop the deck (yes, the version WITHOUT Delcatty). It outspeeds even Rai/Eggs and isn't as vunerable to bad draws late game, as most Stage 1 swarm decks are. Also on the plus side, if you run Houndoom or similar, you can lock in Battle Frontier or something that will hurt a lot of the metal types that are soon about to be released. And again, Cessation Crystal is in no way the deck's enemy, considering the power is more of a small bonus than a reliance.

Ludicargo is in a similar position as Mewtric, meaning it has lost a ton of power with the loss of Admin, and to a lesser extent, Pow. However, then engine still remains very much intact, and an early Magcargo will almost win any game for you. The unfortunate part is its reliance on powers, which will probably end up hurting it as most sets are released. Shiftry ex, Cessation Crystal, and Cursed Stone make any Ludicargo player wince, and for good reason.

Flariados, as most people know, has never been a favorite of mine. Unless a lot of things change about the deck, its success will still be decided by the flip of a coin (or rather, the roll of a die).

Eevolution is pretty much dead. No Suprise! Time Machine, no deck.

Metanite looked to be one of the strongest decks heading into this format, unfortunately, people seem to begin to realize that Metanite may not as good as they say. This deck has absolutely no answer to Shiftry ex, which will be popular. It cannot run Battle Frontier, considering it itself is harmed by it. Cessation Crystal and Cursed Stone hurt it to an extent as well, but Windstorm will be a staple in the deck no doubt. As the format stands, however, unless someone finds the exact right techs and such, this deck will probably remain dead.

Lunasol's success will depend on how much Milotic δ and Magcargo affect the format. If they become popular, then Lunasol's ability to almost automatically shut them down will be very powerful, but if they aren't widespread, then Lunasol will just be a weaker Rai/Eggs or Bannette, making it a bad deck.

MMS tries to do too much. Pidgeot made LBS work, and it would be the thing to make MMS work, but Pidgeot is no longer with us. I cannot see such a clunky deck being successful without the bird, thus not putting MMS at the top of my list.

Dustmuk will probably still remain on the bottom of the barrel. Ex decks are going to be used a lot less as more people move towards Rai/Eggs, Metanite, Ludicargo, Flariados, etc.

Polistall has moved up to a whole new level with Dugtrio being released. I can see it impacting Cities quite well, as well as continuing its success to even higher tournaments. As the format stands, only a well-placed Reversal or Disconnect can beat Polistall.

Liability has lost strength due to the lack of ex decks, but if you run the GOOD version (Typhlosion) then you can beat some stuff, but its impact will be limited due to the surge of popularity with Ludicargo, Polistall, and others.

Machamp needs some sort of engine to be good, considering the Queendom engine is gone. If found however, then Machamp could be pretty darn good during Cities/States.

Arcanine ex never really appealed to me, but the fact that it has few powers and can spread some serious damage with Overrun, I may look into it. I cannot, however give judgement on the deck because I have yet to test it in the slightest.

Rai/Eggs of course gained Cessation Crystal, which will be huge, and the deck looks amazing heading into Cities. However, Arcanine and Bannette both outspeed it and have OHKO potential on most things, unlike Rai/Eggs. Also, looking a FEOD, I can definitely say that there will be a Queendom-like deck that will be able to OHKO anything that is sent up by Rai/Eggs, rendering Cessation Crystal next to useless. I see it being popular, but not necessarily good.

Shiftry ex is one card that caught the attention of many when Crystal Guardians was released. Due to its stackable power and good attacks, I can see Shiftry tearing through many decks. It stacks the damage on powers and better yet, will OHKO many pokemon that lack powers, making it an overall good card.

Conclusion: I vote on Bannette ex, Polistall, and Shiftry ex to win the most Cities. Arcanine may be seen as well.

RE:  What Archetype will be best in the 06-07 season

Whicker said:
Bannette ex is SO good right now, and I really don't see too much that can stop the deck (yes, the version WITHOUT Delcatty). It outspeeds even Rai/Eggs and isn't as vunerable to bad draws late game, as most Stage 1 swarm decks are. Also on the plus side, if you run Houndoom or similar, you can lock in Battle Frontier or something that will hurt a lot of the metal types that are soon about to be released. And again, Cessation Crystal is in no way the deck's enemy, considering the power is more of a small bonus than a reliance.
LOL, read my mind.  I'm already testing into it, just gotta find some Bannette EX's:p

Flariados, as most people know, has never been a favorite of mine. Unless a lot of things change about the deck, its success will still be decided by the flip of a coin (or rather, the roll of a die).
Only use this if good at coin flips.  IF you can pull that off, and have good luck it can be a beast.  unless you find a way NOT to get a flippy version winning.

