XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

Jonn said:
billi1000 said:
A Dolphin Pokemon and a Grasshopper Pokemon are something that I'd like to see in the 6th generation. I hope they won't overdo it with some though like they did with Garbodor and Vanilluxe basing them of a garbage bag and an ice cream cone.

Do you know what inanimate object means?

Yes I do, no need to brag if someone misread the title of the thread.

Anyway, to be on topic, I'd like to see a battery Pokemon and a lighter Pokemon in the 6th generation.

billi1000 said:
A Dolphin Pokemon and a Grasshopper Pokemon are something that I'd like to see in the 6th generation. I hope they won't overdo it with some though like they did with Garbodor and Vanilluxe basing them of a garbage bag and an ice cream cone.

What's wrong with Garbodor and Vanilluxe? Can you please explain to me how GF "over did" it?

.Towelette said:
billi1000 said:

What's wrong with Garbodor and Vanilluxe? Can you please explain to me how GF "over did" it?

I m not saying Garbodor and Vanilluxe are horrible Pokemon, its just maybe Nintendo ran out of ideas to make a Pokemon thats basically an ice cream cone with 2 faces and a garbage bag with one. All that aside, they do look like original pokemon designs though.

billi1000 said:
.Towelette said:

I m not saying Garbodor and Vanilluxe are horrible Pokemon, its just maybe Nintendo ran out of ideas to make a Pokemon thats basically an ice cream cone with 2 faces and a garbage bag with one. All that aside, they do look like original pokemon designs though.

Trust me, GameFreak will NEVER run out of ideas. There's only 649 Pokemon. We'll never know when the Pokemon franchise will finally get boring and die out, but I think GF is as creative as ever with its concepts. Maybe not COMPLETELY original, with the large amount of canines and felines, but I see more imagination come from GF every gen. I get a bit pissed off when anyone says that Garbodor and Vanilluxe are "stupid", "uncreative", or "badly designed". Well, that's just me, an inanimate-based-Pokemon lover.

well said.

gamefreak has only just started tapping into pokemons full potential of possibilities.

Making new eeveelutions is more running out of ideas than Garbodor and Vanilluxe. I liked them doing Ice Cream Pokemon and I like Vanilite and Vanilish (even though I don't like the second head).

Alright, I'm glad that some people agree with me. Let's get more on topic, shall we?

A voodoo Pokémon would be cool...

Mindfang said:

We have Banette already. Not sure if it's based off of a voodoo doll, but its a doll of sorts.

.Towelette said:
Mindfang said:

We have Banette already. Not sure if it's based off of a voodoo doll, but its a doll of sorts.
Banette is, in fact, based on a voodoo doll. It's Pokedex entry has ties to that of the Tsukumogami.

I personally would love to see more unique inanimate-based designs.

Expanding on what I posted earlier, I would also like to see:

- a treasure chest with teeth and a tongue when it opens its mouth. Maybe psychic/ghost or psychic/dark.

- a perfume bottle. Maybe grass/fairy?

- a castle. A gigantic walking European castle! It's first evolution could be a castle gate and two turrets followed by a mid evolution which a keep that springs up behind the gate. Finally, the last eviction is a fully formed castle! It could be a pure Rock type or a Rock/Ghost, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy, or Rock/Normal. It would also tie in with the French concept.

- a toilet Pokemon! Could be poison/water since it spews out disgusting brown water! Like one of those broken toilets you see in a broken down bathroom in movies!

- a fountain like Pokemon would be cool! Rock/water typing but yet doesn't swim. Also makes sense given how France has many fountains.

LostVoice said:
- a treasure chest with teeth and a tongue when it opens its mouth. Maybe psychic/ghost or psychic/dark.
first_place__scurvkey_by_jesgrad07-d39w6k1.png

Hmm yeah but without arms or legs. And eyes.

Alix Rooker said:
LostVoice said:
Hmm yeah but without arms or legs. And eyes.
Yo-HOHO-and-a-bottle-of-blood-195137104
Contest-entry-Sekrey-Trekerab-195300341

Ok, yeah, so what are you trying to get at? The fact you are impressive at finding Fakemons or the fact that Fakemon artists have produced and reproduced so many Fakemon that, in most cases, the ideas has already been done before? I am a bit confused as to why you continuously post pictures of Fakemon art of an idea I posted (and an idea that I know has been done many times over).

LostVoice said:
Alix Rooker said:

Ok, yeah, so what are you trying to get at? The fact you are impressive at finding Fakemons or the fact that Fakemon artists have produced and reproduced so many Fakemon that, in most cases, the ideas has already been done before? I am a bit confused as to why you continuously post pictures of Fakemon art of an idea I posted (and an idea that I know has been done many times over).
Uhm. Bro? I was just trying to get a grasp, and give examples of what it was you were referring to.
Hop off my back.

No problem with that. I wasn't really going for a particular image but more so of a concept. What you picture something is entirely different of how I picture it. I don't want to define how I picture am idea by another artists depiction but rather my own. You could of just asked what I meant. But I'm being a bit touchy due to a lack of coffee this morning.

Sorry I snapped at you. It was pretty childish of me.

LostVoice said:
No problem with that. I wasn't really going for a particular image but more so of a concept. What you picture something is entirely different of how I picture it. I don't want to define how I picture am idea by another artists depiction but rather my own. You could of just asked what I meant. But I'm being a bit touchy due to a lack of coffee this morning.

Sorry I snapped at you. It was pretty childish of me.
It's cool.
I actually think that a treasure chest line would be interesting to see in the Pokemon universe. A bit strange, but I suppose no more strange than a Garbage bag coming to life.

Although your idea of a toilet Pokemon was a bit gross IMO. hahaha.

Personally, I can't think of any inanimate objects that I would want to see as Pokemon.
That is one thing that I want to be surprised about when it comes to this Generation.

hmmm... i'd like to see a water-type snake hose that evolves into a water/steel-type fire hydrant/fire engine combo cobra

Since gen5 gave us a death mask Pokemon, I think a dark/poison plague mask and a poison/steel or poison/fire gas mask Pokemon would be interesting. Each should have 2 evolution stages. Maybe make them version exclusives?

Back