What are your skillz?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If PokeBeach members were suddenly called upon to help write pages related to the video games and TCG, what do you think you would be able to help with?

Also, do you have any skills, like being an artist, a programmer, a Japanese translator, or whatever, that set you apart from other people? Do you have a complete Japanese TCG collection? Are you a gamefreak and know strategies for all D/P Pokemon? Stuff like that.

Catalog your resumé here! Show off everything you can do! Don't hold back.

Here me goes....

Well I guess there are better members than me, but I think I have a few talents that I could use to help out.

In no way am I perfect, but I like spriting and POkemon art. I have been doing it for some years and specifically love banner making and all kinds of spriting. I think I could do any pokemon art challenge thrown at me, so I could qualify for that.

I have been into the TCG for 7 years, so I gues I am quite experienced. I have had a few top cuts at cities, but for religious reasons I can't enter tourney's on Saturday, so I never have been to nats or worlds, but I think I could have gone. And it is very rare that I get to go to a cities either.

I have just under 4,000 cards currently, ANd am a collector as well as player.

TCG is definately my most familar and best area of pokemon, and I could write many articles on it, as I have done. I catually only have two posted on PokéBeach Forums, but I am writing afew on great encounters cards.

I love rouge decks. I never play anythign standard, its just so much more fun coming up with origional ocmbos, and I get much more versitiity when wirting about them. I am especially anti GG.

If I could I would enter for table tennis, but I guess that wont help the site.

IN terms of gaming I'm a newbie, and am still stuck on cynthia in diamond. So I guess I don't qualify.

However, I am descent on shoddy, and have made a few great teams. I could write about teams as well I guess, but I am useess at raising pokemon. On shoddy though, I can make a brilliant team, so I geuss I could qualify for team building.

I can write about anything pokemon related or non pokemon related, fan fiction, articels, you name it, I write it. I love to write and Will write about anything so If you need and article/fanfic writer I guess I qualify.

Thats it from me. Feel free to pick on me when you need anything that I can do done.

Alright...

I used to play TCG a lot, but became less involved in building and playing decks after the release of the Diamond/Pearl video games.

I still collect the cards, just don't play them.

I am very much involved in the D/P Metagame, whether it be Shoddy Battle or WiFi. I know plenty of strategies and would be glad to write articles on Pokemon.

I can also write warstories/fan fiction if you would like me to.

I think I'm a good TCG player, even though I use archetypes. They were built from scratch, no help from anyone. That was a good feat, and I think this season is pretty good. I love the TCG, and started playing two summers ago at the 10th Anniversary Celebration. Even though I have never written articles, I understand almost everything, and I know most of the rulings on the top of my head. I have bought boxes for every set, and I now have about 5,000 cards. For the Video Game, I understand all the advance terms such as EV training and IV breeding, and I play, but not too often. I'm not good enough to write articles about them, but I can write a few, since I have looked into them. I have placed 2nd at States, 3rd at Cities, and 4th at Regionals BTW.
~Serebii1997

I am a very experienced TCG player. I tend to use Rogue decks alot. But my strong point is definitely writing articles and reviews. I started playing when I was 7 years old and got into it competitively about 2 1/2 years ago. I am also ranked 10th in my state. I am slowly learning the concept of EV's and IV's so bear with me. Thanks again.

~UchihaBlood

I have been collecting for about 5-6 years and am a very experienced collector

I like using the pokemon games and have gotten good at them over the last couple of years

I play pokemon in lots of tourneys making top cut 6 or 7 times in my two years of OP

IDK how to sprite or translate japanese

I have 2,500 to 3,500 cards currently

I have an ebay business so i know the value fo lots of cards

I have played a few non archetype decks including Flydoqueen(flygon ex d/nidoqueen d) last year Flykrow(Flygon ex d/Honchkrow lv.X) to kounter g and g which didnt work since g and g didnt get popular in New England for a while Doombliss(Houndoom/blissey w/ weavile tech and claydol tech) which got t4 at states twice and t8 at regionals

I am ok at writing articles but not the best

I am always willing to try to help, even if i dont know how to do the thing

If you need guides explaining the workings of 2vs2 battling, then I'd be more than happy to volunteer for the job.

As I think you know WPM, I'm working on a Damage Calculator for D/P. It's quite a feat and has taken me much longer than I expected. It is amazing to truly realize how detailed this game that we've played since we were just little kids... But I digress. I will be supplying the Calculator in full to PokéBeach, and along with that I will be writing a D/P Battling Guide in the near future. I also have an idea that would benefit PokéBeach... A Pokémon Analysis. I would gladly write many analyses for the Pokémon, and I would put my full effort into making it a good project. Just some thoughts... :D

I have been playing the TCG ever since it first came out over here, but became competitive around 2004. I read up a lot on all of the most popular decks in the format, learning their strengths and weaknesses, even if I never actually get to play with or against them. I generally play what ever I can build, be it rouge or archetype, and thus have experience with both.
As you know, I am an ex-strategist, so have had practice on writing articles, and even though their were card reviews, I think I would be able to write an article on most aspects on the TCG, but mainly decks and card reviews.
I would only be able to write article for the TCG, since I know little on any other Pokémon related subjects.

Welll... I don't mean to toot my own horn, but here goes nothing.

I have been playing this game for 2 years. I started in February 2006 at a Legend Makers Pre-release, where I pulled from my first 6 packs a Mew ex, a Flygon ex, 2 Banette ex's, Registeel *, and 1 Arcanine ex. Needless to say, I didn't know how to build a deck to save my life. So I just put everything cool I got in my packs into a 40 card deck, and I ended up in 4th :).