Metanite looked to be one of the strongest decks heading into this format, unfortunately, people seem to begin to realize that Metanite may not as good as they say. This deck has absolutely no answer to Shiftry ex, which will be popular. It cannot run Battle Frontier, considering it itself is harmed by it. Cessation Crystal and Cursed Stone hurt it to an extent as well, but Windstorm will be a staple in the deck no doubt. As the format stands, however, unless someone finds the exact right techs and such, this deck will probably remain dead.

DEAD?  Top 4 Worlds isn't dead to me. It might be dead later, but it ain't dead now.  People'll run it.  BUT, they'll probably lose with it unless they're good with, run Scott, 6 stadiums, and Windstorms.  Which that is way too much to run in 1 deck.

Arcanine ex never really appealed to me, but the fact that it has few powers and can spread some serious damage with Overrun, I may look into it. I cannot, however give judgement on the deck because I have yet to test it in the slightest.
Love this deck, though I can't find a good way to run it in the new format.  but i will find it.  this deck has good matchups to most decks, and shuts off Cargo helping out the ludi matchup EXTREMELY.

Shiftry ex is one card that caught the attention of many when Crystal Guardians was released. Due to its stackable power and good attacks, I can see Shiftry tearing through many decks. It stacks the damage on powers and better yet, will OHKO many pokemon that lack powers, making it an overall good card.
AWESOME card.  plus it works with anything, and only has 1 real weakness in the next format. BF.  but you can easily take care of that if you know what you're doing and run Scott's and 5 stadiums.  Some might run Houndoom with it, but I've found something that is better (not telling)(though most probably know)

Conclusion: I vote on Bannette ex, Polistall, and Shiftry ex to win the most Cities. Arcanine may be seen as well.
AGREED.  Metanite will be attempted, but will it work or die like most think?  Including me.

All in all, when Cities come around these'll be the most competitive decks.

1. Bannette EX/Polistall
2. Shiftry EX varients
3. Ludi/Metanite/Arcy
4. Flareados

those aren't in any order, except for the top part ;)

Arcanine out.

I just do not think that bannete will be good because if you are not able to discard supporters in the first couple of turns the deck sucks plus with umbreon ex mightyena ex and some other dark type pokemon running around bannette ex will have some trouble with that. Also bannete ex only has 90 HP so raichu D can knock that out in 1 hit so can any other dark type pretty much and polistall will own bannete ex all it has too do is swallow up or keep punch and running.

Shiftry ex will be a big impact on many decks that use pokepowers.

Polistall will be alot better with dugtrio. So polistall will be seen much more.

Arcanine ex is a good deck if you get the T2 arcy if not charge up and destroy.

ShadowX said:
I just do not think that bannete will be good because if you are not able to discard supporters in the first couple of turns the deck sucks plus with umbreon ex mightyena ex and some other dark type pokemon running around bannette ex will have some trouble with that. Also bannete ex only has 90 HP so raichu D can knock that out in 1 hit so can any other dark type pretty much and polistall will own bannete ex all it has too do is swallow up or keep punch and running.

Not able to discard supporters? Holon engine? Anybody?

Umbreon and Mightyena... when they become popular then maybe I'll get back to you.

Overall, I really like how you totally disregard speed, which is the key to why Bannette is so good. Sure, Polistall can Swallow Up, but I'd like to see you get 4 energies on the thing before Bannette has plowed through your fossils, and once you Swallow Up, you get KO'd right back, making that 4 turns to power it seem all that more painful.

ShadowX said:
Raichu D? Mightyena EX? I doubt it. did you not see how SD did in
Worlds, so why would people try it now?  and please who would play Mightyena EX.  Umbreon EX will be rarely played as well.  well there goes it three "biggest threats".  SD might be played, but it gets outsped.

The way you accomplish the big hits is HEAVY Holon Engine, TV Reporterand constant use of it's power and switching in and out.  

Bannette EX is proven to be fast.  it's T1, Polistall is T5 if you use Swallow up, T3 to get to attack with a toad.  by then you should be hitting 90 a pop every turn.  unless they get a GREAT amount of fossils on the first hand you shouldn't worry.  plus if they KO one, you just bring out another, they only need 2 energies.

Arcanine out.

RE:   What Archetype will be best in the 06-07 season

Arcanine 274 said:
ShadowX said:
Raichu D? Mightyena EX? I doubt it. did you not see how SD did in
Worlds, so why would people try it now?  and please who would play Mightyena EX.  Umbreon EX will be rarely played as well.  well there goes it three "biggest threats".  SD might be played, but it gets outsped.

