XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

P.DelSlayer said:
Thief said:
In the spirit of Paris, France and related things I have a few

*Perfume Bottle poison/water -poison/normal
*stuffed animal (different from banette) psychic/dark or psychic/normal
*beret normal
*coffee pokemon water/dark
*fashion pokemon (may not necessarily be inanimate, but you never know)
A coffee Pokemon would make my life complete

I can see a fashion Pokemon as being veryyy creative. although every genwunner would label it as lazy and uncreative because genwunner logic
One idea for it:
-Pure Normal type mannequin
-We get type themed outfits for each type (eg Poison Suit, Grass Dress etc)
-When attached to the mannequin Pokemon, its appearance changes to include the clothes its wearing.
-It becomes a dual type, with the first being Normal and the second being the type of its outfit (eg. a Poison Suit mannequinmon would make it a Normal/Poison type).

That's perfect! The outfits could be items you collect specifically for that pokemon or some of the outfits for your trainer could also work both ways for the pokemon.
Awesome

iTeruri said:
P.DelSlayer said:
I really want a mirror based Pokemon. I can see it being the 'Bronzong/Claydol' of this generation, with it being a Psychic/Steel.

We already have Bronzor, though. Bronzor is a mirror. Also Cryogonal seems to be partially based on a mirror.

Cryogonal is more of a snowflake. With an 8-bit face

Whitefire said:
Fruit pokemon = yes
We have a pineapple already; Ludicolo

Otherwise, i'm 'meh' towards object mons.

Strawberry pokemon? Yes.

I think it would be cool to see some kind of nuclear particle-based Pokemon. Neutrons, Protons, Electrons, something like that.

a vase. perhaps an urn.

ghost-type pokemon emerging from it ala Cofagrigus. Djinni-style. oil-lamp seems pretty unfitting for the pokeverse; and i feel like dragon warrior monsters did something similar.

sandclock O:

computer pokemon
tea cup pokemon which evolves into a kettle pokemon, and a special evolution to a bowl of noodles

I'm amazed we don't yet have an umbrella, since umbrella monsters or Kasa-obake are one of Japan's most prominent mythological creatures. Could be water/electric to represent an association with thunderstorms, though they're usually considered a type of "ghost" in folklore. Maybe a ghost/flying, or something unexpected like ghost/psychic.

Youkai folklore also has the Nurikabe, a walking stone wall which was also the basis for the Thwomps in Mario games. They're said to enjoy blocking off paths and getting people lost, and in some newer, more sinister stories, they trap people and cement them up in their own bodies. I always wanted to see a Pokemon take on that, and it'd be especially fun if they also made it a ghost-type tombstone.

A car would be cute, and for the people who complain that such things don't make biological sense (lol...in pokemon) it could easily be a giant bug type that evolved to imitate human vehicles, just as insects will imitate stones and plants and all sorts of other things. Why not a giant car-shaped cockroach? Hides in city sewers during the day, roams the streets and eats garbage at night.

I always thought it'd be cool to have a pokemon made up of barnacles encrusting a sunken object, like part of a shipwreck under their control.

A skeleton, if that counts as an "object," is long overdue. Why don't we have some sort of pure rock dinosaur skeleton or something? Like a fossil pokemon incorrectly or incompletely resurrected?

I think a new "virtual" pokemon, like Porygon,would also make sense. I mean, why would people program an entire pokemon line in code and then never do it again? Since porygon is a bird, it'd at least make sense to have sea creature and land-animal counterparts to it.

I also LOVED the phony rumor from months back of a steel/poison trash can that evolves into a dumpster and eats poison types.

ok, we need a computer bug pokemon that evolves into a computer cocoon and a laptop butterfly or something
also, i'd like to see a good looking vehicle pokemon, a clock pokemon, a toy pokemon, and definitley a soap-themed pokemon (bubble would fit perfectly lol)

I think a transportation Pokemon like the cat bus from Totoro would be awesome.
http://kotaku.com/these-real-totoro-catbuses-will-delight-you-473200486

I remember seeing a picture of Charon with its toy robot, supposedly possesed by Rotom when he discovered the Pokémon. I would not mind seeing that becoming an actual forme. I could not find the image though, so I am not sure if it actually exists, or if it is just me imagining it.

Not big fan but a weiner dog hog dog pokemon would be nice!

Jay said:
I think it would be cool to see some kind of nuclear particle-based Pokemon. Neutrons, Protons, Electrons, something like that.

Then the pre-evolutions could be quarks (for the neutrons neutrons and protons)! Oh god i think my physics a level side is coming out

leecario said:
Jay said:

Then the pre-evolutions could be quarks (for the neutrons neutrons and protons)! Oh god i think my physics a level side is coming out

That would be so cool. Also they could all evolve into some super-massive element (Ex. 118)

I've always imagined a elephant/kettle pokemon being Water/Fire (Kettlephant? lol). Imaginable at the very least.
Inanimate objects, I think, are some of the best and most creative pokemon. We could always use a few more of them.

my bf recommended GF makes a pencil pokemon that evolves into a mechanical pencil. believe it or not, but he got the genius idea from looking at a pencil and mechanical pencil! who would have guessed?

Anyone said Origamimon?
CAP2point1.png

I think that the sprite idea is the best so far. And it would be awesome to see in the 3DS!

Delta Nite said:
Anyone said Origamimon?
CAP2point1.png

I think that the sprite idea is the best so far. And it would be awesome to see in the 3DS!

I can really see them doing that. Especially since origami creatures look like living objects (some of them) anyway.

FloodBadge said:
my bf recommended GF makes a pencil pokemon that evolves into a mechanical pencil. believe it or not, but he got the genius idea from looking at a pencil and mechanical pencil! who would have guessed?

Well, maybe not a pencil, but an animal based on a pencil. Just like how Smeargle is based on a paintbrush and palette. A pencil Pokémon might actually be cool.

Windsock dragon (ghost/dragon)

I've seen a fishing lure fakemon I thought was awesome.

A cake-like creature would also be fun, it could be another ice type, really made of snow and not literally food...or a grass type, some sort of mold or fungus that just happens to look like a delicious cake (and poisonous)

Bogleech said:
I've seen a fishing lure fakemon I thought was awesome.

A cake-like creature would also be fun, it could be another ice type, really made of snow and not literally food...or a grass type, some sort of mold or fungus that just happens to look like a delicious cake (and poisonous)

That fungus cakemon sounds awesome. Maybe it could have some kind of ability where if a Pokemon uses a biting move on it they get badly poisoned.

On the subject of foodmons, maybe we could get a pasta Pokemon? It could be like Unown in that there are several aesthetic variations but they all have the same stats and movepool.
OR there could be some kind of Pasta Factory close to where you find it. When you find it, it's the basic form (a lump of pasta dough). However, when you take it to the pasta factory, it can evolve into one of 3 different pasta shapes (lets just say penne, spaghetti and tagliatelle) through an item you get (eg someone asks which of the 3 you want).
The line would go something like:

stage 1 pastamon evolves into 1 of these: ->pennemon which evolves into a Normal plainpastamon
->spaghettimon which evolves into a Normal/Fire bologenesemon
->tagliatellemon which evolves into a Normal/Grass vegetablepastamon

The 1st stage pastamons would evolve via level into their respective evolutions.

Back