Anyway, my skills in the TCG, if I do say so myself, are phenominal. Each and every one of my friends come to me weekly, if not daily, for advice. My references would be Dark Bliss and Uchiablood, whom I help out quite a bit :). (I respect both of you as players, BTW ;))

So far this year, I have placed

1st in 1 Battle Roads
2nd in 2 Battle roads
3rd in 1 Battle roads
2nd in 2 City Championships
3rd in 1 City Championship
5th in 1 City Championship
Didn't go to states
5th at 1 Regional Championships

I have the complete Japanese Shining Darkness set, and the complete Japanese DP5 (Both packs, Heatran and Regigigas) are coming my way in just 2 weeks.

Have you ever heard of Chris Fulop or maybe Drew Holton? Well... these are quite good friends of mine. Have you ever heard of the website known as "The Top Cut"? Well, I'm a moderator on there, and Drew and Chris run that website, along with many other experienced and well known and respected players in the TCG community.

I am very good at writing articles. While they may not be very long, they are informative enough for 5 articles :D.

What sets me apart from other people is... I got nothing. However, I hope that what I have written that shows that I'm not just another face in the crowd, but not someone who is TOTALLY different than other people will help you chose me for whatever it is you're doing.

P.S: What on earth are you doing :F?

Water Pokemon Master said:
Show off everything you can do!

Do handstands count :p?

I'd just like to mention that this thread is for skills that would help us in determining who can help with the website. We don't need to know your entire history, just your skills. ;)

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'd just like to mention that this thread is for skills that would help us in determining who can help with the website. We don't need to know your entire history, just your skills. ;)

I'm still not sure I ENTIRELY understand. I mean, if you wanted someone to write articles on the TCG, couldn't you just ask the stratagists?

However, I think that it's a good idea to have some people help out with the website. I kinda miss card reviews and deck reviews (and the 1 or 2 reviews Team Eclipse did :p)

The strategists are lame :p

The strategists only do TCG stuff. We need members who can help in all areas, and actually, the strategists could do with help.

I guess I have a lot of time and a small bit of experience to write some gaming articles, I've been fascinated at competitive play for a few years now and I'd like to see how well I could do writing something up.

I'm currently programming a pokemon game in RPGXP, but I assume that's nothing to do with the programming you want XD

Well this is interesting, ok well here goes!

When it comes to my talents I like to think I am a pretty good artist, sure I have some room to improve but I believe we all do. I can do sprites, I won INFERNAPES 3rd Contest, and came in 3 in his second contest (I believe that was the harder of the two, and it was my first contest ever) and I came in 3rd in Project Custom which I believe was a great expierence, and i had some good pieces!

Other than that I am in multiple clans for different things, not tcg or D&P, I just got a ds and am still trying to get back into the tcg, but growing and getting more knowledgable each day! I am a reporter in the News Gang, which is just crazy fun, interviewing people around the forum seeing what they really think about different things. I am writing articls for them, and having a blast. Speaking of writing I had a fan fic, I had a little family emergency and it fell through but i am planning to re-open soon!

I also really enjoy the Pokemon Anime, i am always seeing what is going to happen and making my little predictions and sharing them with my anime peers. I am very interested in it and would like to see it gain more popularity.

Also I don't know how much this has to do with Pokebeach but Im not to bad at making movies, just to let you know.

Well if there is anything I can do to help the site, I believe I can do it. I learn quick, and always open to doing new things! I don't have a mark against me on pokebeach i don't think so if there is anything I could possibly do, just let me know!

Thanks
Mk63!

Well heer is what I do:

1. I am a serious pokemon art person, I get help and am improving in every way I possibly can with artistian cave.

2. I can find some pretty fast articles on stuff wether it be movies, books, pokemon art, TCG, TFG, Anime, and anything else you write articles for.

3. I am getting better at competeitive battling and discovering new strategys for pokemon all the time. I have discovered about 20 different charizard move set and that's just for Charizard.

That's it pretty much if you need help let me know!

Interesting! Ok...

~ I can translate any JP Eng-Katakana. Not a very good skill... but maybe it can help.

~ I can recite types, weight, movesets, stats, height, size in comparison to, Pokedex entries, and almost all information for any Pokemon in a flash.

~ I'm great with music. This is probably my strongest thing. I can just hear a piece of music and play it on my Clarinet. If I listen to it a couple more times, I can write it down as sheet music. I play almost all intsruments and can do almost anything when it comes to that stuff. So how does that help Pokebeach? I don't know.

~ I've bin nown to use exsepshunal speling and grammer. That's a thing that some forumers lack.

(I make up words, too! "forumers")

~ I have an artistic flair... :F

~ Yo Hablo Espanol!

~ I'm... friendly? *shot*

That's about it. Useless, aren't I?

TCG

I'm good with anaylizing cards and creating decks with them. I also know how to make Archtypes better than they are supposed to be. I love to study meta in different areas.

I have won some tournies with rougue decks too.

My record for this season is: 58-11 not bad in my opinion.

2 BR wins
1 3rd in BRs

5 Cities wins
2 2nds in cities
1 7 (first round loss for being two minutes late.)

1 states win

5th at regionals

Prereleases - In my opinion the real strategy test having to use what you get.

8-0 through MT prerelease and side events
Won GE prerelease

I love to strategize and make suprizes I have a wide collection so testing is not hard for me.

I can build a deck around almost any card as long as you only choose one.

I have only been playing for two years.

I also seem to be very popular in TCG events as every where I go there are people who really want to meet Spirit Of Mew.

If you want to know anything else about me let me know.

Back