The way you accomplish the big hits is HEAVY Holon Engine, TV Reporterand constant use of it's power and switching in and out.  

Bannette EX is proven to be fast.  it's T1, Polistall is T5 if you use Swallow up, T3 to get to attack with a toad.  by then you should be hitting 90 a pop every turn.  unless they get a GREAT amount of fossils on the first hand you shouldn't worry.  plus if they KO one, you just bring out another, they only need 2 energies.

Arcanine out.

Wow Nathan, you just said everything that I just said, except better... I need to work on explaining things.

Ok Umbreon ex is played in eevolution and as a tech in a couple of other decks but ok I admit there are not many dark type pokemon in this format that are usable I just do not think it will be good because bannete ex does not have many HP so any strong attack will demolish it. but it is an ok deck I just do not think it will become the archetype of the season.

Whicker said:
Mewtric loses too much without Admin or Pow, as those were the cards that really made it deadly. As it stands currently, you literally cannot do anything BUT Disconnect, because as soon as you Megashot, there isn't an Admin to take away all the trainers that your opponent has built up over the turns, and 40 damage a turn will NOT win enough games to take a championship against good players. And without Pow, the deck has little recovery. Mewtric is known for its TERRIBLE starts, but it used to be able to recover by Pow'ing, now it pretty much has to rely on Reversal flips, which probably won't be enough to save the deck.

Ludicargo is in a similar position as Mewtric, meaning it has lost a ton of power with the loss of Admin, and to a lesser extent, Pow. However, then engine still remains very much intact, and an early Magcargo will almost win any game for you. The unfortunate part is its reliance on powers, which will probably end up hurting it as most sets are released. Shiftry ex, Cessation Crystal, and Cursed Stone make any Ludicargo player wince, and for good reason.

Eevolution is pretty much dead. No Suprise! Time Machine, no deck.

Lunasol's success will depend on how much Milotic ? and Magcargo affect the format. If they become popular, then Lunasol's ability to almost automatically shut them down will be very powerful, but if they aren't widespread, then Lunasol will just be a weaker Rai/Eggs or Bannette, making it a bad deck.

MMS tries to do too much. Pidgeot made LBS work, and it would be the thing to make MMS work, but Pidgeot is no longer with us. I cannot see such a clunky deck being successful without the bird, thus not putting MMS at the top of my list.

Dustmuk will probably still remain on the bottom of the barrel. Ex decks are going to be used a lot less as more people move towards Rai/Eggs, Metanite, Ludicargo, Flariados, etc.

Polistall has moved up to a whole new level with Dugtrio being released. I can see it impacting Cities quite well, as well as continuing its success to even higher tournaments. As the format stands, only a well-placed Reversal or Disconnect can beat Polistall.

Liability has lost strength due to the lack of ex decks, but if you run the GOOD version (Typhlosion) then you can beat some stuff, but its impact will be limited due to the surge of popularity with Ludicargo, Polistall, and others.

Machamp needs some sort of engine to be good, considering the Queendom engine is gone. If found however, then Machamp could be pretty darn good during Cities/States.

Rai/Eggs of course gained Cessation Crystal, which will be huge, and the deck looks amazing heading into Cities. However, Arcanine and Bannette both outspeed it and have OHKO potential on most things, unlike Rai/Eggs. Also, looking a FEOD, I can definitely say that there will be a Queendom-like deck that will be able to OHKO anything that is sent up by Rai/Eggs, rendering Cessation Crystal next to useless. I see it being popular, but not necessarily good.

You pretty much summed it up right there.

RE:   What Archetype will be best in the 06-07 season

Arcanine 274 said:
Whicker said:
LOL, read my mind.  I'm already testing into it, just gotta find some Bannette EX's:p

Only use this if good at coin flips.  IF you can pull that off, and have good luck it can be a beast.  unless you find a way NOT to get a flippy version winning.

DEAD?  Top 4 Worlds isn't dead to me. It might be dead later, but it ain't dead now.  People'll run it.  BUT, they'll probably lose with it unless they're good with, run Scott, 6 stadiums, and Windstorms.  Which that is way too much to run in 1 deck.

Love this deck, though I can't find a good way to run it in the new format.  but i will find it.  this deck has good matchups to most decks, and shuts off Cargo helping out the ludi matchup EXTREMELY.

AWESOME card.  plus it works with anything, and only has 1 real weakness in the next format. BF.  but you can easily take care of that if you know what you're doing and run Scott's and 5 stadiums.  Some might run Houndoom with it, but I've found something that is better (not telling)(though most probably know)

AGREED.  Metanite will be attempted, but will it work or die like most think?  Including me.

