XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

Bogleech said:
Now that they've gone 3-d it'd be easier than ever to let players draw their own pokemon and translate it into a model.

Unfortunately every time a game lets people do this, millions immediately draw inappropriate things.

The amount of space required for this to be possible wouldnt be feasible. I would rather they keep putting out the pokemon.

Games already existed back on gamecube that allowed you to draw a simple shape and then turn it into a simple 3-d model. It's pretty simple to do honestly, I just cant' imagine them ever doing it for censorship reasons.

Bogleech said:
Games already existed back on gamecube that allowed you to draw a simple shape and then turn it into a simple 3-d model. It's pretty simple to do honestly, I just cant' imagine them ever doing it for censorship reasons.

But what you're talking about is completely out there. Not only are you saying we should be able to draw our own Pokémon, but you have to consider stats, movepool, EVs, actually be functional within the game.

It's not about whether or not it's possible. Of course it's possible, but that kind of interaction in this fantasy realm would not make any sense what.so.ever. That kind of thing doesn't belong in the Pokémon universe. They would also have to be able to rig the models. That's not hard to do with basic shapes or if they had a pre-set rig. However even then you'd end up with a lot of awkward look monsters.

Besides, I fear a lot of ugly blobs and squiggles running around just thinking about that.

Also,

"Unfortunately every time a game lets people do this, millions immediately draw inappropriate things."

That is a good enough reason for Nintendo not to. It would soil the name of Pokémon.

Inanimate pokemon I'd like to see:
Dragonfruit (I know plant matter is animate, but it still sort of counts)
Trench coat mixed with itten-momen
Zen Stones
Meteorite
Wanyudo
Zorigami

I wouldnt mind seeing some dust bunnies in the shape of bunnies similar or Lopunny

A friend of mine drew goofy poison-type dust bunnies that I really loved: http://le-the-creator.deviantart.com/art/Lumpy-Lagomorphs-206934060

But what you're talking about is completely out there. Not only are you saying we should be able to draw our own Pokémon, but you have to consider stats, movepool, EVs, actually be functional within the game.

It's not about whether or not it's possible. Of course it's possible, but that kind of interaction in this fantasy realm would not make any sense what.so.ever. That kind of thing doesn't belong in the Pokémon universe. They would also have to be able to rig the models. That's not hard to do with basic shapes or if they had a pre-set rig. However even then you'd end up with a lot of awkward look monsters.

It was only hypothetical musing on how they could make a gimmicky "art" pokemon. A literal drawing brought to life, like how porygon is just 3-d.

Even not customizable by the player I'd like to see a scribble/doodle pokemon, it'd be fun. They could make it two dimensional, which would stand out interestingly now that the games are in 3-d.

For now, I can think on these:

-submarine bomb (fire/water)
-missile (steel)
-ice cube (ice)
-jack in the box (ghost)
-caldron (ghost/fairy)
-gargoyle (dark/rock)

I wouldn't mind seeing Pokémon based on...
  • Clock (Psychic?)
  • Light bulb (Electric?)
  • Ceiling fan (Electric/Ghost, Ghost/Flying, or Electric/Flying)
  • Pencil/paper (Normal?)
  • Chalk/blackboard (Normal or Normal/Rock?)
  • Bread (Normal or Normal/Grass?) that can evolve into different sandwiches (ex. Grilled Cheese)
  • Video game console (Steel?)

Sadly we're out of the japan theme usually now so...
I'd like to see some more Youkai pokemon based on objects .w.
We have yet to see an umbrella one, this saddens me.

I wanna see a Pokémon similiar to a gun or a mortar. It'd be really cool. xD

And a signature move called "Total Ownage". Or maybe not. :p But something like "Hipfire" would be cool. 60% Accuracy but 100 damage and confusion caused by it. Sounds BF3ish. Damn, the suppression is huge. xD

A TV Pokemon. I don't even know the reasoning behind that, I just think it would be pretty cool~

ShinyEevee said:
A TV Pokemon. I don't even know the reasoning behind that, I just think it would be pretty cool~

rotomTV.jpg

He was in a TV. That counts for something, right? :p

Which makes it odd that Rotom has no television form.

What's really cool about that, though; television static is partially caused by radioactive feedback from space.

I would really love a Grass/Steel chainsaw Pokemon that preys upon wooden things.

I want a chess Pokemon like this
emperarius__checkmate_pokemon_by_yshiro14-d4kmzu6.png

And a queen version for another version, or gender difference.

I'd like to see a pallet or canvas Pokemon. Perhaps a beret as well for the French feel :p

Jay said:
I'd like to see a pallet or canvas Pokemon. Perhaps a beret as well for the French feel :p

235.png

Well he's not really a pallet or a canvas, rather, a brush. It would be cool if we could get more sketch users, though.

From the time I was 15 up until today I've drawn over 2,000 different fakemon. (That's not a lot for 7 years) and skimming back over them I've designed a lot of object Pokémon, all of which today I see as silly, but it shows how I'll make anything into a Pokémon at least XD.

A test tube which evolves into a beaker (poison / psychic)
A single traffic light which evolves and grows a pole and a second branching light off it (electric / steel)
A traffic cone (normal)
A strip of concrete ripped out of the center of a street with the white lines and all (rock)
A star Pokémon (not starfish) (psychic) that evolves into a constellation Pokémon (psychic / dark)
A bug-zapper form for Rotom (Electric / Bug)
A submarine (water / steel)
An ancient vase (ghost / rock)
A possessed suit of armor (ghost / steel)

and so on. The list goes on and on. I've even made some based on medieval torture devices (all half dark)

Back