All in all, when Cities come around these'll be the most competitive decks.

1. Bannette EX/Polistall
2. Shiftry EX varients
3. Ludi/Metanite/Arcy
4. Flareados

those aren't in any order, except for the top part ;)

Arcanine out.
polistall isnt a real deck XD XD

no, but seriously..It was a  bad deck, now its a mediocre deck =/ it couldnt win anything.And Raichu d and Cessation Crystal completly destroy the deck from the inside out along with Shedstall. Mewtrick will be owned when FEOD comes out. Eggsachu is indifferent, with Cessation it might be a lot better now. Flariados will stay around. Metanite and power heavy non-ex decks will decrease.

I see Shiftry, Banette, Espeon, Mewtrick, Flariados, SwampCatty, MMS, and random Sceptile ex d decks rocking the boat. LunaSol FTW!

I'd quote ya again, but I don't want to take up the page space, so I'll just agree on most points with you. :)

However, I have actually been testing out Exploud Ex and finding it to be very, very nice so far. I know a lot of people like some of the other EXs like Shifty and Sceptile, but this thing should not be ignored imo...it can swarm and a Rare Candied Exploud with a Boost is devastating to those 90 HP Exs like Banette and Mew, and is actually dangerous to a lot of other Pokemon too since it can literally come out of nowhere, even on the first turn if your hand is good enough. Battle Frontier does hurt it, but not nearly as much as, say, Shifty ex, and BF is of course counterable with things like other gyms, Windstorm, and Tauros, all easy to put in. I'm testing it with Banette/Banette Ex right now for the power of Banette and the resistance compliment, but I'm gonna try it other ways also.

All of you guys are voting for the current archetypes. If there were no more sets between now and Worlds 07 then this thread would have some sort of value but it doesnt. Why? Because there's atleast 3-4 more sets to come out before Worlds next year including the D/P series. No doubt the D/P series will consist of all new combos and cards to use, we'll probably be seeing new trainers and new pokemon classes too. I'd say that very little of the current archetypes listed will remain archetypes by next year's Worlds.

well, the dead of an archtype is an archtype borned LOL

polistal.... itt might be great , if they battle metanite ( deckout/ cursed to dead) and it can add ces. crystal/ holon circle / mysteriuos shard in it ( take this Whicker~)

bannete.... well, it can be great with bannete CG.... low HP is juz the problem, and cursed stones / exploud ex can pretty much kills it

egg got the potential, with mysteriuos shard, ces. crystal....

mewtric ... will go down after worlds (aka 3 dayslater:))

ludicargo can be good ( if it doesnt face shiftry ex hhahahahahahaha)

metanite... my friend always have the problem of deckout lol, also be threated by shiftry ex, exploud ex, ces crystal ...

flareados, good if ur a lucky person ( dam this deck's broken)

eeveelutions.... might have a chance

RK9 seems the best to me , but the problem that haunts the deck is : it aways start 5 early turns with a lone RK9, and low class ppls dont know how to use them , they keep attaching energies to active RK9, ignoring the bench ( making it bait to BSLs)

Abhorsen said:
All of you guys are voting for the current archetypes. If there were no more sets between now and Worlds 07 then this thread would have some sort of value but it doesnt. Why? Because there's atleast 3-4 more sets to come out before Worlds next year including the D/P series. No doubt the D/P series will consist of all new combos and cards to use, we'll probably be seeing new trainers and new pokemon classes too. I'd say that very little of the current archetypes listed will remain archetypes by next year's Worlds.

We are just talking about CG so far once FEOD comes out A couple of decks will die.

Metanite is a good deck if you can take the time to set up.

Eevolution will still be good but not as good because of cessation crystal I think eevolution will become T2 instead of with super scoop up.

Polistall will be better I just do not see many people going with this deck.

Who ever says that Polistall won't do well has not seen that deck played correctly. I've battle some very good players with Polistall and they always end up beating me. Even if I can hit the bench. The reason Polistall should do so well is that it has Dunsparce to Confuse the he-- out of your opponent while you build up a Politoed. Not to mention it demoralizes them. Once that Politoed is up, it can Snipe the bench, retreat to the bench and ohko a lot of things. Noy to mention it also has Cursed Stone Battle Frontier to back it up. A long with Dugtrio to protect the bench.

Next time I meet up with athe Polistall expert of my League, not to mention the best player of the Region, I'll ask him what he thinks of Polistall in the nxt format. It has a lot of potential and WILL do very well. Even with bench hitting decks. It's not an easy deck to play and that's why it hasn't won a lot; bad players were using them.

-GODZILLA

P.S. IF Banette becomes big, there's something from UF to stop it...

Back